Does anyone know anything about Daytona Beach????

singitalto

<font color=FF66FF>Can't wait to stay at the Beach
We will be in Orlando for 9 nights in Sept(for WDW and Universal). Since we are driving(home to NY), we though we would stay at Daytona Beach for our last night of vacation. The kids haven't seen a Florida Beach with really warm water. (the beaches here in NY are great, but the water stays pretty cold)

Question-- Does any one know what areas are prefered, or areas to stay away from? In particular -I can get a really good AAA rate these hotels,both on the water, with a view of the ocean and a balcony(and contential breakfast)
1)Treasure Island Inn(2025 South Atlantic Ave)-$49.95
2)Beachcomer Daytona Beach Resort(2000NAtlantic Ave)-$59.95

Thanks!

(I hope this is the right place to post this- I just know someone out there has the info I need!!!)

We stayed at the Ocean Court Motel on South Atlantic Avenue last November. I was surprised to find the ocean still warm enough for swimming. It was right after hurricane Michelle went through and the beachcombing was great. Got lots of good shells (a rarity I was told by the lifeguard). The beach is fantastic, our two boys had a great time playing in the sand. We stayed a week and spent almost everyday just lounging by the pool, playing suffleboard and swimming. I was very hesitant about this area, but found it great for the family and sooooo much cheaper than the east coast. We took a day trip to Port Canaveral to walk the pier and see the cruise ships. The Disney ships dock here. We took a drive to the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse to the south as well. We were about three miles south of the main beach - the number was 2315 S. Atlantic Ave. Great for a quiet beach time.

Hi - I live in Daytona Beach, and I think I'd choose the Treasure Island over the other. The area south (also known as Daytona Beach Shores) is quieter, and nicer, IMHO. Also check out the Acapulco Inn - recently redone rooms, on the ocean, with a restaurant and directly across from a mini golf course. I know they were advertising great rates in the local paper that included a full breakfast. There's quite a few good hotels to choose from - I also like the Palm Plaza and Sun Viking, to list a few. The Adams Mark and Ocean Walk are located downtown directly on the boardwalk, but probably too pricey. I'll watch and post again if I see anything advertised down here that is an outstanding deal! The beach is the big draw, but there's LOTS to do here with your family - Daytona USA at the Speedway is a big attraction the kids would love (video games!), plus Adventure Landing,etc. You'll have a great time!

Hi Seahunt:

How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful area.

We are thinking of doing the same thing as the above poster, what do you think of ormond beach for a quiet area, and in april/may do we have to worry about jelly fish, oh and I have not heard anything about sharks this year since the terrible 9ll. Should we stay out of the ocean as far as swimming? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Deb.

Hi Seahunt:

How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful area.

We are thinking of doing the same thing as the above poster, what do you think of ormond beach for a quiet area, and in april/may do we have to worry about jelly fish, oh and I have not heard anything about sharks this year since the terrible 9ll. Should we stay out of the ocean as far as swimming? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Deb.

Hi Deb/Seahunt -

We were able to postpone our trip to Daytona area till late April (from Spring Break, whew!) and I too am curious if we will be able to swim in the ocean, and if it will be warm by then. My DH will be working in Ormond Beach. Is it far from Daytona, or are there any nice hotels on the beach there?

and was wondering where the best place to stay was...We are driving back and wanted to

stay at Daytona Beach for a couple of nights also...

Thanks,

Anny:)

it is right next to Daytona.It is a great place, but it does get the spring break/black college reunion overflow from Daytona so you might want to check your dates, it is really crazy beachside during those times. My father in law came down last year during spring break, we got him a nice oceanside room, but his 2 week trip was quickly cut in half, being down during spring break really ruined his trip, I had tried to talk him out of coming then but he didn't believe how bad it would be. Also my brother in law and family came the day after bcr, and their hotel was just trashed because housekeeping needed more than a few days to recoup from the mess that had been left.
The coral sands motel in Ormond is a little more north and a little more quiet, I think the rates are reasonable I have a friend that stays there alot. If you want something quieter in Ormond, stay north of SR 40 on oceanshore boulevard. There are some spectacular oceanside homes down that way, too, among them Ron Rices (hawaiin tropic) and the Root (coke bottle) families. Good luck!:D

Hi: Thanks for the info, I am not sure when your spring break ends. How is it the first week of may, is spring break over then? Is ormond beach area pretty safe to be driving around at night with canadian license plates on our car?

Deb.

ez- I found a Coral Beach Motel in Ormond Beach. Could that be the hotel your talking about??

Hi I have stayed at that hotel six years ago at the recommendation of our local grocery clerk.

We enjoyed it there, right on the beach, nice bright clean rooms looking at the ocean, I believe we had a small microwave and a small refrigerator for around $50.00 (that ws 6 years ago)continental breakfast which was donuts and muffins and coffee, oh plus a nice balcony. I think they also have efficiencies with a full kitchen.

One day we were heading out the back of the hotel, down the steps to the beach and a couple was coming up the steps and said that they were from a hotel just down the beach and it was filthy they were supposed to stay there a week, and wanted to know how ours was, and if there were any rooms left, so I told her that we were moving onto wdw that day.

Hope that helps.

Deb.

Hi, I've been going to Daytona Beach for 35 years!!! We have always stayed at Perrys Ocean edge on South Atlantic Ave. in Daytona Beach shores. The hotel is beautiful and has 3 pools. (2 outdoor and 1 enclosed garden area pool). It also has shovelboard courts and a putting green. There are kids programs and they have freshly made donuts, coffee and juice for free every morning. We love this place! we always go in April and have always enjoyed swimming in the ocean. The water temperatures are about 67-70 degrees. Check it out at www.perrysoceanedge.com Also, if you go to Daytona try Parks restaurant or Aunt Catfish. They are both great restaurants. Have fun.

May should be a good time to go. here is a web address for the coral sands: www.coralsandsinn.com. Hey,singitalto, I grew up in Lindenhurst, I dated a guy from Deer Park, his name was Mitchell and he was a wrestler, ya know him?(ha ha)Have fun you guys!

Those hotels look nice and roomy for a family vacation, but for this trip we need one of the national chain hotels with a contracted government rate. I saw the Adams Mark is there. How is it and are there any others in that area that you mentioned is quieter and less commercial?

Thanks for this topic. Very useful information. My wife and I will also be spending a night in Daytona Beach, but in August. Is North Atlantic Avenues better than South Atlantic? Are there lots of shops in the area? Good restaurants? How is the Adams Mark? Thanks to everyone!

ez- I think I know Mitchel!!!(Well I knew a guy named Mitchell B. back in school who wrestled-about 25 years ago!!!LOL)

I'd also like to hear about North and South Atlantic Ave too. I'm under the impression that the further north and the further south you go the nicer and quieter it is. I looked at the 2 hotels posted aboveCoral Sands Inn(about $100 night)and Perrys Ocean edge(about $100 too), they look GREAT, but- they might be out of my price range.

Right now I have ressies at Country Inn and Suites Calyso Cay(Orlando area) for $39.50 - I guess I'm either cheap or spoiled!!LOL. If it come down to it- we could just stop at Daytona in the morning and let the kids swim.
They might not have what I want - a nice, clean, waterfront room, with a balcony for under $75 a night. I just don't know the area at all and all the hotels look good in the pictures, I do want it to be safe and clean!! We will only be there from like 8 at night till noon.

Feed back, I need feedback!!!!!!!!(Thanks)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter