Does anyone have this recipe?

DISNEY*lover

DIS Veteran
My husband and I went to Raglan Road in Downtown Disney. We had the irish soda bread with the guiness dipping sauce. We loved the sauce, and I was wondering if anyone had the recipe. It is to my understanding that it had olive oil, guiness, and some sugar.

I found this recipe on www.allearsnet.com:

Ingredients:
½ cups Guinness
¾ pound Whole meal flour (whole wheat)
4 pounds All Purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Baking soda
4 cups Oats, rolled
4 ounces Molasses
2 quarts Buttermilk

Method of Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350. Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and add in the buttermilk in three batches as you mix and fold by hand lightly; the mixture should be quite sticky. Portion in to greased or buttered muffin pans. Bake in the oven until golden brown and it makes a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom. Enjoy with Kerry gold butter or Guinness reduction and Olive oil.

Guinness Reduction
1 pint Guinness
1 pint Sugar

Combine the Guinness and sugar in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until reduced by half (approx 1 hour). Remove from the heat and allow to cool at room temperature. Do not leave the pot unattended while it is coming to a boil as it may boil over.

Here is the link: http://allears.net/din/rec_gbrbr.htm

Thanks all. I've been going crazy doing all sorts of searches for this recipe. I can't wait to try it.

We got some fresh baked soda bread at a local orchard and am dying to dig in. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter