• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anyone eat clean?

kinntj

DIS Veteran
I just bought 2 books by Tosca Reno on eating clean. I'm starting to read them now and hopefully I can start restocking the pantry a bit.

I was just wondering if there's anyone eating similar to join together with. Even if it's chemical free eating, healthy eating, etc.

I just purchased her book as well! I really want to follow her plan but am having a hard time getting started. I feel as if my family already eats pretty good but not as good as I would like. To be honest it is a time issue for me. What I have done in the past is so easy. To re-learn how to eat, what to eat and how to cook it! It's just so much. I find I don't have the time to prepare everything. I hope to see if anyone has any answers for you to help us both! I think the first step may be to pack my lunch every night. I own my own salon, am the mom of six wonderful kids and homeschool too! Aggggghhhh

I just purchased her book as well! I really want to follow her plan but am having a hard time getting started. I feel as if my family already eats pretty good but not as good as I would like. To be honest it is a time issue for me. What I have done in the past is so easy. To re-learn how to eat, what to eat and how to cook it! It's just so much. I find I don't have the time to prepare everything. I hope to see if anyone has any answers for you to help us both! I think the first step may be to pack my lunch every night. I own my own salon, am the mom of six wonderful kids and homeschool too! Aggggghhhh

It's definately time consuming to make everything with fresh ingredients and also much more expensive. These past few weeks, I've been making one of her recipes once a week. They are really good! Packing your own food for lunches definately helps.

You have your hands full there. I've heard that once you're use to cooking/eating this way it gets easier.

Did you buy her cookbook too? I have The Eat-Clean Diet book and it does have a couple recipes in the back. I was wondering about her cookbook and if it is any good? I hope to eat better and am willing to try the best I can to learn and not beat myself up on the days I don't do so well. All my kids are excited and so is my husband so that helps! Oh if I just had more hours in my day! lol

A few of us on the Biggest Loser thread are also into the Eating Clean. I have her cookbook as well, and for the most part, the recipes I've tried have been quite, quite good. There is a tofu chocolate mousse that is incredibly good.

I do!!!! I love Tosca, I have all her books. I really loved the New Eat Clean recharged and the newest cookbook!! I've pretty much eaten this way for year and was in heaven when I found her books about a year and a half ago.

I try to feed our family pretty well with free-range organic meat and veggies from local farms. I know there is a lot more I could do. Have you found the cookbooks or the informational books more helpful? Does it really help with weight-loss?

Thanks for the info!

Actually I don't really look at this way of eating for losing weight. They advocate not counting calories and I can't lose weight without counting calories.

I find when eating clean, my actual calorie count goes up. My morning smoothie is over 500 calories (plain yogurt, banana, peanut butter or other nut butter, oatmeal). But it's high in calcium, protein, iron, fiber and much more. It keeps me full because it has a great balance of fiber, protein, etc. Luckily I don't really need a snack midmorning if I drink this. Thank goodness because It's so high in calories I would gain weight if following the way Eat Clean should be at all meals.

But I whole heartedly believe in the philosphy and eating clean foods. I just use what I need and believe in for my lifestyle and pair it with counting calories. I think I could use it to maintain though!

She has different "cooler" plans. She has one plan if you want to lose, one to maintain and one to build muscle. The plan you follow to lose, if you eat what she says, then the calories are already counted for you. (But I could see how easy it would be to add things that are not on her list) It takes time and major discipline and I am trying my hardest because I believe it will work. I lost 30 pounds on the South Beach Diet and then got stuck. So I found this book and wanted to learn to eat better. I am looking to change the way I eat and what I eat forever. Otherwise, everything ends up a yo yo diet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter