Does anyone have an oil-less fryer? Thoughts on them?

rnorwo1

DIS Veteran
I have been looking at the oil-less, electric fryers... I would love a new way to cook meats easily besides the crock pot. Our friends and family always fry their turkeys and such and, while I love the taste, I'm not going to do that at home for health reasons, so this seems like a great compromise.

So if you have one or have used one, what are your thoughts about them? It's kind of pricey, looks like around $100 for most of them, so I want to make sure I can really get good use out of it and it's not another expensive object cluttering my house. Some of the reviews on Amazon said they cooked unevenly, what has your experience been? I also want to be able to do many meats, not just turkeys, so how easy is it to do other types of meats? Do you have to have different attachments or can you cook anything that can sit in the basket? What kind do you have and what do you like/not like about it? How is the clean up? Any other info you have will be great... thanks!!

My dad has ALWAYS been the "official turkey fryer" for all holidays. He purchased one of these before Christmas '10. He was scared that the turkey wouldn't be as good as his previous ones, so he fried one in the old fryer & did one in this new oiless fryer. EVERYONE actually liked the new way BETTER!!!! :yay: So he's chunking the old one. (That oil costs a fortune, too!)

I'm courious as well. Just picked on up at Target today. It was an internet return and marked down to 11.06. Couldn't beat the price so figured I would try it.

My dad has ALWAYS been the "official turkey fryer" for all holidays. He purchased one of these before Christmas '10. He was scared that the turkey wouldn't be as good as his previous ones, so he fried one in the old fryer & did one in this new oiless fryer. EVERYONE actually liked the new way BETTER!!!! :yay: So he's chunking the old one. (That oil costs a fortune, too!)

That's good to hear... Do you know what kind it is? Has he ever cooked anything else in it?

We like ours. I like it because it is much healthier than the fried turkeys. However, there is something about that crisp crunchy turkey skin that just can't be beat. My husband likes it becase it seemed to be very windy many times when it was time to cook the turkey and it is not an issues with the oiless cooker. Clean up is easy and everyone enjoyed the food. We have also made chickens it it, which were also very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter