Does anyone else do this?

kimis

DIS Veteran
We leave in 2 days for Disneyworld for the first time in six years. We have saved for a couple years and planned for a year. this is the strange part that I am wondering if I am the only crazy one out there. Now Im getting nervous. Did I plan right? Will it be magical? Whats the weather going to do? I know I am so EXCITED to be going but also so NERVOUS! Makes no sense right? I keep telling myself it will be great and magical but really does anyone else do this? lol

We leave in 2 days for Disneyworld for the first time in six years. We have saved for a couple years and planned for a year. this is the strange part that I am wondering if I am the only crazy one out there. Now Im getting nervous. Did I plan right? Will it be magical? Whats the weather going to do? I know I am so EXCITED to be going but also so NERVOUS! Makes no sense right? I keep telling myself it will be great and magical but really does anyone else do this? lol

Yes, I do it all the time! HaHa, but it helps what really happens seem all the more Magical! Never had a bad time at Disney!

I feel this way anytime we go anywhere. Will it be perfect? Probably not. Will it be awesome? Absolutely! Have a wonderful trip!

Most of us do this, but I'm sure you are currently have a FaNtAsTiC time!

I only get nervous about the flight. Like if there will be traffic and I miss the luggage check in window. Or if my flight is cancelled. All that equals less time at Disney!

Nope. While we did have to go every other year because it took me two years to save the money, I never worried we wouldn't enjoy it or my plans would be wrong. I've never made a whole lot of plans so that solves that problem. We know where we are staying, we know the dates, we sort of have FPs but we rarely use them and we only make one or two ADRs before we actually get there, the rest is done on the day of or one the fly. Makes it easier to manage your expectations.

lol yup. we leave in three days and i'm still torn on whether to get the DP or not. is it gonna rain, etc etc.

I do a ton of planning, well ahead of time, but when it's 'go time' I just sort of clear my mind and go with the flow. I try not to set any lofty expectations. (With four young kids, that will only lead to heartbreak. :D )

In the lead up to our WDW trips I get really anxious. It's a combination of excitement and apprehension. The excitement is regarding being at Disney obviously. The apprehension is regarding the 9 hour flight we have to take to get there. But by the time travel day arrives I'm raring to go. As for the weather - no point worrying about that. It's the one thing completely out of our control and WDW is great fun in all weather :)

So...OP, how did it go?

I am like a couple PPs -- (1) plan, plan, plan (2) worry about making the flight/flight being on time and then ... (3) let go and let the vacation take on its own unique personality.

Hope you had a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter