• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone get a craving for DL?

danny46815

Earning My Ears
I know there is a Disneyland area on the site, but I thought it would be more interesting to post this here.

I absolutely love Disney World. I've been there three times, and each time has been fantastic. I've been to Disneyland once about 5 years ago and it was a great time as well, but I've always preferred WDW.

Recently I've been really wanting to go to DL even though I prefer WDW. I don't know why I'm thinking this. Has anyone else ever gotten a craving for DL, even though they prefer WDW?

Yes, but my excuse is that I have never been. When I was a teen my father took me "to" DL but we didnt get tickets so I got to see it from the outside. He thought taking me on a tour of the warships in San Diego was more interesting :confused3.

I was thinking of a spring 2011 trip, but now I am thinking of waiting till cars land is complete.

I know there is a Disneyland area on the site, but I thought it would be more interesting to post this here.

I absolutely love Disney World. I've been there three times, and each time has been fantastic. I've been to Disneyland once about 5 years ago and it was a great time as well, but I've always preferred WDW.

Recently I've been really wanting to go to DL even though I prefer WDW. I don't know why I'm thinking this. Has anyone else ever gotten a craving for DL, even though they prefer WDW?

Being a $60, 1+ hour flight from DL, I get a craving for it OFTEN. :)

I'm doing WDW for the 3rd time (1990 and 2004 were the previous trips and I didn't see much of the parks either time) in 10 days and just the PLANNING is completely OVERWHELMING. I'm looking forward to getting back to DL in November where I can see the best of both parks, EASILY, in one leisurely day! LOL!

We love DL/DCA and tend to have the idea to go there often....but that is because we are on the Left Coast and it is much easier to hop a flight down to So Cali for a long weekend than it is to plan an extensive trip to Florida.

Plus, the area surrounding DL has so much to do....we love to explore California. We don't have the same options when we are at WDW because things are so spread out.

I'm actually getting antsy about planning another DL trip myself! So, funny you should post this today :rotfl:

I have not been, but really want to go, have it planned for 2012. I love WDW, but I also sometimes want to go to DLP instead like next year.

We went for a few days this summer for the first time since 2007. We knew going into it that things had changed a lot because of their oversale of AP's. We tried hard to shedule days the AP's were blocked, but coudln't work it out. The parks were so crowded it really changed the experience for us (even though we had Give A Day fastpasses to use for FP's).

I'd say go again sometime. But be VERY careful about WHEN you go. I'm heading back to WDW in December and can't WAIT!!! :cool1:

We went for a few days this summer for the first time since 2007. We knew going into it that things had changed a lot because of their oversale of AP's. We tried hard to schedule days the AP's were blocked, but coudln't work it out. The parks were so crowded it really changed the experience for us (even though we had Give A Day fastpasses to use for FP's).

I'd say go again sometime. But be VERY careful about WHEN you go. I'm heading back to WDW in December and can't WAIT!!! :cool1:

Wait, how do you find out which days the APs are blocked? I had no idea this was a problem.

Wait, how do you find out which days the APs are blocked? I had no idea this was a problem.

There are several levels of passes. This is just one of the places you can find it:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/misc.php?pg=blackout

Also, visit the Disneyland forum here on the DIS before making your plans. There's a lot of info over there.

We enjoyed our trip, but it was really different from prior years. Indy still rocked though!!!! :cool1: And their Space Mountain......... man........ it's the BEST!! :woohoo:

We enjoyed our trip, but it was really different from prior years. Indy still rocked though!!!! :cool1: And their Space Mountain......... man........ it's the BEST!! :woohoo:

Oh, yes, I forgot about the rides!

Indiana Jones is so much better than Dinosaur....Space Mountain is light years (ha ha) better than the one in WDW...the Matterhorn is great fun...and the drops at the beginning of Pirates (plus, the ambience in general at the beginning) make it better than its WDW counterpart.

And at DCA - LOVE California Screamin' SO much more that RnR.........

:)

We totally get the DL craving. It is so nice to have EVERYTHING within walking distance. Plus, we can spend 3 or 4 days at DL and then spend the rest of the week at the beach or in San Diego, or elsewhere in the area. We get our Disney fix, but we broaden our horizons too! We love DL. When they said the Aladdin show was closing (they have since changed that at least for now), we forewent our summer vacation at WDW this year and went to DL instead so that DD could see the Aladdin show, which in my opinion is the best show I have ever seen at any Disney park!

Can't agree with California Screamin over RnR, but in addition to those above, in our opinion Fantasmic is much better at DL...love the Peter Pan part! Oooohhhh, and there's the Nemo subs, and the Monsters Inc. ride, and good old Mr. Toad, and the Potato Soup at Carnation Cafe, and Minnie's breakfast character meal.....uh oh, I feel a craving coming on!

If you haven't been to Disneyland, you need to go. It was during the summer crowds but I didn't find the heat as unbearable as the summer heat in Florida and the parks seemed less hectic. It was very busy, but I found the patience level of the guests better at Disneyland than Magic Kingdom. Don't ask me why. :confused3

Plus, Disneyland has so much character and it's where it all started. :thumbsup2

Disneyland is our "home" park I guess you could say. We trying to go every summer (next year is a big family get-together vacation!). For us, the splurge vacation will be this summer when we take our first trip to WDW. The biggest thing I notice is that WDW has an all-inclusive resort feel to it (which means pricey!), and DL is not. There are so many affordable choices when doing DL. At WDW - from what I gather from planning at least - they can hold to captive.

To be honest tho, I am very much looking forward to our 2012 DL vacation already. We get to stay at our fav and very comfortable hotel!

YES!!!!! We love DL and may go back next summer! It is so different and so similar! But the size is what we notice more. Zipping through the park is so much faster (when it's not crowded)! And the Matterhorn - my favourite! And Indiana Jones - DD and Dh's favourite!!! And CA is such a fun park too!!! So much Disney and so little time and money!!!:wizard:

Absolutely! I love WDW...

That said, I love DL so much more than the Magic Kingdom (I think... see below). DCA is below all of the WDW parks.

I leave for WDW on Sunday, and this will be my first trip back to the world after my DL trip in January. I'm interested to see what my thoughts are about the Magic Kingdom, but I'm guessing that I'll miss the quaintness and greater concentration of rides at DL.

We went to DL for the first time in May 09. We definitely got the craving to go again and are booked for May. The weather was beautiful and lines were nearly non-existent for many rides. Don't know if we lucked out or if that is just normal. Everything just seemed to be much calmer and laid back - plus some of the rides are just better in DL. I'm sure we'll schedule yet another trip for after Carsland opens.

I am exactly like you--I have been to WDW three times and DL once.

Just today the kids and I were looking at pictures of Disneyland and talking about going there. We are hoping to go for Christmas 2012 if everything works out just right. (There's talks of a new baby in our family and I won't take a baby under 7 or so months old on a vacation like that because MY babies don't sleep through the night before that age!!!).

I'm a WDW woman, but will visit DLR for the first time in just a few weeks! I can't wait to experience the differences as well as the similarities...

We live a few hours north of DLR. In the past 15 years, I've been to WDW +/- 20 times and DLR 2. The only reason we went to DLR earlier this year was because we were eating at Club 33.

To me, DLR is a day trip, not a vacation destination. I guess I'm just too much of a WDW fan.

Yes, for varying reasons. Mostly because that would mean we were in SoCal again. We lived in SoCal for 1 short year and fell totally in love. Having DL in our backyard (well, 20mi away) was just the icing on the cake. At first we were afraid that we would get burnt on Disney by being so close and having resident AP's...quite the contrary! it only fueled our Disney passion even more.

Oh, and having Indy Jones attraction at DL doesn't hurt either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter