Does anyone have Duckfree ( Ductless) heat and air system?

I am considering converting from our broken central Heat/Air to Duckfree heat/air systems. Then I would pretty much have an individual unit for each room. Does anyone have this? Is it less expensive to heat/cool since its all electric? Does it make any noise like window units?
I don't have one but my company has installed many of them.

We're looking at a system from Mitsubishi Electric and it looks like the best option for our house, mainly because we're in a century-and-a-half old home without ductwork and opening up the walls/ceilings to add ducts isn't an option. From the reviews I've read it seems like they are much quieter than a window unit, but still have a low fan noise. The efficiency ratings are pretty good too, though that hasn't been my primary concern - the zoned heating/cooling is the primary attraction for me.
That is the only brand I would recommend.

As far as I know, I have no ducks in my heat/air system. At least I haven't heard any quacking. And I'm sure my cats would have alerted us if there was something fowl in our system. :-)

:rotfl2:

As soon as I read the thread title, I figured it wouldn't be long before someone made such a reply. :thumbsup2

I heartily recommend this product. It doesn't specify that it repels the common anas platyrhynchos, but it's kept my duct work remarkably free of those pesky armadillos and porcupines.

repels all 2.jpg

We used to live in a three-story town house in NH. We could only have three through-the-wall units, leaving much of the space HOT!

We installed one of the Mitsubishi systems. The system had four units -- one in the living/dining/kitchen area, one in each of two bedrooms on the second floor, and one on the open third floor.

I can't say enough positive about that system. The compressor was exremely quiet. Each unit was remotely controlled. efficient, and made living there so much more enjoyable.

When we sold that townhouse two years ago the air conditioner was a major selling point!

We used to live in a three-story town house in NH. We could only have three through-the-wall units, leaving much of the space HOT!

We installed one of the Mitsubishi systems. The system had four units -- one in the living/dining/kitchen area, one in each of two bedrooms on the second floor, and one on the open third floor.

I can't say enough positive about that system. The compressor was exremely quiet. Each unit was remotely controlled. efficient, and made living there so much more enjoyable.

When we sold that townhouse two years ago the air conditioner was a major selling point!
Was this a heat and air unit? We have central heat/air but the air cooling is out. Wondering if I got one that is heat and air if the electric heat would be much more expensive than the gas unit we have. I figure we could leave our heat installed for backup or primary heat source. Are these Ductless systems equivalent to central heat and air but just single room systems?

Hi Tigger 1,
Also living in New England. We have a forced hot air baseboard heating in our Colonial with vaulted ceiling in the master bedroom and a 2 story foyer when you come in the front door-all told about 2000 sq ft. We were using a total of 4 window air conditioners for cooling and DH was just sick of putting them in/removing them every fall and storing them. Got 3 estimates from $9k-18k. One company wanted to put the outside compressor on the driveway side of the house instead of facing the wooded side but then everyone would see it as well as the outside lines they place on the house. 2 highest estimates wanted to put a concrete pad down on the ground and put compressor on that. When I asked about small animals making nests, I was told to hose it out periodically.
Finally went with the lowball offer from a small family run business. They suggested mounting it on the side of the house facing the woods and no one can see or hear the compressor unless they walk to that side of the house. It is barely visible when looking at the front of the house head-on. We have 3 units in the house- one in the master, another in the hottest bedroom with south and west exposure and the third is on main floor in the dining room. All are individually controlled and whisper quiet. The coolness in very even throughout the house but we keep our bedroom doors ajar when we sleep.
We use the heat setting until the temperature outside is below 20 degrees. Last winter was brutal and I finally used the oil burner for heat in November but the year before, it was Dec. before I used oil. With that said, we have saved the past 3 years on our oil bill but our electric bill is higher- but not incredibly so. Family members with allergies breathe better in the summer and I have no mosquitoes sneaking in through the old window air conditioners. Hubby is happy as his most dreaded chore is no more. The other thing I don't miss is the noisy rumble from the window units.- someone could've broken in to the house and we couldn't hear it but now, it's so quiet when the ductless mini splits are running.
We too have Mitsubishi. Fujitsu was also recommended. Most Asian and European countries have been using these units for many years. Let me know if you have any questions. Also check for energy rebate- there was a $2000 one that we just missed out on.

Thank you for the replies everyone. I think we will start wth one and go from there. By the way, we have been using window units since the air went out, hate the noise and worry it makes allergies worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter