Does anyone know if an 11 year can order off the kids menu?

cajunpeach

Tinker Bell attitude in a Pooh size body
My daughter will have just turned 11 when we go the The World in May. She is not a big eater but wants to go to Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. Does anyone know if children of any age can order off the kids menu? I hate to pay $27.99 for the experience and she not eat anything.

:tinker:

:thanks:
Cajunpeach

At a family-style or buffet, you'll have to pay the adult price, unfortunately. We have the same issue with our 11 YO son who is very picky. However, at restaurants with a regular menu, we had no problem ordering him a kid's meal.

LTT's menu is actually not bad for picky eaters. There's mac n cheese, nice dinner rolls, mashed potatoes, and three kinds of meat, so usually we can find something he'll eat!

Honestly, I would just say she is still 10.

I had a teeny, tiny, 11 year old who ate cereal and fruit for breakfast.

I said she was 10 so we weren't paying 25 dollars for it.

If she had eaten as much as an adult I would have felt badly, but really, the 13.99 I think we paid for her was still plenty for what she ate.

People are going to ask you if you want to teach your daughter dishonesty.

I understand the sentiment---but really, we don't fudge her age for admission purposes or movie admissions or really anything else in our lives, and I personally think Disney would rather us pay 25 dollars for our meals, 14 dollars for hers, even thoughs she was a month over 10, then for us to just abstain for the meal all together.

I just called WDW-Dine and I asked the exact question you bring up! My DD is 11 and she wants to order from the kids menu most of the time. The CM I spoke to simply said "Tell your server". I certainly understand that we would have to pay adult prices for any buffet, but that is the exact reason we will not choose any buffet meals for our trip! ($28 - dinner for an 11 year old?? Yikes!) I feel pretty confident that any table service restaurant would allow her to order a childs meal if that's what she wants. Don't you think??:confused3

It appears the best thing for you to do is not choose LTT. It would be better to choose a restaurant that is not family-style or a buffet. The family-style and buffet restaurants will charge the price for age 10 and over. At restaurants where you order off a menu, you would probably be able to order from the kids menu (not a guarantee).

We had the same situation, my son would only eat items from the childrens menu, chicken strips, we were told that he could but we would up paying an adult price for the dinner. I guess each restaurant and server handles it differently. Doesn't hurt to ask, though!

If you have your heart set on eating at LTT then maybe you could consider eating there for lunch then you and your DD can order anything off the menu. Dinner is the character meal with a pre-set price only. That's what I'm planning to do with my DD who will be 10 or 11 (depending when we go) on our next trip.

My other DD-13 and I had no problem ordering the kids portion cheese burger and fries at the SciFi last fall. I also ordered a side of onion rings and everything was yummy and just the right amount of food.

Have a great trip whatever you decide.

I just called WDW-Dine and I asked the exact question you bring up! My DD is 11 and she wants to order from the kids menu most of the time. The CM I spoke to simply said "Tell your server". I certainly understand that we would have to pay adult prices for any buffet, but that is the exact reason we will not choose any buffet meals for our trip! ($28 - dinner for an 11 year old?? Yikes!) I feel pretty confident that any table service restaurant would allow her to order a childs meal if that's what she wants. Don't you think??:confused3

Thats the problem. LLT at dinner time is a family style meal. There is no childrens menu, its a childrens price.

If you want to eat at LLT and order a childs meal, you need to go at lunch time.

I agree, if you want to eat at LT, then book the lunch. The lunch is menu selection, so you child can possibly order from the menu. If you go to any buffets, your 11 year old WILL be charged as an adult.

For example: 2 years ago the age for buffet was 11 and under as a child. We booked the Cape May with our grandson 10 years old. We made the ADR in May, but then Disney announced that starting July 1 the age would drop to 9. We didn't know what was going to happen, especially since he was legite when we made the ADR. We went to Cape May and explained the situation and the manager said, their policy is that we would he would NOW be paying adult price. We left and ate elsewhere and did complained to the front desk. We knew the rules had changed, but everytime we asked dining if the current ADRs would be grandfathered in, they would tell us that we would be paying kids prices. Back then he would've only eaten pizza and chix strips. He's a bigger eater now, so paying adult is OK with us. So if you take your 11 year old to any of the Disney buffets, it will cost the price of an adult meal. We skipped buffets with the grandson for 2 years until his appetite changed. However, at many TS restraurants you can order a child's meal in adult serving size for an additional amount. We did this often.

I was concerned about this same situation. I understand about buffets and will save those for the DDP but my 10 yr old daughter is very picky about certain foods and prefers Mac and cheese or chicken strips and really does not need a adult portion. My 13 yr old son is even more picky but getting more of an appetite now but still sticks with hamburgers and pizzas. I checked some of the menus and there are not a lot of adult foods either of them will appreciate.

My dd was 11 our last trip and was able to order a kids meal when ordering from a menu. Often though she would get an appetizer and salad or soup as she quickly got tired of the kids choices.

For buffets, character meals and family style all you can eat meals she was charged as an adult. What we did was book those as mainly breakfast/brunch since she loves those foods.

So for LLT you will pay adult price but for other meals she will most likely be able to choose from the kids menu.

TJ

I was thinking of going there in May with my 5 year old and 7 year old. Does any one know exactly what is on the Family Style Dinner menu. I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place. Thanks.

I was thinking of going there in May with my 5 year old and 7 year old. Does any one know exactly what is on the Family Style Dinner menu. I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place. Thanks.

You can go to allearsnet.com to look at all the menus. Just click on the dining link.

And welcome to the Dis!

Kimba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter