Does anyone know anything about Epcot Forever?

disneycountrygirl

Mouseketeer
We will be in Disney for the end of Illuminations and first showing of Epcot forever and are wondering if it's worth park hopping to Epcot on our very last night just to see it. I really don't want to leave Disney with our last thing being something that is "meh".

We love all things Disney except the night time spectacular shows. We adored DL's World of Color and every WDW MK castle show and fireworks over the years. However, Rivers of Light was just OK (once was enough). Fantasmic wasn't that great (twice was enough), but we actually weren't impressed with Illuminations, and skipping it would have been just fine.

On the other hand, my sister's family is coming with us - first time in WDW - and when else will you see 2 Epcot night time shows in one trip?

Does anyone know if it's worth it?

Since it has not debuted yet no one can really give you much info.

Its going to feature songs that Epcot has had over the years I would assume there would be songs like "One Little Spark" and possibly something from Kitchen Cabaret/Food Rocks, Captain EO etc.

If I had the chance to see the final Illuminations AND the first Epcot Forever I would take it.

Epcot Forever is only going to be around for 1 year.

I would suggest that you visit the WDW website to view their description of it. (I tried to leave a direct link but for some reason Disboards thinks I'm trying to span the post so I cannot)

Last edited:
Based on your post, if this is a once in forever trip, I would probably go with HEA. Based on your sig though, I doubt this is the case. Personally, I would roll the dice and do Epcot Forever as you will never get the chance to see it again. The other thing you could do is check youtube as there will almost certainly be a video up shortly after the first show. You could base your decision on that. Right now, I don't think anyone knows anything about the show unless they have inside information.

Based on your post, if this is a once in forever trip, I would probably go with HEA. Based on your sig though, I doubt this is the case. Personally, I would roll the dice and do Epcot Forever as you will never get the chance to see it again. The other thing you could do is check youtube as there will almost certainly be a video up shortly after the first show. You could base your decision on that. Right now, I don't think anyone knows anything about the show unless they have inside information.

Sounds like OP's last night would be Epcot Forever's first show so watching it on youtube would not be an option to decide.

The only thing we know is that it is an "interim" show, while the real, main, new show is developed (that one will debut in 2020). I'm looking forward to it just because it's a change from Illuminations, but I would not expect it to be amazing, otherwise, they would just keep it instead of developing the new show that will debut in 2020.

I mean I went and saw the “fake show” at Animal Kingdom the first night Rivers of Light was supposed to be and man do I regret planning around that! I say if you are going to just go there because it’s new don’t. If you are really interested in it then go but if not don’t plan around it.

I've seen the fireworks for Epcot Forever and they look amazing. I've heard a little bit of the music and liked that as well.

I mean I went and saw the “fake show” at Animal Kingdom the first night Rivers of Light was supposed to be and man do I regret planning around that! I say if you are going to just go there because it’s new don’t. If you are really interested in it then go but if not don’t plan around it.

That is exactly what I was thinking, and is helpful advice - an interim show is likely not going to be great and we don't love the majority of those shows to start with. This is planned to be our last trip for probably 3 or so years and it would be such a bummer to be walking out of the Disney gates (which is always sad anyway) and saying, "Well that wasn't worth it! We should have ended our last night at AK or HS!" (It's a party night at MK otherwise we'd end with HEA in a heartbeat!)

That is exactly what I was thinking, and is helpful advice - an interim show is likely not going to be great and we don't love the majority of those shows to start with. This is planned to be our last trip for probably 3 or so years and it would be such a bummer to be walking out of the Disney gates (which is always sad anyway) and saying, "Well that wasn't worth it! We should have ended our last night at AK or HS!" (It's a party night at MK otherwise we'd end with HEA in a heartbeat!)

If HEA is out, and it's a choice between AK, HS or an unknown Epcot Forever, I would choose Epcot for sure. Keep in mind that for me, night shows are all about fireworks. Plus, even if it was disappointing in the end, I would kick myself if I missed the only opportunity to ever watch Epcot Forever, because it would be highly unlikely that it will ever return.

OP we are in the same boat. We are definitely seeing illuminations on the 30th for the last time, as I love it so much. I debated HEA for our last night. But since it is an interim show, I decided that I won't plan on it and instead end our trip with MK. When we are there, if the mood takes us, we might hop. But I doubt it.

I would goto EPCOT as it may be your only chance to see it. Will it be amazing? Unsure.
However, I enjoy Illuminations, Fantasmic and HEA, RoL is a pass.
HEA will still be there for your next trip, EPCOT Forever isn't forever.

If you didn't care for IllumiNations, most likely you are not going to care for Epcot Forever. It is more of a fireworks show, however the soundtrack is Epcot's greatest hits. The show does use more high level fireworks than IllumiNations did. I think the show will be entertaining as I find most Disney nighttime spectaculars entertaining with the exception of Rivers of Light & World of Color at the Disneyland Resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter