• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone have geico ins?

bamamom

DIS Veteran
I'm shopping for new auto ins. We now have 2 teen drivers and our current ins seems really expensive... So I started shopping around ... geico has the best price so far and was wondering if any if you have / had it ? Thanks for all in put!!

DH had GEICO since before we were married 24 years ago. I do not recall how long he had it before we were married.

We have filed for 2 claims. One was an at-fault accident ( DH. Not me), the other claim was for hail damage. No issue with the claims or that process.

Geico offers additional discounting if you are over 50 and take a safety class.

My only two issues with them-they would not discount DD's cost for insurance when she was at college 250 miles away. The other issue was when DD brought a car to campus (in a different state) we had to get her a different policy due to the car mostly being used in a different state.

Oh-just remembered-we get mechanical breakdown insurance on our new cars-and one of my cars had a lot of issues, again, they were great about paying for the needed repairs.

If you teens have good grades, be sure to inquire about good student discounts.

We have never had issues with them.

I've had them for years. A teacher at my dd's school rear ended me as we were waiting to turn into school. Poor guy had spilled hot coffee into his lap. He also had Geico. No issue with paying at all. Got my bumper fixed with no issues. Also, added my dd as a new driver and got her a new car. I won't say my insurance is cheap ($3600 now with new car and driver), but it was way less than other places. And yes to the good student discount. It saves me several hundred a year. I'm moving from a very bad/high rate place in Florida in the next week or so. Can't wait to see how my rate goes down. Also, curious as to what happens as my dd goes off to college next month, same state. Anyway, I have no complaints at all about them.

We just switched from AAA to Geico in March. With just the 2 of us AAA offered a better price but once we had to add ds17 on as a household driver then Geico was way better than AAA, IIRC around $800/year cheaper for the same coverage.
We haven't had any claims but their customer service so far was great. I did ask about having ds17 take a defensive driving course to help lower our rate and the agent suggested that since dh & I are the primary drivers (still have just 2 cars) that the highest savings would be if we took the course. It's only around $20 to take it online through Geico's website. So far I'm the only one who took it and the savings wasn't huge but at least it was more than the cost of the course and the savings applies for 3 years.

I have Geico. I love it. I made one claim, an uninsured motorist hit one of my corvettes while it was parked at work. No issues with the claim.

My insurance is really cheap through Geico. I am 27, have had more than 20 tickets, a couple very bad speeding tickets, I insure a couple range rovers, a couple corvettes, and just one motorcycle currently, and my insurance is still very, very reasonable. I feel so anyways. They are by far the cheapest for motorcycles, especially my Ducati.

I love that you can call 24/7 and someone that speaks English is always there. Their app is pretty decent.

I've only had two issues. #1 Theyre always trying to add rental car reimbursement and road side assistance in my policy when I do not ask for it and I usually have to ask multiple times that they don't put it on my policy, and then I will have to check my policy on the internet to make sure. They have added it before when I haven't wanted it.

#2. This probably won't affect most people, but they won't insure exotic cars. They won't insure an Aston Martin and I would assume other exotics as well. I guess I can understand why but it's annoying. I'd like all my insurance under one roof.

I've been with them since I was like 20 or 21 maybe, when I got my first vette. I won't be going anywhere else anytime soon

I've had Geico for more than 20 years. Occasionally I'll try to shop around but their prices can't be beat for me. For my college aged son they do give a discount for good grades and they gave me a reduced rate for when he was away at school. Have filed one claim with them (husband was rear ended), and they were great.:thumbsup2

We've had them about 6-7 year's. Never filed a claim. Their rates beat all others for us. Customer service is great.

My daughter and son in law are having a problem with them right now. They hit a deer last week. The adjuster said they will be totaling the vehicle. The offer they are making them is quite a bit lower than it's value in Kelly Blue book or the other references they looked up online. The condition of the vehicle was good so it's not that it was in bad shape already or anything to lessen its value. They are arguing it with the adjuster but he doesn't seem to keen on working anything out with them.
DH and I have always had state farm and dd and sil had them as well but switched to geico because the premiums were cheaper with geico. DH and I had to file our first claim a couple months ago with state farm and our vehicle was totaled as well. State farm paid us a very fair rate. I told my sil yesterday I think we see the difference in the two insurance agencies now. I think he is agreeing we me at this point.

I got hit by a GEICO insured driver a few years ago. Their claims service was fast, but I did have to argue with their adjuster a bit. My car then was a 4 week old Cadillac SRX and the front bumper cover was torn up. He wanted to repair it, I wanted a new bumper cover. I got the new cover.

Geico for 20+ years and never had a problem. They have wrestled the other driver's insurance company on my behalf. It's always been a positive experience.

I worked for them for several years and have also been a customer for about 15 years. I could get cheaper insurance but have way too many years in the industry, way too many poor experiences with some of the cheaper guys, and have heard way too many horror stories to stray too far.

For the poster having trouble with the total loss, make sure they're (your family) looking at the kbb private party value. It's not an absolutely reliable source, but the closest value to a total loss market evaluation is usually the private party value. Also, research comparable vehicles within a reasonable distance, try to keep the mileage, features, and condition close to what they have. You can use reputable sites like autotrader. Try to stay away from some of the less reputable ones like craigslist. Give your research to the adjuster and ask them to re-evaluate with their manager. When those reports are done, they look at market comparables to do their research, so you have to research further and be able to show why the value should be different. Good luck and I hope everyone is okay after the accident!

We've had GEICO for probably close to 20 years.
We've had 5 or 6 claims with them over the years and never had a problem.

The offer they are making them is quite a bit lower than it's value in Kelly Blue book or the other references they looked up online. The condition of the vehicle was good so it's not that it was in bad shape already or anything to lessen its value. They are arguing it with the adjuster but he doesn't seem to keen on working anything out with them.

Most states let insurance adjusters use a number which equates to what you could purchase your make and model car used. Sites like carsdirect.com and edmunds.com will give you an idea as to what your car would sell for, used. Your adjuster is probably using a "book" which lists values based on what your car is selling for at auto auctions.

Most book values don't reflect a number you could get if you sold your car.

Sometimes you have an "in demand" car which is worth what Kelly says.

We are looking to change our home and auto insurance company. Our auto quote with Geico is very good, homeowners insurance about twice what we have been quoted. Not sure what we are going to do at this point.

I've been with GEICO for 25 years and have never had a problem with a claim. Right now we are dealing with a possible fraud issue that involved a small scrape that DD put on the side of a Ford F-350 with her Honda Civic when she was merging. DD was at fault. Her driver's-side rear view mirror was ripped off, as well which absorbed most of the impact and scraped the truck. The driver said he had injuries from that now (it was his work truck so workmen's comp is also at play) and is trying to get more money from the claim. DD was unharmed physically and said she hardly felt a thing aside from the mirror being torn off. Since she was on the side of impact in small Civic, how could the driver of the huge F-350 be injured? I wasn't there and can't say for sure, but GEICO is still working on it. I think they smell a con. They've been great about updating us on the progress of the case.

A year ago I added homeowner's insurance because the other company we had our home policy with had prices jump through the roof even though we've never filed a claim in the 15 years we've been in the house. Switching the homeowners policy over to GEICO saved us $600 the first year. However, after the first year, the price went up $120 a year. It's still a lot cheaper than our other policy, but I'm a bit skeptical on that price increase and will have to monitor that at the next renewal. The homeowner's policy is actually with a GEICO affiliate, but there's a good discount for having both home and auto. Overall, I don't think GEICO is the cheapest for auto insurance because I've price shopped and did get lower rate quotes, but I'm hesitant to switch since we have an accident forgiveness on our policy for DH and I due to being with them for so long.

I have had Geico for more years than I can remember. Luckily, I've never had to file a claim so I have no idea about their customer service on that aspect. I was shocked though when we recently purchased a new third car and added it to our policy and our bill doubled. Not sure how that happened since we only have 2 drivers and full coverage on the other 2 vehicles.

Yes. Customer for a few years here. I don't really go out of my way to praise things like car insurance companies, bc generally they exist and you hope never to need them.

But I was in my worse accident ever last year--car totaled, hit from behind by a driver who never stopped--anything before that was a simple tap or minor incidents.

The agent assigned to my case was fantastic. She walked me through every last detail and followed up all the way through to make sure items they did bit cover ( damage to personal property beyond their max) was being handled by the other company.

The adjuster was also great. They had to cut my battery cable at the scene, making my digital odometer dead. So there was no way to tell mileage. They assumed the mileage in the report based on the cars age, but it was real high for what I remembered.

I was able to submit a mechanic bill with the mileage noted from a recent service and they adjusted to payout by a huge amount without any push back.

The few times I've needed to use their towing, it has also been fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter