Does anyone care if kids share a kids meal at a TS restaurant??

5intexas

Raising 3 princesses to love the mouse!
We have the dining plan but are going to pay for a couple of TS meals OOP. If it is not a buffet (Sci Fi is actually the place I am considering), would the restaurant care if my kids shared a kids meal?? I have 3 girls who eat NOTHING (they can barely polish off a kids meal between the 3 of them), so I was thinking of letting them share if we pay OOP. Thanks:)

i won't swear to it, but i can't imagine there would be an issue. i've seen plenty of people share meals so why would kids be any different?

I don't see why not as long as each person in your party is on the DDP or the child is a toddler and not part of the actual plan. My DD was on the child DD plan and is a small eater. My DS was only one this May and always shared her meal... If not ate the whole thing!!!

You are not breaking any rules or policies doing this, people with younger children do it all the time, those kids meals can be a lot of food for some kids. However I would suggest considering tipping a little extra what your normally would since your total bill would be lower than if everyone had their own plate. Only if it is deserved, if they say anything to you about your kids splitting or you think they are giving your lesser service not only do not tip more, get a manager. Just to put it out there I am a server and super biased on this.

Yes if your paying OOP then sharing is fine! Ask for an extra plate when you order:)

Wow, they must not eat but a bite each. We just returned last month and our 4 yo granddaugther has no problem eating a TS kids meal. Generally the cheese pizza is the size of a small saucer (about 4 inches across) and she gobbles it right down. With a couple of carrots and dip there really isn't much to a kids meal. Then you get that one small scoop of ice cream for the kids' sundae. Hopefully you plan to buy the kids' their deserts out of pocket. Hopefully you've been to WDW lately and know how incredibly small the kids' meals are. We actually buy a kids' meal for our 2 yo granddaughter too because there's not enough to share with her older sister. And don't forget about those 4 nuggets on the CS meal. We had a 2 yo and 4 yo and would buy an adult's CS meal just to feed the 2 of them. Good luck!!

Sharing is fine, even on the ddp. We shared in sci-fi in January, it was me, dh, dd3 and dd2. The girls shared a kids pizza, it was plenty for the both of them with leftovers. Every restaurant we shared in seemed very congenial about it.

Wow, they must not eat but a bite each. We just returned last month and our 4 yo granddaugther has no problem eating a TS kids meal. Generally the cheese pizza is the size of a small saucer (about 4 inches across) and she gobbles it right down. With a couple of carrots and dip there really isn't much to a kids meal. Then you get that one small scoop of ice cream for the kids' sundae. Hopefully you plan to buy the kids' their deserts out of pocket. Hopefully you've been to WDW lately and know how incredibly small the kids' meals are. We actually buy a kids' meal for our 2 yo granddaughter too because there's not enough to share with her older sister. And don't forget about those 4 nuggets on the CS meal. We had a 2 yo and 4 yo and would buy an adult's CS meal just to feed the 2 of them. Good luck!!

I agree. Since the OP kids are 7, 5, and 3 I would think that sharing 1 kids meal will only give the kids a bite. Plus if going during free dining I am not sure that the rules are the same. I know on the dining plan it says no sharing. The options are pizza, meaty Mac, Mac and cheese, Hot dog or Hamburger. Not really food thats enough to share. After paying for extra drinks and dessert it might not be worth it.

I really think you may need to consider have the 3 kids share 1 adult meal rather than a kids meal or at least 2 kids meals for the 3. As a PP stated the kids TS meals are typically very tiny, especially the protein portion. 4 chicken nuggets, mini sized burger, mini sized pizza, small chicken leg, half cup serving of pasta or mac and cheese. They aren't kids meals like at quick casual chain restaurants where there is a ton of food. My daughter at 4 weighed about 30 lbs and ate very little and she had no problem finishing entire kids meals at WDW when at home we'd take home in a box more than she ate. The other factor for her was that with all the walking she was getting hungrier than normal as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter