Does anyone drive between Parks?

Pirate Lovers Mom

Earning My Ears
We'll be staying at ASMovies and only have 2 days to hit as much as possible in as many parks as possible (not a dream trip, but we'll take what we can get.)

I was curious to know if anyone drives between parks rather than takes the bus to park hop. I've got a parking pass from AAA, so I can get their parking, but does it save any time or energy?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

since we drive over, we always drive to parks. We used the bus system once and my hubby and I agreed "never again".

The only time we ever use the buses is when we go from Yacht Club (or any non-monorail resort) to MK. It just seems so much faster than parking, taking the tram, then taking the monorail/ferry. Otherwise we drive - we find it to be faster and less stressful. When we stay at a monorail resort we NEVER use the buses.

We've always driven between parks. We think (but haven't tested it out) that it may be quicker, so as long as we have a car when we're there, we'll do it. We always stay on-site and then get free parking at the parks, so there's no reason not too.

We drive our car to the place we're going to end the day, then hit Disney transport for park hopping. It works well for us!

we almost always drive and I find it much faster than Disney Transportation. Most people don't like to drive on vacation though.

With the AAA Parking Pass it is much quicker as long as the parks aren't empty. The spaces are in easy walking distance of the front entrances (with the exception of MK). They are right behind the handicapped parking spaces.

I added with the exception of MK because I'm not sure where the spaces are in that instance. The trip I had the pass I was staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas so I usually took a boat over. My GUESS would be that the spaces are nearest the actual TTC rather than near the front entrance of the park. In that case I'd say take a bus in the first place...it'll be faster.

KimR said:
The only time we ever use the buses is when we go from Yacht Club (or any non-monorail resort) to MK. It just seems so much faster than parking, taking the tram, then taking the monorail/ferry. Otherwise we drive - we find it to be faster and less stressful. When we stay at a monorail resort we NEVER use the buses.

That makes two of us. We only use the buses when going to MK. Everywhere else I drive, but I like being in control so that may be just me.

I'm a driver, too. This past trip we took the monorail to the Poly to have lunch, but it took so long waiting for the monorail back that I easily could have driven round trip.

we tried both last trip and found it much quicker to drive across.You only pay once for parking anyway and i think its probably safer to be in the same park as your car is!! ::yes::

We always drive and when we go to EHM, we are one of the first cars in the parking lot. The only time we've taken the bus is when we take a boat somewhere and they close them due to lightening several hundred miles away.

The only time driving was a bad idea was when we were there during Spring Break last year and tried to go to the parks later in the morning and the parking lot was full. We didn't care though and went back to lay in the sun.

Hope this helps!

We like to have our car to park hop--it gives us a nice cold, quiet and comfy place to recharge between parks. We always have special snacks in the cooler to help refresh us as well.

If you are not on the rails,,,absolutely take the bus to MK...

I prefer to stay on Epcot side,,,and we either walk or boat to MGM & Epcot.
We always bus to MK and usually drive to AK....

don't ever drive to MK...total waste of time

What's the AAA parking pass? Do you have book through AAA to get it?

we plan on driving ourselves on this upcoming trip, dh likes to be in control lol We will take the disney transportation a few times though to get to dining locations from parks and etc. This will be our first time on-site so parking is free (yay), do we get a parking pass from our resort upon check in? Do they give it to everyone or do you have to request it?

Since we drive down and have a car we always drive to the parks....even MK cause DM likes to ride the monorail in (like we did the first time in the 70's!).

The car cools off and heats up quicker...and I have a heat tolerance problem.

When we stayed at CSR and took the bus...it was SO hot we wound up taking the car to the bus stop cause I got overheated (did I mention we don't go between April and November any more?).

Also would like to know about the AAA parking pass...thanks!

cheerful chickadee said:
we plan on driving ourselves on this upcoming trip, dh likes to be in control lol We will take the disney transportation a few times though to get to dining locations from parks and etc. This will be our first time on-site so parking is free (yay), do we get a parking pass from our resort upon check in? Do they give it to everyone or do you have to request it?

If you are asking about the AAA parking pass it comes from AAA, not the resort. I bought my tickets from AAA ahead of time and the pass arrived in the same envelope.

scromwell said:
If you are asking about the AAA parking pass it comes from AAA, not the resort. I bought my tickets from AAA ahead of time and the pass arrived in the same envelope.

no I mean for us to get free parking since we're resort guests. Is there a pass or do we just show our resort ID? I should have been more specific :)

Your post did help me a little though... I didn't know that you could get the AAA parking pass when buying tix through AAA, I thought they only gave the parking pass away with a package booked through AAA. How much of a discount does AAA offer for park tix if you don't mind me asking? When I go to the AAA site the only tix they list are 5 day park hoppers, no listings for magic your way passes

We drive all the time when we are going to someplace like MGM or AK- it is easy as can be- one day we hit AK in the AM , MGM for a few shows and then to EPCOT for Soarin. It can be done(and that was during PEAK days in July with 4 kids)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter