Does anyone else buy their kids new clothes for the trip?

I always buy my 2 DS's new clothing for our trips. I like to dress them kind of nice but still casual for evenings in the parks. Also, if we go out to dinner, I want them to look nice. I'm planning a little spree at Old Navy just for this purpose this afternoon!!

Happy Shopping!!

Ann:earsgirl:

not too much new clothes.........but for some reason I buy everyone new socks and underwear. I just throw them in the suitcase still in the package and Wallah! Fresh socks & undies for our trip! Hurray!

I don't think I could travel with old undies. It would seem wrong somehow. :rolleyes:

curly :crazy:

I always buy new clothes for the kids before the trip. For our August trip we get awesome clearance deals at Old Navy. $2 or 3 dollars for shirts. etc... Then They are also packed for early December. But I will still buy more adn put it away. We are skipping Disney this summer:eek: ANd doing Universal. And I have a closet full of Universal type clothing. Spiderman bathing suits, Shrek sandals, Shrek baseball hats. that type of marketed stuff they won't wear until we go.
And like another poster I always bring new socks for all.

The good thing about going after 4th of July is that you get all the summer clothes on sale. Our trip is July 15-26 so I get all our new clothes on sale (some even clearance) and these are the stores I usually shop at anyway, GAP, Old Navy, Disney etc. Like a previous poster I'm also obsessed about making sure everyone has all new socks and underwear. What do you think that's about. This is a surprise trip so I'm also making up bags with all sorts of Disney things in it. Can't wait to see their faces!

Yep. I buy Disney tee shirts at the DisneyStore onsale for about $3.00 each. That way she has something new to wear each day and she isn't as apt to beg for tee-shirts from the on-site shops. She has a shirt for each day. Plus a few extra, just in case.

An interesting twist on buying new things for trips....

My dad saves all his oldest, most worn underwear for travel. :scared1: Whenever he comes across a pair that has holes and really only has one more wear out of it, he puts it in an empty suitcase in his closet. When it's time for vacation, he has several pairs of underwear and undershirts already packed!! :p He wears each item one last time and then throws it away! No dirty underwear to lug back home -- and new space in the suitcase for any souveniers!! :smooth:

I myself prefer the new fresh clean approach for myself and my kids, but you've got to admit his idea does have some merit!:p

The only thing is, he said sometimes the maids find his old clothes in the trash and take them back out for him, figuring they got thrown out on accident!! Too funny!

I packed away some of the kids new summer clothes for the vacation. It seems like everything gets worn out so fast and I wanted them to look nice. DH and I even went out this last weekend and bought ourselves some new clothes--with three kids 4, 2, and 7 months our clothes start looking worn out quickly too:teeth:
It just adds to the excitement of the trip for all of us too.

Amy
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
:tongue: four more days until WDW

Yes, I do buy new clothes for all of us for vacation. Children practically get a new wardrobe, DH and I get some new pieces and I take advantage to go through the closets and get rid of the older clothes. And once we arrive at the hotel, the ironing board stays out for our entire stay. My husband just laughs at me. With five of us, we normally pack for 1/2 of our stay and do laundry during our stay. I will be honest and say that I have been shocked at some of the clothes I have seen other people wash and fold at the laundry room- dingy, stained torn clothing (with some stains that no one should ever see). I just enjoy seeing my family looking all neat and pretty :)

For some reason when ever we go on vaction my mom ALWAYS has to buy new shoes.

Yes, I do this too - not a whole new wadrobe, but several new outfits. I want pictures to look good, I like buying him new things and he loves wearing new clothes! I also buy some new things for DH & myself too!

We ALL get lots of new disney Shirts. I try to make sure we have enough for each day. I get some on sale at the DST, order some on line and then we spring for one or two new ones when we arrive. We also have matching sweat shirts, and a few polos for nicer places. I too buy new socks and underwear and pack still in the package, but we get our shoes about a month ahead to wear them in well.
I don't do the old underwear thing, but I do keep tooth paste, shampoo etc that is almost gone and take it to use up and trash the container.

Jordans' mom

Oh good! I don't feel so bad now. :teeth: Our trip isn't until May '05 and I just started; bought both the kids a t-shirt at the Disney Store the other day and packed them away. I plan to do this all year with clothes and trinkets and save them for the trip. It definitely makes the trip seem more "real" as I wait. ::yes::
Sherry

I do! Not an entire new wardrobe for the trip, but several new t-shirts and anything else they might need! I just bought a bunch of t-shirts at the Disney Store in preparation for our trip next March. :) I'll probably get them some new shoes for it too. (But will buy those a few weeks ahead so they can break them in before we go!) :)

I do it as well, but I am not as excited about buying new clothes when we go during the winter. It is more of a summer thing for me.

Daughter going on her first birthday. I think I am up to twelve new outfits for her. All deeply discounted last fall at places like the gap and old navy. Short sets $3.99 dresses for $6 etc.

My son has a few new things including sneakers.
Hubbie - 4 new pairs of shorts swim shorts, about 5 shirts

Me.........well, a few new things ;)

Originally posted by HappyLawyer
No our vacation costs more then enough, we wear what we have

Unfortunately that's the same boat I'm in. Coming from the Caribbean it doesn't make sense for us to ship clothes down from the US to wear in the US!
We do plan on shopping for school supplies/shoes/undies while in Orlando tho'. The kids all wear uniforms down here so we have to look for black shoes and sneakers without lots of logos on them.

I certainly plan on buying some new clothes for the trip, although not TONS of clothing. Probably just some new Tshirts (Disney of course) and comfy shoes.

I always buy all new stuff for our Disney vacations, etc for a few things that must be packed each and every trip, like my HM tees. I have actually bought DD1 and DD11 too much stuff....so I guess I'll have to leave some home.... I usually buy one size bigger than they could normally squeeze into so they will be able to use the stuff next year after the trip (hopefully). Each time the DS has a sale, I am helplessly drawn to it. I haven't gotten the great prices like some of you are posting :earseek: , but I try to never pay full price. We also buy a ton of souveniers while at the outlets. Ebay sellers love me! I usually stay away from Old Navy, Osh Kosh, etc, because I have spent all my earnings on Disney clothes. I will need cute bathing suits and sandles for DD11, though. I thought since we are going early Sept, that we would just miss the summer clothing clearances. Am I wrong? When does the summer clothes go on really good clearance?

I looked at my reciepts when I was packing for our last trip (in late January 2004), and they were mostly from The Children's Place and they were dated in August and I ended with great deals. I used some web codes to get even better discounts on my web perchase.

and I have been going wild on buying things for our trip. I really haven't bought anything at any store, but on Ebay.

I have gotten alot of great deals on "lots" of clothes for my DS and DD. With my DD being small as she is I am glad I went through her clothes early. She can usually get about 2 years out of her clothes. She usually wears them out before growing out of them. But this year I noticed the clothes she had for last summer were getting very small. Guess the 2 year mark is up. LOL!! ::yes:: When I went through all her summer clothes, low and behold they were all the same size. :earseek:

Time to go shopping!!! :tongue: I have alot of success on Ebay getting her clothes. Like anything else, you just have to check the seller out. I have quite a few seller's in my favorites that I know they take good care of their kids clothes. Now with my DS that's a different story. He out grows his clothes very quickly!!! He'll start school in one size, by Christmas time he is in another size, then at the end of the school year it's once again in another size. He goes through shoe sizes the same way. Two sizes in a school year.

So I guess the answer to the question is, YES I do the samething. But this is also our first trip or even going somewhere on vacation as a family. I guess I get it from my mom. She bought me new clothes before going on vaca. LOL!!

:Pinkbounc :wave: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter