• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

does anyone get trip anxiety?

I've been going to WDW since the dark ages. When there was only one park and you bought books of attraction tickets. And I've never been anxious or nervous in advance of our arrival. I actually enjoyed planning when and where we would stay. Where and when we would eat. Picking our park days and making touring plans. I was never worried. Didn't chew my nails wondering if the trip would turn into a nightmare. Until now. Now that we have decided to visit next spring. The unreliability of MDE and FP+ and now this new and apparently brainless testing of SB+ has me wondering if we can ever again have the relaxed and carefree experience that we have had in the past. If this trip bombs it will be our last.

I didn't plan any ADRs, she eats like a bird. Maybe I should have.

Remember to think about you, too. She might eat nothing, but do you eat? Of course, otherwise you wouldn't describe her eating habits. :) Going through the parks does take some energy, and you need to nourish yourself and replenish. So if there's a place YOU want to eat, don't be afraid to arrange that. Even if she just sits and has dessert or iced tea or nothing, don't forget about yourself. It's your trip too. From your other post it seems she wants you to take care of yourself, and nourishing your body with good food is part of that.

My blood pressure goes up every time I think about it and its potential if it spreads.:headache:

I can't even read the threads. I cannot figure out what disney is thinking.

I get anxious about the flight,we have to make a tight connection.My biggest fear is missing our connection and getting stranded in an airport for who knows how long.
I will be wound real tight by Saturday when we arrive at our departure airport.once we make the connection and get on the flight to Orlando I will be able to relax.

a flight opened up direct for $80 so I changed ours. I didn't want to deal with connecting flights.

this weekend I'm sitting down with the site that has all the menus and getting some ideas for CS and for some TS that might still be available

Trip anxiety?? I haven't been able to sleep past 3am in over a week. We leave on Sunday (driving just me and my girls), and I'm really hoping to be able to sleep more than a few hours at a time by then.
So yeah, your not the only one with trip anxiety ;)

We live pretty local (hour away) and I still get anxious the night before making sure I have everything we need and my plans mapped out. It drives my DH nuts and he's able to go without any worry, but I need to have a plan.

I go constantly and I always get anxiety. Part of it comes from the fact that I have bad anxiety to begin with though. I have been having the strangest anxiety dreams every this time around lol. I know that you'll have a great time and everything will go fine but I won't tell you to relax for the now - I completely understand just how hard it is to relax when the anxiety's ramping up for an upcoming thing! Just take a moment every day to remind yourself that it'll be flawed, it'll be hectic, but it'll be worth it and it will be wonderful.

Yup. Anxiety here too. Can't really relax until I am on the magical express. This past time in July I dealt with a bout of strep and a possible hurricane. Luckily everything went as planned and I am sure it will be for you too. Check out the menus to get an idea and post any questions on the restaurant board for more advice.

My only anxiety is leaving my cats at the cattery, they look so sad when I go and I have moments of worry throughout the trip that they are alright, but, it's a terrific place and they are always in lovely shape when I get back, if fact, Jack is hard to get into his box as he is so comfy there. Apart from that I tend not to get stressed.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets the weird dreams, mine are always that I'm on the last day of my trip and I've done nothing the whole time! Panic!!!

I have anxiety about two things in the weeks preceding my trip: illness and weather. About two months out from my trip (usually in late Fall), I start washing my hands excessively to the point of OCD. I lysol/wipe down my desk and the printer at work every day. I take additional vitamin C supplements. I get a flu shot. I chug orange Vitamin Water all day. I make my family do the same. IMO, there is nothing worse than being sick on vacation so I try to avoid it at all costs.

I also obsessively check accuweather.com about a month out, because it shows the month long forecast. I know very well that the forecast is NOT accurate and can (and does) change until the vary day before, but I compulsively check every few hours.

And ironically, Disney is the only trip we take that I do these two things for :goodvibes

I worry about one of my kids getting sick right before we leave :( I got sick for a day while we were there (I think from the plane) and I can't imagine my kids feeling lousy while there :(

I have anxiety about two things in the weeks preceding my trip: illness and weather. About two months out from my trip (usually in late Fall), I start washing my hands excessively to the point of OCD. I lysol/wipe down my desk and the printer at work every day. I take additional vitamin C supplements. I get a flu shot. I chug orange Vitamin Water all day. I make my family do the same. IMO, there is nothing worse than being sick on vacation so I try to avoid it at all costs.

I also obsessively check accuweather.com about a month out, because it shows the month long forecast. I know very well that the forecast is NOT accurate and can (and does) change until the vary day before, but I compulsively check every few hours.

And ironically, Disney is the only trip we take that I do these two things for :goodvibes

OMG this is so me especially the bolded part.

Not sure about anxiety, but I have some mild form of obsession because I have been looking at my (already made) plans on MDE since MAY like they're magically going to disappear or change somehow. Why do I do this?? The world may never know.

I'm sure that, closer to actual trip time (88 days!), I'll get more anxious with packing lists, buying last minute items, etc. This is our first trip, we're celebrating DS's 7th Birthday AND it's a surprise for him. There are a lot of expectations that come with a pretty pricey vacation. AND, I'm the only one who's planning. DH hasn't done a thing other than roll his eyes at any mention of Disney or planning. :rolleyes2

I agree with pp's. Try to just relax and have a great time! :)

I always have anxiety about the flight. Not that I'm afraid to fly (quite the opposite, in fact), I'm just afraid I'm going to sleep through my alarm (or forget to set it) and miss the plane. (I always take an early morning flight so I have to get up ridiculously early.)

I have this anxiety too and then I can't sleep. A friend of mine told me to set two alarms. Works like a charm! So simple.

I also get stressed about weather and illness! Over the years I've stressed less and less about the weather, since in all our trips we've had ONE disappointment due to weather. (June 9th of this year, Fantasmic! rained out at the Studios and we had the dining package.) Most other times, even in lousy weather we've had a great time.

But illness is rough. I was battling a bad reaction to antibiotics right before our big June trip and I was stressed that I wouldn't be able to enjoy any food! Turns out I was quite well by the time we got there, thank goodness.

I worry about illness. I'm a hospice nurse so people are inherently sick but they rarely have catch-able illnesses. Today two patients had colds! I'm holding their hands, trying to stay out of the line of fire for their coughs and then scrubbing my hands when I left.

I never have anxiety on other trips. We've taken inexpensive Bermuda cruises and I relax just fine. On our trips to the Adirondacks, I read a book a day. There's something about Disney, perhaps because it's just so plan-able that sucks you in. Plus, it costs so much, you want the biggest bang for your buck. And of course you want to make your kids dreams come true (gag, lol).

The only thing I WORRY ABOUT...is someone getting sick before our trip or while there. :sick: That is my only worry. :scared:

Life is not perfect. Your vacation will not be perfect--to expect such is to set yourself up for frustration, disappointment and tears. What your DD wants is TIME with you and your attention.

SLOW DOWN.

ENJOY the vacation.

Sit and each ice cream.

Play in the pool.

Laugh when she laughs.

Hug Often.

Life is about so much more than planning the *perfect* vacation.

I totally agree with this. Anytime you feel yourself striving toward a "perfect" vacation, you're setting yourself up for frustration. Make some plans, then slow down and enjoy the "little things", and go with the flow as much as you can.

I'm a planner by nature, too, but some of my favorite memories from my WDW vacations were the unplanned moments. A perfect example is Animal Kingdom. That's a park that's best enjoyed in a leisurely manner. I've seen people rush from headliner to headliner and totally miss out on the cool little things at AK. You'd be surprised how many people miss seeing things like DeVine (a performance artist/stilt-walker who purposely blends into her surroundings in the foliage at AK). If you're rushing around too much, you might miss out on cool stuff like this!

http://allears.net/tp/ak/ak_art1.htm

It's also really fun to stop and talk to the animal keepers at AK. They have a wealth of knowledge about the animals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter