Does anyone else take their own...

The PP did say "flushable" and that is exactly what I thought though I would never mention it...and no I am not being judgemental or harsh...that is just the way it was stated...so I can understand the following comment...why am I even wasting type on this....:duck:

DH and I have OL and I used to have a couple of extra towels in there but we took them out several trips back because it is just us and they really did not get used but took up space. However we do store DH's famous Blanket of Power in his OL along with 100 Toy Story Aliens and his EE Jacket. I get to store all the stupid stuff in mine.:sad2:

I always bring my own soap everywhere I go. Usually I bring my own shampoo and conditioner, but I actually like Disney's grapefruit collection. Plus, at my age, well.....let's just say I don't need much shampoo and conditioner:sad1:! I would bring my own pillow if I thought I could manage carrying it in addition to my one huge suitcase and the bulky carry-on, but I never seem able to, but I have friends who do. I sometimes bring my own beach towel, but not for showering--just use theirs.

I bring at least one of my own pillows, and my hair needs my shampoo/conditioner.
I also bring my own liquid hand soap. I HATE washing my hands with bar soap.

Supposedly after that was made public knowledge, they have all been reformulated so that they do disintegrate when flushed.
See, I think the pp wasn't being judgemental, just dispensing info.... and no, those items aren't flushable. They are a big problem in sewer treatment. I don't fault people for using/not using them or not knowing about the problem.:thumbsup2
That said... to the OP question, I bring my own color care shampoo and conditioner, that's about it. I am tempted to bring my own pillow (I try not to think of the hygiene reasons lol) but I always end up overfilling my suitcase with clothing that I don't need....:rotfl2::rotfl::bitelip:

See, I think the pp wasn't being judgemental, just dispensing info.... and no, those items aren't flushable. They are a big problem in sewer treatment. I don't fault people for using/not using them or not knowing about the problem.:thumbsup2
That said... to the OP question, I bring my own color care shampoo and conditioner, that's about it. I am tempted to bring my own pillow (I try not to think of the hygiene reasons lol) but I always end up overfilling my suitcase with clothing that I don't need....:rotfl2::rotfl::bitelip:

Thank you. Three times the system at my building has gotten clogged because of people flushing "flushable" wipes - even after the supposed reconstitution of them. It's not the direct toilet that they usually clog - it is down in the pipes where things meet up that the problem happens.

Delonghi espresso maker. I need real coffee when I first wake up and I can't stand waiting in line. It's always my second checked bag on Southwest.

My H brings his pillow, while I bring everything else :P. Seriously, I bring normal toiletries that we would use at home. I mentioned this thread with people bringing toilet paper and he said we should bring that for sure next time. We drive, so it's not a big deal. Last time in August, our room was so hot with four of us getting ready and taking us space, that we bought a fan from Walmart. It didn't fit in the car, so we left that and his pillow at the trash can. This time it will be just the two of us--plenty of room for whatever.

My method of packing is as much as I can physically fit into bags & cases-
My dmil is the extreme opposite-

It was hilarious last October when we arrived at the airport and she basically had a carry on size case & we had the heaviest, biggest bags possible ..

Therefore-I overpack anything & everything..
My extreme packing includes ;
bath sheets, dressing gowns, slippers, air freshener, cleaning wipes,scissors, sellotape, all toiletries a family could possibly need, plastic cups,plates & bowls

Always bring TP and usually conditioner for dtr's long hair. Otherwise use the hotel stuff. For a really long stay we bring liquid hand soap and shower gel if the hotel has bar soap.

I pack my own shampoo, conditioner and face soap. I lave long hair and I didn't care for the Disney stuff or the stuff they use at my fav hotel in Vegas, so I just pack a little of my own.
I admit I am am a tissue snob though, if I catch a cold, I will only use Puff Plus Lotion, since all others feel like sandpaper on my shnoz.
My thought are, if it makes you feel a little more comfortable while on vacation and you have the room the luggage, bring it! I've never packed my own pillow, but I might next trip. :idea:
:)

I didn't say we flushed them, nor did I write how we use them, not that I should really have to explain our habits with you. I just wrote what we bring, which was what the thread was about. But thanks for the judgement, it goes so well with the purpose of Disboards. :rolleyes:

:rotfl2:

I didn't say we flushed them, nor did I write how we use them, not that I should really have to explain our habits with you. I just wrote what we bring, which was what the thread was about. But thanks for the judgement, it goes so well with the purpose of Disboards. :rolleyes:

So you will neither confirm nor deny that you actually flush your flushable wipes and that it's no one's business if you do or don't even though you brought up the flushability factor. Gotcha :).

I shipped a box of food and toiletries straight to the resort for my 2012 trip. Didn't need it packed in my suitcase and I was able to reuse the box to ship souvenirs home.

I bring shampoo, conditioner, soap, toilet paper, and beach towels. There are 4 of us and we can each easily fit 1 beach towel and a roll of TP in each of our suitcases.

When we drive to WDW, I pack more of my own brand of toiletries (bar soap, conditioner, shampoo). When flying, I limit myself to just bringing a small TSA approved size conditioner, because luggage space is at a premium and I'd rather squeeze in more clothes :) I considered adding some more things to my Prime Pantry order, but since I hardly check bags, it just seems wasteful to ship a full-size bottle of shampoo to my room only to use 1/8 of it and not be able to bring it back with me. So, I stuck to things I knew I could finish up during my stay.

We drive so we have plenty of room to bring our own toiletries. Even when we fly somewhere we pack our own in small containers (although I feel like we have an "owner's locker" at my mom's because we have toiletries stashed at her house for all four of us). When we've gone in warmer months and on the upcoming trip we'll bring our own pool towels. If we didn't have the room we'd make do. I swear my DH always brings an extra roll of tp wherever he goes- not because he is picky, but just in case.:rolleyes2 (whatever that means)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter