• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone have more information about this WDW water taxi?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.

If I recall, it looks like the old AK Discovery River Boats but updated.

I think this is at the GFR.

I wonder if they converted to wheelchair accessible towards the aft area?

Last edited:
Sadly, I have absolutely no idea Ray. I just wanted to stop by and say HI!!!! Hope all is well with you.

Yes, those are the repurposed Discovery River boats.

Unfortunately I don’t know the answer about if they are HA.

I think it was @joelkfla who had some good info about these boats/their history in a post awhile back, I’m assuming they may know?

Last edited:

If I recall, it looks like the old AK Discovery River Boats but updated.

I think this is at the GFR.

I wonder if they converted to wheelchair accessible towards the aft area?

View attachment 528583

View attachment 528586

View attachment 528591

View attachment 528593
I think you may correct about them being repurposed. There was a recent thread about some of the AK boats being repurposed and used in special circumstances.

Sorry, don't know whether they are accessible.

Thank you Joe. I found an old photo.

In this photo on the left, it looks like a door entrance at the rear of the boat, but I don't about the flat surface with the blue handrails. It would be cool if it was ADA accesssible.

It's also nice it is more open than the other enclosed taxi boats.

A while back I recall someone saw one at WLR.

Thank you Joe. I found an old photo.

View attachment 528682

View attachment 528683

View attachment 528684

In this photo on the left, it looks like a door entrance at the rear of the boat, but I don't about the flat surface with the blue handrails. It would be cool if it was ADA accesssible.

It's also nice it is more open than the other enclosed taxi boats.

A while back I recall someone saw one at WLR.
The boats themselves appear to be accessible. The WDW web site says the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Cruise, which left from the CR and used one of these boats, was accessible via a ramp. But I don't know whether they are accessible at the GF & MK docks.

The boats themselves appear to be accessible. The WDW web site says the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Cruise, which left from the CR and used one of these boats, was accessible via a ramp. But I don't know whether they are accessible at the GF & MK docks.

Thank you, Joe. I didn't know that.

I never could ride those cute, small water taxis from MK to GFR or PR.

I check it out in December.

I love riding all the water taxis

1604032119022-png.535412

Attachments

• 1604032119022.png
    1604032119022.png
    693.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Looks like they have only 2 seats per alternate row not marked "unavailable". So did parties larger than 2 have to break up into socially distant couples, or did Disney allow an exception and locate other parties to avoid them?

Just curious.

Or were you never on a boat that carried more than just the 2 of you? :)

Looks like they have only 2 seats per alternate row not marked "unavailable". So did parties larger than 2 have to break up into socially distant couples, or did Disney allow an exception and locate other parties to avoid them?

Just curious.

Or were you never on a boat that carried more than just the 2 of you? :)

Hi, Joe. This is a photo from another couple that was staying at WL and posted on a "just back from WDW" post. They didn't say and didn't notice if it was accessible. I'll find out in December.

I wondered the same thing similar to the Friendship boats that were supposed to be running in EPCOT. I'm curious if they will look similar to the Friendship boats opening in November on Cresent Lake?
1604032119022-png.535412

Those boats from the AK are slower than molasses. Usually saw them on Bay Lake during busy times.

Are these the only boats they are using now? Loved the wooden African Queen-like boats where you sat in the middle, facing outwards., are those still in use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter