Does anyone hold their arms up on SM?

Peanut Giggleface

Embarrassing my children... just another service I
So I'm terrified of the idea of raising my arms on Space Mountain. I have visions of my arms hitting the scaffolding overhead and losing a limb. I was just talking to my husband about this and he laughed saying they couldn't have a ride so dangerous. So I'm curious....has anyone here ever held your arms up during the ride? Do you still have both limbs?

Well.... I hold mine up to about as high as my head, no higher. However, you have to figure that Disney knows people will hold their arms all the way up and accounts for that... right?

- Dreams

LOL. I don't like to put my arms up on any rides, because i'm holding on to the bar for dear life.:lmao:

BUT. When I saw Space Mountain with the lights on I thought the exact same thing! If you were really tall (and somehow managed to squeeze on the ride) I'm sure youre hands would go bye bye!!! Obviously they dont, but the track above you just seems so dang close. :eek:

Almost every time :thumbsup2
Although I've had the same thought as you, I sort of made myself do it because your husband is right of course ;)

I don't for the same reason, it just seems like you're going to hit something even though I'm sure it's safe enough that you wouldn't. My brother always ducks down too because he's scared he's gonna hit his head, haha.

So I'm terrified of the idea of raising my arms on Space Mountain. I have visions of my arms hitting the scaffolding overhead and losing a limb. I was just talking to my husband about this and he laughed saying they couldn't have a ride so dangerous. So I'm curious....has anyone here ever held your arms up during the ride? Do you still have both limbs?
You know what I have always had the same fear. I'm sure it's safe, but have never done it either :laughing:

Hmmm that would sort of interfere with my being rolled up in a ball holding my stomach. LMAO Pretty sure my son and hubby do though.

Been doing it for years and all limbs are fully intact! I get it though. It's like when I duck driving through a parking garage. Makes no sense cause you know it's safe but the dang ceiling seems so close!

:laughing:Yes, I had that fear too, the first time I rode SM but once I realized others were holding their hands up and still had their limbs I decided to try it. I am happy to confirm that I still have both my arms and still raise them to high heaven everytime I ride SM!:laughing:

I do! I get nervous about holding them too high on the Matterhorn though...

I don't on any rides. But..... sometimes I will hold someone's arms down, when I cannot take the odoriferous stink that is emanating from under said arms.... :faint:
I have actually been congratulated by others, for doing this. Not so much however, by the rather putrid perpetrator.

I used to, but I swear the one of my fingers grazed something once. The friend I was riding with also thought something whisked past her hand. Maybe somebody dropped something, or it was just our imaginations. Or we might have touched each other :rotfl:. Anyway, I don't put my hands up anymore!!

I knew when we went on SM in March that I was definitely a "mother" because I spent the entire ride praying that my children didn't lose a hand or go flying out of the seat! Prior to that I happily raised my arms and screamed with the best of them! :scared1:

I use to but I rode the ride once with some idiot who kept taking flash photos and the flash illuminated the track enough for me to see how close my hands were to the track above me :eek::scared1: My hands have been down ever since.

No way! I also duck and get a kink in my neck because I'm afraid I'm going to whack my forehead on something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter