Does anyone have a MNSSHP report??

Originally posted by megrod74
Madge - did you think it was hot?;)
actually I don't remember thinking that and I was wearing capris, course we live in TX. Also, the fact that we got soaked on Splash Mtn could have something to do with it. We actually got soaked from the sprays at the beginning of the ride!

compared to what it had been the week before--yes, we thought it was VERY warm, LOL....it cooled off quite a bit after the sun went down, but by the time I got my 3 kids in the park, had our picture taken and dealt with the crowds in tomorrowland (from 6-7) I thought I was going to pass out!

the bugs were worse than the heat, though....

It was not hot at all for us, but we are from MS and it is very humid at home. We didn't notice any bugs either, but maybe we were just lucky.

yes, that was the warmest day of the week. People should definitely take care to choose their costumes wisely, as Halloween in FL is hotter than Halloween in most other parts of the country. Or bring a change of clothes. A lot of parents did this for the kids, which I thought was a good idea.

Anyone else have a MNSSHP report?

Did any of you do Liberty Tree for dinner before the party started?

How was it and who were the characters there?

Thanks for all the great reports. I cut and pasted the responses so I can read them tomorrow on the airplane !!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

We'll be there on 10/10. It is our first MNSSHP and I'm really excited and I think DH is too!! No little kid, just us big kids.

We went Sunday night. We arrived about 5 pm and headed to Liberty Tree Tavern. As others mentioned, if you weren't headed to dinner, they shooed you to Tomorrowland. At Liberty Tree Tavern, we saw Minnie, Chip, Dale and Pluto. Nothing too exciting, but the food was decent. My 7 yr. old DS thought dinner was fun. Lines for characters and candy were crazy, but we walked on every ride. Barnstormer had the longest wait. We walked to Main Street about 9:40 and were able to get a spot on the curb for the parade.

We bought our pin at the Emporium. We asked for it at the register. They limit the amount you can buy. I know they had it by the haunted mansion too.

As far as bugs, I got eaten alive all weekend. We were at WDW in August and weren't bothered by bugs at all. This trip I came home with welts on my legs!

We had a great time and would do it again!

pixiechick-
can you please tell me where the Emporium is located and how many different pins were available for purchase? Wouold bug spray help at night there? Or Skin So Soft?

Thanks for these reports...I'm getting soooooo excited.We leave in 5 days!!! :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

I am THRILLED to hear y'all got in at 5pm with MNSSHP tickets only....that's what time we're going to try for next week.I'm also THRILLED to hear they opened CoP...what a TREAT to see that old favorite again! :)

karebear1...the Emporuim is the HUGE store on Main Street.If you're coming into the park it's on your left.

pixiechick and madge...thanks for the heads up on the bugs...I'll be sure to pack the Off this trip.

Here's a list of what is open during MNSSHP:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
Country Bears
Shootin Arcade
Splash Mt
Haunted Mansion
Riverboat
Mickey's Philarmagic
Carrousel
Dumbo
Small World
Mad Tea Party
Peter Pan
Snow White
Pooh ride
Astro Oribitor
Tomorrowland Speedway
Space Mt
Tomorrowland arcade
Buzz Lightyear
Goofy's Barn Stormer
***hopefully Carrousel of Progress!:)

Plus numerous eating and shopping places.

Thanks again everyone....if there are more reports...C'mon and POST THEM!!!!:teeth:

One pin was available for the event, but the CM told us the pin from Oct. 3 party could still be purchased in the Exposition Hall. By the time we got back around to the Exposition Hall (around 11:45 pm) all they were selling was the framed set of MNSSHP pins. We purchased our pin at the Emporium when we arrived (around 7:00 pm) and there was no waiting. The CM's had them behind the counter.

We decided to skip the parade at 8 pm and hit the rides. Walked right on to just about everything with little or no wait. (Indy Speedway was the only one that was a bit of a wait-about 10 minutes).

Fireworks were great! We watched them from right behind Cindy's Castle. They were at 9:15 pm. Ten minutes prior to the show, there was no one waiting to get a picture in front of Cinderella's carriage.

We got our picture taken in Adventureland around 11:30 pm and there was no wait there either.

I grabed a MNSSHP program and here are some tips that are posted on the back:

The second parade is less crowded...and gives you more time to collect treats.

The best Trick-or-Treating is in Toontown.

Complimentary photos available in Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Liberty Square, and Adventureland.

Special Halloween Fireworks can be viewed from anywhere within the Magic Kingdom.

Exclusive MNSSHP Merchandise is available in select merchandise locations throughout the park. (We saw shirts and other stuff available in the shop right when you come off of Splash Mountain.)

We had a great time and are looking forward to doing it again next year.:wave2:

Did any adults attending have any problems with getting into the park? Was the adult's costume as good as a CMs? Did anyone get questioned about this?

Thanks for all the reports and tips! We will be attending our first ever MNSSHP on October 19th. All this info helps me understand what to expect and how to plan a little better!

Thanks!:D

Hello all,

I have a question. My wife and I (26 & 27) will be at MNSSHP on the 16th and we are planning to wear costumes.

We'd like to do a "couple" costume, ie. Mickey & Minnie, male & female pirates, etc.

I really want to go in something Disney, but we may not be able to, we may end up going as a 50's couple (Grease).

So, will we be out of place if we don't go in a Disney costume? When you have gone, were there others in non-Disney costumes?

Thanks,

RW

dizneefreak29, We'll be at our 1st MNSSHP on the 19th, too. If you see a group of five Wizard-of-Oz characters, please say Hi!!

We'll be easy to spot. Our "Dorothy" is carrying a lizard in her basket instead of Toto. You know, the "Lizard of Oz" . . . . . . .:teeth:

Thanks for all the info, we are going on the 26th and will be our first mnsshp. I am getting so excited about it just reading some of your tips and reviews.

poohangel

You will not be out of place in non-disney costumes, as I did see many people dressed non-Disney, but most were in some sort of Disney theme.

We were dressed as original Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeers and it was so fun. Lots of attention from CM's and guests calling us by name and we ran into another family of Mouseketeers several times. This is an easy costume to do too!

Have fun,
Kim

Going on the 14th & 16th. Can't wait. Got PS for Cindie's Castle on the 16yh!!!

Please keep the reports coming in, they are so much fun to read!

What was the best part about MNSSHP???

pirate:

I'm going Oct 14, can't wait!!!!

Originally posted by mmausse
Did any adults attending have any problems with getting into the park? Was the adult's costume as good as a CMs? Did anyone get questioned about this?

We went on Oct the 3rd and did not see any problems of adults in costumes getting into the park. My family went as the toy story theme:

Me- Woody
DW- Jessie
DS (12)- Green army man
DS (3) Buzz lightyear

It was great we even had three other families take pictures of us in costume.... so I guess we will be in their Disney scrapbook??

The fireworks are great!! dont miss!!!
The riverboat was a little to hot if you are in costume and down stairs, but had a great story teller on board.

Now cant wait for the Christmas party :bounce:

donna in Oz: I will look for you! I'm sure with cool costumes like that you will be hard to miss! It will be just my dad and I. I can't talk him into dressing! So I can't tell you what to look for! lol Hope to see you there!

dizneefreak29 and all DISers....wear a lime green ribbon somewhere on yourself, backpack,fannypack,purse,stroller,hat!That identifies that you are a member of the DIS! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter