• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone go bagless?

moonvine

Earning My Ears
I have been reading all these threads about bags, and I really don't like hauling a lot of stuff around. I was going to go with my camera and a neck/wallet badge holder for my cash, credit cards, tickets and whatever else I need (this is what I do on cruises, and it works really well). Is this a completely crazy idea?

I think that sounds very comfortable and that you will have an enjoyable time!! I can't separate from all of my "Stuff" to go bagless.... you are a brave soul :rotfl:

nope not crazy...i absolutely HATE dragging a bag around..I have a skinny wallet / key keeper i got from Universal Studios that i use...if i got in my own car i put my car key on the key ring if I use disney transport I dont.. but its really small and fits right in my pocket...as for camera most people will think I'm crazy but I usually dont bring one .. only if I am taking a little one or going with a large group of friends...i usually just go with my mom and her boyfriend so we dont take too many pics because quite frankly how many pics of someoone making a funny face do you need ? lol..

I do for a few days during our trips. I just bring my ticket, room key and about $50 or so. It is great! No security lines, nothing to secure when going on attractions. I do have my DH carry my lipgloss in his pocket though.

I started a thread on this a couple of weeks ago. One of my greatest joys is not carrying a bag into the parks. There are 4 of us (me, DW, DD9, DS6). The kids are just now old enough where we don't have to carry sacks of stuff into the parks. Camera, tix, etc fit right into the cargo shorts. If we have an extreme need DW will wear a fanny pack. For us it feels like we are gazelles touring among elephants.

With 2 kids for me that's next to impossible...one always needs a band aid or tissue or a clean outfit (if we are doing a ADR while at the park) :)

My last trip I used a lanyard. It worked great for holding the tickets and hotel key and some money. The first day the CM let me walk thru the gates without having to check it. The seciond time I had to go thru the baggage check after that I made sure i put in under my shirt. My DH and DS both wore zip-off cargo pants so any snacks my DD and DS wanted went into their pockets. It was nice not having to carry anything. Correct that we took in a water bottle that had a snap hook that we could latch to our pants. :wave:

last year we went bagless and I lost our digital camera in Epcot, thank god we got it back- cheers to the awesome CM's at this park!!!!!!! This year my husband bought a small bag to carry our wallets, camera, cellphone- little stuff.

Let me ask this: What are the absolute items that MUST be carried into and around the parks?

I'm thinking of things like your park ticket, your room key, your Fast Passes, etc. What, exactly, do these items consist of? How big are they? What material?

Any other items that are an absolute must for every person/group?

I agree w/ going bagless. I used a small canvas camera bag about the size of your palm. I got it at Wal-Mart for little of nothing, $6. It had a strap and I wore it around my neck and arm so it hung on my side out of the way. It was perfect. Camera, chapstick, resort key, credit card, cash, extra battery. PERFECT!!!

I always carry a skinny neck wallet for credit cards, etc. Don't put room keys right next to credit cards!!! They become inactive sometimes. My DH carries a very small digital camera. I always feel sorry for people carrying around tons of stuff. I can't enjoy myself that way!

lustergirl said:
last year we went bagless and I lost our digital camera in Epcot, thank god we got it back- cheers to the awesome CM's at this park!!!!!!! This year my husband bought a small bag to carry our wallets, camera, cellphone- little stuff.

My camera goes around my neck. Do I look like a dork? Probably. Do I care? No. :p

Our last 3 trips we had just our little folders with our room key and a credit card. Next trip not so lucky, DS will be 6 months old, sooo stroller, Diaper bag and stuff. Yahoo... however DH and I will take turns going through security with everything.

Max Rebo said:
Let me ask this: What are the absolute items that MUST be carried into and around the parks?

I'm thinking of things like your park ticket, your room key, your Fast Passes, etc. What, exactly, do these items consist of? How big are they? What material?

Any other items that are an absolute must for every person/group?

Our "must haves" include the things you mentioned (which are all credit card sized or smaller and could easily be carried in a lanyard--my dh carries all of ours in his, which doubles as his pin trading collection).

But with 2 kids, we also always need diapers and wipes, band-aids, advil, sunscreen, cell phones, sunglasses, a water bottle and an emergency snack. Oh yeah--and the stroller. We sometimes need the camera and the autograph book. And we occasionally need the GPS receiver and PDA. Thankfully, our next trip will be in August instead of December, so we won't need sweatshirts--I really hate hauling those around (but hate being cold even more!).

This trip I too will be going "bagless"! My kids are old enough to carry thier own $&@! :cloud9: LOL - Anyway I will keep my ticket and some $$ in my pocket (it zippers), DH will keep room key/ticket in his wallet. DS (16) will also have his in his wallet. DD (11) has lanyard with pocket to keep hers in. The kids also have the water bottle holders to wear across their shoulder. That's it - I'm bag free and proud of it! :yay:

Well, I never carry anything into the parks. DH has his wallet with our passes and money in his pocket and that's it.

Sometimes we take a camera, but if it's just the two of us, not often.

Even last November when we had my 8 year old neice the only other addition was an autograph book and pen which my DH put in his other back pocket.

When my own children were younger I went light too. We stayed at the Contemporary and always went back for an afternoon break. We were really only away from the room 4 to 5 hours at a time.

The first time we ever went, my youngest was two and I know we did have alot more stuff and I also remember that as being the worst time we went. Typical clueless Disney goers, in the lines and heat with miserable whiny kids and lots of stuff to drag around.

DH and I did this when it was just us...it was great...now we need to carry diapers, food, change of clothes, stroller, just to name a few things...it's worth it though...DS loves the parks! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter