Does anyone else wish they'd go back to limiting and charging for Evening EMH's?

Need clarification! :confused3 The last time we went you showed you room card and got a bracelet then rode till it closed or you dropped. It was only open to resort guests, no fee. Am I understanding this correctly?....Now you need to show your room card at each ride instead of bracelet, but it's still only open to resort guests right?

Yes and no. They no longer hand our bracelets for EMH, you have to show your room key card at the entrance to any attraction you want to ride. However non-resort guests can stay to eat and shop (which to Disney means more $$$), they just can't do any attractions.

Need clarification! :confused3 The last time we went you showed you room card and got a bracelet then rode till it closed or you dropped. It was only open to resort guests, no fee. Am I understanding this correctly?....Now you need to show your room card at each ride instead of bracelet, but it's still only open to resort guests right?

Correct.

Thank you! So there will be crowds around but shouldn't be any different from the past as far as the rides. We love picking the park with EMH and staying till closing. :)

What??:scared1:
I can't believe the number of people ASKING for Disney to charge them more.:rotfl2
I guess nearly $80 per day admission and then another few hundred to several thousand dollars to stay on-site isn't enough? I never had a problem with EMH. I make a strategy and know which rides I want to do and at what time would be best to get to those rides during EMH and get it done. The last EMH we did was last month at MK. By 10:15pm we were able to get on Splash Mountain twice in a row with no waiting. Also, at the EMH at Epcot, we rode Soarin' without a fastpass and the wait was only 20 minutes. Same thing with Test Track.
EMH is a perk given at no extra charge (although I argue that the charge IS built into the price of the rooms given the rates they charge.) that I greatly appreciate!

... The last EMH we did was last month at MK. By 10:15pm we were able to get on Splash Mountain twice in a row with no waiting.

Now change that to the CMs asking you to stay on the ride because they're lonely. Imagine walking through the park, turning a corner and there are Mickey and Minnie standing alone just looking for people to interact with. We had CMs at the Haunted Mansion asking us to stick around because they were tired of watching empty cars pass by. I suspect for Soarin you'd just sit in the same seat and ride over and over.

Yes, I wish it would go back. Wasn't it called E-Ride nights or something like that? I would pay at least $40 for this since it will be almost like no one else is there.

I love EMH!

We don't do the mornings-too much struggle and I love to sleep late!

However, the Evening is great, even now. We went in April during Spring Break and still had no problems relaxing, walking around, getting on rides, and generally appreciating just pulling out our room keys and flashing them. It was awesome!

IMHO, if they were going to charge, I would say do it on a sliding scale based on the class hotel you are staying at, and then really charge if someone off site is doing it:

$10 - Deluxe
$15 - Moderate
$20 - Value
$50 - Off Site

Now change that to the CMs asking you to stay on the ride because they're lonely. Imagine walking through the park, turning a corner and there are Mickey and Minnie standing alone just looking for people to interact with. We had CMs at the Haunted Mansion asking us to stick around because they were tired of watching empty cars pass by. I suspect for Soarin you'd just sit in the same seat and ride over and over.

I guess it all depends on what time of year you go. If you go during June, July, August, Labor Day, Thanks Giving, Christmas/New Years, or Easter. EMH at many of the parks, most of the time are packed at 1:00 AM. Maybe thay can offer a special E-Nights for certain peak season times.

Why would it have to be one or the other? Why couldn't they offer a MK E-ride night when there is EMH going on at one of the other parks? Those of us who would be willing to pay can get our tickets at our resorts and they would be limited to 5000 guests again.

I remember E-ride nights, though I've never gone to one myself. I believe the last time I was there that they had them there wasn't one the nights I was visiting.

Anyway, I think it was inevitable that Disney would remove E-ride night. The value of E-ride night was the limited number of people allowed to have it. As news of this incredible perk spread, Disney would be in the position of having to turn away resort guests who want E-ride, but can't get it due to the limit.

To those that miss it, be happy that you got to experience it. My guess is that if Disney tried it again, it would be much more difficult to gain access. Great for those that get in, but for most, we would be frustrated.

Disney can't win. When E-nights were being done, I can't tell you how many times I heard, "I'm not paying extra for shorter lines, I'm paying too much as it is, lines should be shorter anyways". And now it's complaints about EMH and wanting E-nights back.
Aren't guests doing that right now for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, because I have read the lines for the attractions are a lot shorter and the difference is those tickets are more expensive then what it costs when they were doing the E-Ride nights?

I don't think it would help. There are too many discounts out now, too many people willing to save and do a value/moderate resort. It would still be packed. My family wouldn't be interested in that anyway because we don't like having our son up at 1am. We have to have him on a schedule.

I went to an e-night years ago, it was very empty. I can't imagine they were making much money on it, considering the number of cm's they had to have on duty.

This is for the "new-comers" who never went to E Ride Nights and for the "old-timers" who may want to travel down Memory Lane.:)

001-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

006-3.jpg

Why would it have to be one or the other? Why couldn't they offer a MK E-ride night when there is EMH going on at one of the other parks? Those of us who would be willing to pay can get our tickets at our resorts and they would be limited to 5000 guests again.

Good point.

Adding all the hotels/DVC over the years isn't helping the the numbers of people for these times. And now there is another hotel on the way. :scared1: Maybe they will have to go to 2 parks open at the same time for EMH?

The perk for staying onsite, really isn't much of a perk anymore.

I don't usually mind the crowds too much. for PM EMH We always go the smaller attractions first and end with the bigger ones once some of the crowds have left.

I would never pay for that. The perk of staying on property is EMH(one of the perks). Universal has front of the line access, we have EMH. Not everyone does it anyway, so during our stays I did not find long lines and we go during busy summer time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter