Does anyone know how many carbs are in a Mickey bar?

The nutritional value is on the side of the Mickey bar. We go in July. I don't know when you are going but I can check for you at that time.

My daughter Is T1D since 8/4/14. I have been gathering information to estimate some of her favorite foods.

I did a Google search and came up with 31 for the Mickey Bar.

I have been researching a kids Mickey waffle for her. I have found a lot of conflicting information. So I am going to guesstimate in between and see how her numbers go. I am going to do the same for those chicken breast nuggets she loves.

I am getting a small pocket scale and measuring cups that collapse. Good luck, we are not experienced as some with T1D but we are learning.

Last edited:
My daughter has just been diagnosed T1D and we go in October. I'm sadden to hear Disney doesnt have nutritional values available. Will calorie king work? Would you be willing to share your carb counts you've gotten so far?

My daughter has just been diagnosed T1D and we go in October. I'm sadden to hear Disney doesnt have nutritional values available. Will calorie king work? Would you be willing to share your carb counts you've gotten so far?

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter was diagnosed T1D it was devastating for me. I do not wish the feelings or the fear on any parent. Huge hugs! It does get better.

Figwee app is great for estimating foods as well as calorie king we use both.

Cakepop she eats the vanilla with chocolate coating I am estimating around 15-20, I am going to start with 18 carbs on that. Once again keeping an eye on her and asking questions.

She has requested she eat Disney candy when she has a low, so we are going to buy some of the prepackaged stuff that does have carb counts for that when we firt get there and put it in her kit.

I have seen 11-20 per kids (the small ones) Mickey Waffle. I am going to go with 15 and estimate that and just do correction at the next meal. The thing with T1D is I am never quite sure how her body will react to foods.

We also use FRIO packs it keeps her insulin cool in the heat and from freezing in the winter. These are considered a medical item so we put them on our flexible Medical spending acct.

I am getting my pocket scale from Bed Bath and Beyond and I got my collapseable measuring cups from target.com. I will be carrying those in a back pack as well.

For chicken nuggets we use figwee or which restaurant do those nuggets look closest to on calorie king.

Last edited:

AlohaAnnie- the diagnosis was a surprise but we caught it before it got too far into DKA! Dr said if we had waited a week it would have been bad.

Still trying to find low carb snacks that aren't just cheese and meat! We carry meat bags everywhere we go! Hoping by October it will be better.

At least we've booked our meals so I have an idea of what she'll eat, but the pocket scale sounds brillant.

we're flying and I've heard airlines won't let you bring 10 pack needles onto planes. They need to be individual needles. We only use syringes for lantus, but I don't want to have an issue so I'm calling my Dr now. I did read disney hotel will give you sharp container, but I'm ordering a pocket one for test lancet for flight just incase.

It's such an education!! Have you contacted JDRF for a bag of Hope and connection to a local family? I'm trying to connect with mine so daughter has someone to talk to. A lot of stress.

How are you doing?

TinaLala - I am doing better now, I am relaxing more about the diagnosis and moving forward. I still have moments at night that I wake up to check on her worried about her blood sugar being low.

We also caught our daughters before she went into DKA, I had noticed she lost a tremendous amount of weight and she is a very small girl. She was pale, drinking a huge amount of liquids, and eating so much food. My husband is a Type 2, so I had him test her blood sugar and it was off his meter.

I thought as long as you have a prescription from your doctor you can bring medicines and supplies on a plane.

I know TSA has a website for the United States:

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/passengers-diabetes

I am not sure where you are from, I am in the U.S. My husband often flies being a diabetic and as long as it is a diabetic supply and he has a prescription he has never had a problem taking his supplies on the plane.

My daughter has Pens for all her Novolog insulin and her lantus comes in pen form as well so we use nano needles you screw on.

My husband did say if we flew we would have to take out her water and juice from her kit and replace it after security because they would not allow that.

Here's more information as well: http://allears.net/pl/diabetes.htm#nine

Last edited:

On snacks that are more low carb or carb free,

There are 100 calories nut packs, my daughter eats those and while they are not carb free they are low carb and can be eaten without insulin. She can eat carbs that are 5-8 carbs without insulin between meals one time. Then she has to go no carb after that.

Sometimes, they eat these Oscar Meyer P3 - http://www.proteinproteinprotein.com

We also learned she can snack twice a day but it has to be 2 hours after she has taken insulin, so like she eats a lunch insulin meal and then 2 hours after that she can have a snack.

Small salad with a little cheese and dressing, is very low carb. My daughters Favorite is Caesar, with a little shredded Parmesan, and a tablespoon Caesar dressing. She can eat that without insulin between meals - I think it is like 6 carbs for the whole thing.

Sugar free Jello
Some fruits and vegetables but my daughter is not much of a fruit and vegetable eater so it makes it difficult.

Try emailing them to see if you can get any sort of lists in advance.

Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com

And if you Google "T1D at Disney" you'll get a whole list of sites/info.

Sadly, in my research Disney does not give out carb counts for T1D, and while they are great with other food allergies and such. They are not so great with carb counts for T1D. Your chef at table service will come out and tell you what ingredients are in things, for example some restaurants put sugar in mashed potatoes. We would not expect that as T1D parents, we know most mashed potatoes are made with cream and butter and that 1/2 cup is approximately 12-15 carbs. That is where our pocket scales and measure cups and spoons come into play. It is possible to dine out so fellow T1D's and parents of t1d's do not fear, it is just going to take a bit of work on our part.

Here is a prime example:

http://www.badshoe.com/type1.htm

Your post is helpful, thank you - there is just not as much info available as you would think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter