Does anyone else...

mickeysbestfriend

DIS Veteran
save all of their room cards from their trips to the World?

I have close to two hundred dating back to the days when they first went to the plastic cards. When I lived in Florida I was there every other week so I collected quite a few. It is interesting to look back and see just how many nights I spend at Disney World!!

Yea we do. Don't know exactly why...we have the old paper white and brown ones from the early 70s up to the thin plastic ones that you had to peal off the printer paper to the current credit card style. I guess in the next year or so we may be getting a new RFID style that may even be a bracelet or some type of wearable item. We also save the bills...i have one from Fort Wilderness for $8.50 a night...now a days basic sites cost almost as much as the values do...

Nope, not anymore!

I use to save my DVC owners yearly manual/points book, now I just keep the current one! "Hoarder's" has cured me of all this!

I wish I had saved my bills from when we first started going. We got some terrific AP rates in the early 90's for Beach Club. I mean unbelievable; one stay was $93.00 a night. wowsers

What I did save were our AP's back when your picture was on them. They are a hoot to look at.

:ssst: I feel like a pack rat with all the things we collect from our trips. But I save them and put some of them into memory books. Others things just go into a box and we look at them from time to time in between trips.

yes I have most of mine and the family's as well over the past 12 years. It is neat to look back over past trips .

Oh yes ! I save all ID cards. Have paper ones from way before plastic was used. I have napkins-swizzle sticks-books of matches(when they gave those out) A phone book with Mickey on the cover that somehow ended up in my suitcase from a visit to Ft Wilderness.Parking passes for your windshield when staying on property.ID cards from the old Magic Kingdom Club.Of course all the old A_B_C_D_E tickets including one full booklet never used so the admission ticket on top is still attached. I have a Commerative ticket including the entry stub never ripped off from both EPCOT and Disney/MGM Studios.:cloud9:

I have KTTW for our family from stays over the years. We cruise alot and I have our cards showing dates and ships. We have had APs to 6 Flags, Disney, Univeral/Ioa, Sea World/Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsbury, etc. and I have a box w/them. The kids also did the Jr. Park Ranger progams at national parks we have visited and they are there too.
It is so cool to look at the older ones with pictures from when the kids were little and also to see their signatures on some.

I save everything from every trip. I like to look back on them from time to time and remember when we went and what unit/villa we had and little momentos from that particular trip. :goodvibes

I am having a glass tabletop made and we are putting all our old room keys under it. I found old tickets from very merry Christmas party for 35 dollars.

I am having a glass tabletop made and we are putting all our old room keys under it. I found old tickets from very merry Christmas party for 35 dollars.

What a fun way to use your key cards!

I recently moved and found a few when I was cleaning out. I also found that my mom who has passed away saved all hers in a box!

I keep the most recent one in my wallet. DH does the same. We toss them on our way to the World!

That's enough to have a keepsake that doesn't take up any room and is a nice smile inducing reminder every time we open our wallets. It also gives us a little mini-tradition for the drive down.

I have very old tickets A-E type and some paper ones where they stamped the entry date on hanging in frames. Also original year issue on Disney Dollars framed on walls. :cool2:

I may , however, steal your tabletop idea :angel: If you don't mind

Save everyone of them plus I save every Welcome Home folder with it's contents. I have two large plastic containers full of them.

keys to the world going back at as a PP said, the brown and white paper ones then to the Gold Key's then to the room keys. I have my transportation tickets to including those first few years paper ones that came with the ticket packets. I have quite a few of the original tickets including some full books that were never used. We stopped saving the welcome home packets a few years ago...we were just running out of room, but I do have everything I could tote home from the 25th anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter