Does anyone else find the beds too small?!

Figaro's paws

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone - just wondered if anyone else finds the beds a little small? We stayed at Pop last year and found that with the 2 doubles, DF and I could not sleep in a double bed! :lmao: (Have a king at home, so used to more space) and after a restless night, I ended up spending the rest of the trip sharing a bed with DD (which she thought was ace of course:thumbsup2)

It's not really an issue, just wondered i anyone else have this problem?:confused3 :goodvibes

You're not alone. That's why we jumped at the chance when our first choice resort, CSR came up available after first being told it was sold out. We were booked at POR and while we were looking forward to staying at a new resort we weren't looking forward to the tiny double beds. Our girls 11 & 4 would be fine sharing a double but my husband and I would be miserable. We don't have a king at home but we do have a queen and love the space it provides. We gladly paid the slight price difference to stay at CSR afterall 9nights of being on a double would have left us not having such a magical time.:scared1:

T.

Yes! The beds do seem abnormally small. Even the queen beds seem smaller than normal. That is why we decided to go with a Mod resort this time so we could make sure we get a King...Going on a romantic vacation and then having to sleep in separate beds is not ideal ;)

We would like to be able to book a value, but DH and I would not be happy campers after the first night. In our house "If Daddy aint happy no one's happy." I cant complain though, bc he gladly lets us pay more for WL:cool1:

If you don't want to be spoiled for hotel beds forever, DON'T stay at the Swan! ;)

You will sneer at a regular Disney resort bed ever after. The Westin beds are really luxurious. (We once took a teenaged niece with us who refused to go to parks because she wanted to spend an entire day wallowing in that bed!)

I agree we have a king at home and the double beds are the only thing keeping us from trying a value
we book the CSR just for the 2 queen beds

Doubles do seem quite small if you're used to a queen or king. We stayed at Pop in 2006 when our boys were 11 and 8. DH and the DS 11 shared a double while I shared w/DS8. Now that the boys are 14 and 11, that wouldn't work. We feel like we've already outgrown 2-bed hotel rooms. Our 14 year old is tall and needs his own bed and the boys bicker if they have to sleep together. From now on, we'll be looking for rooms with 2 queens and a pull-out couch or a roll-away.

We have a king at home. Last weekend we were shopping for new mattresses and the floor models were all queens. We laid on some and DH said "this is what it's like in Disney." I said, "no, they are fulls in Disney." He thought I was crazy till he looked it up when we got home. He was shocked. He said "man, we must be dead tired in Disney, no way we could do that at home." We don't even realize there how small they are, we just crash.

LOL Dh was so looking forward to not having little feet digging in his back when we got home.

We split the boys up I got the biggest one and he got the other, then the baby had the pack n play (lucky guy!) Only problem I had was the oldest has a double at home, so he was use to streching out and I was constantly pushing him over all night after I got out of bed to nurse!

LOL Dh was so looking forward to not having little feet digging in his back when we got home.

We split the boys up I got the biggest one and he got the other, then the baby had the pack n play (lucky guy!) Only problem I had was the oldest has a double at home, so he was use to streching out and I was constantly pushing him over all night after I got out of bed to nurse!

this made me laugh,
Seriously, we have a king bed and DD (5) sometimes will crawl into bed with us in the middle of the night, and both dh and I will wake up right on the edge fo the bed with her sprawled who know someone that small could take up so much room

I'm about 5'7" (not large but tall) and DH and I had to share a double bed one summer, while living in a hotel in Rhode Island for the Naval Justice School.

It was very hard, as we had a king bed at home (after the first 6 months of marriage, in a queen, switched to a king).

My kids each have a queen bed in their rooms (how spoiled they are, and college will be a shock as I had a twin bed growing up so didn't know the difference!).

One reason I wouldn't like a moderate or value resort is the double beds (or needing two rooms if we did a king connecting?). Double beds are a bit shorter, and my feet seem to hang over the edge. King and queen are the same length, but king gives more room in the width (nice when one of the kids crawls into bed to snuggle and watch tv!).

I would guess on vacation, half the people don't mind but half do. I do, so queen beds would be the smallest I would want on vacation.

We too have a king bed at home and even though hubby and I split up so that the boys wouldn't be in the same bed fighting we still found them very small.

Neither of our boys stay in one spot during the night they are often sideways in the bed. We were constantly removing them from our backs so that we could have more than 6" at the edge of the bed. I'm quite sure the boys slept better than we did.

Yes that is the only thing I am not looking forward to down at Disney. The fullsize beds at POR.

We have a King at home. We've decided we'll split up and sleep with 1 kid each (with another 1 on the trundle). I hope it works out.

Yes that is the only thing I am not looking forward to down at Disney. The fullsize beds at POR.

We have a King at home. We've decided we'll split up and sleep with 1 kid each (with another 1 on the trundle). I hope it works out.

Me too! We are trying POR this summer for the first time and we have a king at home DH is 6' 3. It is not the width of a double that bothers us it's the length. I keep telling DH, but he doesn't want to upgrade to a deluxe. Disney is hard with a family of 5! We plan on bringing an air matress, and maybe it'll be DH sleeping on it if he can't make it in the double!

We agree, the double beds are too small to be comfortable. When we stayed at POP, I had one of the doubles, DH had the other one, and DS slept on a roll away bed. It was great for everyone to have their own bed and space, and get a good night's sleep.

We can't sleep two in a double. We have a queen at home. We are DVCers and book one or two bedrooms, so we get a king in our room - and that's too big! I can't find my husband in the bed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter