does anyone else have spouse that doesn't like thrill rides

CinderellasMama

Mouseketeer
DH and I have never been to a theme park together before. So the other day I was telling him about certain rides I wanted to ride and he told me he doesn't like to ride thrill rides. :sad1: Wow! I LOVE to ride roller coasters~~with my hands up in the air :scared1: . Guess I'll just go in the single rider line and have fun! Anyone else have this problem?

Brenda

CinderellasMama said:
DH and I have never been to a theme park together before. So the other day I was telling him about certain rides I wanted to ride and he told me he doesn't like to ride thrill rides. :sad1: Wow! I LOVE to ride roller coasters~~with my hands up in the air :scared1: . Guess I'll just go in the single rider line and have fun! Anyone else have this problem?

Brenda

MEEE! That is why, I am making my father come!!!

My DH doesn't do well with thrill rides. He doesn't get sick but his olive skin blanches to a grey-white. Not pretty. It's better to leave him in a shady spot with a cool drink until the kids and I finish.

My wife loves to go on all the fun rides. I don't ride any of them. I usually take pics of her on those rides. I wish I could join her on them, but I guess I'm afraid of them. Don't tell anybody that! :D

The "thrill rides" at WDW really aren't thrill rides like you would find at Universal, Busch Gardens, Cedar Point, etc. He may be able to tolerate the ones at WDW.

That being said, there are plenty in some of those other parks that I ride while DH does something else. Doesn't bother either one of us. He'll usually ride them once per trip, but isnt up for more than that.

Unfortunately, I'm the spouse that doesn't like them! :( Thankfully for now, our kids are young, so we skip most of the thrill rides (except Dh went on ToT alone! ;) He just couldn't not ride it while we were there.) I'm hoping as the kids get older they can all enjoy them together and I'll take pics.

I do. I love rollercoasters! Heck, any thrill ride will do. My wife on the other hand HATES them. I have a hard time getting her on a kiddie ride. She was peer pressured into riding a coaster when she was younger and was told "aw, it's not that bad." When it hit the summit and went over she nearly passed out. Never rode again after that.

Same here! In fact, my hubby doesn't like amusement parks period. So I am a little nervous about our trip, except of course that Disney is SO much more than an amusement park. I think he'll really enjoy the "other" aspects. We are going in January to avoid the massive crowds -- he would not be able to stand that. But I plan on riding all the thrill rides myself while he sits back and watches the kids. :cool1:

*sigh* He's nearly perfect except for his dislike of the thrillers. In December, we went on an alone date to MK and I convinced him to go on Space Mountain. I honestly think SM is one of the easiest coasters in existence and thought it would open his eyes to the possibilities. After, he was horrified and, yes, grey-looking. "At least I can say I lived through Space Mountain." he said. :earboy2: He's a wuss but I love him. Hoping my 4-year old DS is gonna go on these things with me in a couple years ... he did Splash Mountain and Big Thunder with me this year without batting an eyelash.

My DD LOVES coasters! As soon as she was tall enough she started riding. I have had a coaster buddy for the past 4 years. :)

My husband and I were just discussing this today. He does not do big rides at all. I LOVE them. Thankfully my daughters all love them too.

This leads me to a question also. Does anyone know if nonriders can go through the lines of rides like ToT and RnR and then exit before getting on the ride? I hate that my husband always has to wait for us and I'd love for him to at least see all the preshow stuff leading up to the rides.

My DH doesn't. The first trip we took to WDW was to humor me - since he doesn't like rides. He was pleasantly surprised (but still doesn't ride anything scarier than Star Tours - and only that cause he's a geek). He's tried most of them, doesn't emerge white and shaking, but doesn't enjoy them.

He loved Mission:Space though (the geek thing).

The kids have been told if they want to ride ToT, they are old enough, but Dad will stay behind and Mom will ride with them. Honestly, it doesn't thrill me either - I can skip them - but I can and will ride them - and enjoy them - if the kids have an interest.

Yep - DH doesn't like the thrill rides at all and doesn't ride them. So I use his ticket to get another FP for myself to ride it twice if there isn't anything else he wants a FP for :earboy2:

Does anyone else have a spouse that dosen't like thrill rides??
Hmm--I don't.
But my wife does :D :D

aka-mad4themouse said:
My DH doesn't do well with thrill rides. He doesn't get sick but his olive skin blanches to a grey-white. Not pretty. It's better to leave him in a shady spot with a cool drink until the kids and I finish.

Our DH's must be twins seperated at birth!!! Thankfully both of the girls love to scream with me!

I am the one who doesn't like the spinning or really big drop rides. I'm also the one that is addicted to Disney. I hate waiting outside in the sun while my three kids and husband ride, so I follow them through the lines. The line area is a ride in itself usually, with all the detail they put into them! Just as they are getting on the ride, I ask where the exit is, as I have the cameras and other bags to hold. This way I "save face", and I'm only waiting the minute or two it actually takes to ride the ride. I love Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, don't like the drop in Splash Mountain. I guess I'm just a person who believes my stomach was put where it is for a reason, and it doesn't make sense to fool with things and transfer it to my throat on a ride! LOL
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

My DH is also a great big ride chicken. Thankfully my kids are getting big enough to ride with me finally!! Although I have to say, riding coasters with my kids is different. It's like I'm only half on the the ride, and the other half is watching them to see if they're OK!!

** I ** don't like thrill rides!! At least not in the sense of big coasters like you find at typical amusement parks. When I go to Kings Island (Paramount) there are a dozen rides I won't even consider. But I've yet to ride anything at WDW that I didn't enjoy.

Space Mountain is fast and bumpy but has no big hills.
Big Thunder Mountain is pretty tame (but not lame!) as coasters go. Fun but virtually no "air time".
Splash Mountain has only 3 seconds of "thrill", not a problem.
Rock 'n' Roller coaster is very fast, but very smooth, and again no big hills. I wish all coasters were like this one.
Test Track is fast and fun, but mild as thrill rides go.
Mission Space is a motion sickness issue and hard to predict how it affects people, but I loved it!

You'll notice I haven't mentioned Tower of Terror. That's the only one I'm afraid of, but if I ever ride it, I suspect I'll like it.

My husband always told me he hated the thrill rides and would not ride any at WDW. After our last trip I found out he must not mind them to much. He went on Mission Space to amny times and Test Track and can't wait to go back. He also rode alot of the MK rides but will not get on the mountians. Whats up with that? :rolleyes: We will see how he does in our next trip. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter