Does anyone belong to the "Disney vacation club members" group on Facebook? Insanity

Yes, you're describing it perfectly. And funny story, just like that, poof! They kicked me off last night because I called them out for being ridiculous. I've never seen a site so childish ever. So word of warning, DO NOT JOIN. They're a bunch of wannabe bullies, you'll regret it. Oh, and I'm just about certain, that the people that run the site are a business that buys and sells dvc points. They advertise every other post, and set up posts to sound like you're really trying to figure out what to do with your points, and voila, there's the advertisement. It got so old. Good riddance!

Okay... Now I am tempted to go join. I'm always up for a good popcorn moment. popcorn:::drinking1

I think it's funny that you come to Dis to WHINE about a group that you call a bunch of WHINERS. And just as funny that some of you are saying how great the group with Virgil is so great and others are posting how creepy his site is. Which is it? To each his own, but why go to another site to complain about it. It makes you just as bad as the people you are complaining about.

I actually think that site is ok. A lot of people seems to get very upset over trivial matters and arguments happen afterwards. I struggle to understand the amount of upset feelings on web forums etc

I do belong because they often post links to websites/articles with breaking news. However I do agree many posts are childish and or seem to be setups to recommend the particular resale broker or point rental agency that sponsor the Facebook group. I just ignore those and I turned off notifications for them.

There's a lot of great info in that group and the group description basically says don't join if you're easily offended.

There's a lot of great info in that group and the group description basically says don't join if you're easily offended.

Sarcasm runs deep in that group. Problem is that people don't understand sarcasm anymore. They take themselves way to seriously anymore. They don't like the group so they go elsewhere to complain & whine. Get over yourselves. Don't go around picking on a group just because it wasn't your cup of tea. Apparently there are a lot of people who get it or the member count wouldn't be so high.

Sarcasm runs deep in that group. Problem is that people don't understand sarcasm anymore. They take themselves way to seriously anymore. They don't like the group so they go elsewhere to complain & whine. Get over yourselves. Don't go around picking on a group just because it wasn't your cup of tea. Apparently there are a lot of people who get it or the member count wouldn't be so high.
Or maybe they are like me and remain members for the valuable information that is often posted and overlook the childish humor (toilet Tuesday anybody?) in order to get it
:)

Or maybe they are like me and remain members for the valuable information that is often posted and overlook the childish humor (toilet Tuesday anybody?) in order to get it
:)

Toilet Tuesday is just a light hearted bit of fun for some people. I don't participate, but I know how to scroll past things that don't interest me.
Some of the people on there are really UP on their Disney, but there are some people who get upset when they try to correct misinformation spread by others. Especially the people who are spreading the misinformation.

They are HORRIBLE people. I just got banned for pointing out factual errors. A lot of hatred and just plain idiots there. Actually glad to be rid of that group. I should have unfollowed a long time ago.

Exactly my sentiment. No kindness whatsoever there. Not that i'm looking for someone to hold my hand, I've been a DVC member since 2002. But I joined to get new information, it shouldn't take a thick skin to do so. So, so happy I'm out of there.

Well I am a member of the group mentioned as well as a number of other Disney related FB groups. For real answers, I always come here. I just go to the FB groups for their entertainment value. Plus if I'm in FB, it's just easier to click on the FB group to read the posts. For real information the DIS is still the best. One thing I don't like about the FB groups is that when new posts or answers are made, I have a hard time figuring out what the new posts are. Here, it is very easy.

Thank you! I joined the DVC Owners Group (DIS) suggested above. I'm part of the Annual Passholders - Walt Disney World Resort Facebook Group, but I wanted a group to share with my fellow DVC members.

I joined a while back, and I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to unjoin this ridiculous group. I've been on the Dis for many, many years and I'm so used to questions being answered, period. They hide behind, "well, if you don't like our quirkiness (a guise for high school behavior), then leave the group. The moderators are straight out of high school, seriously. Finally, today was a decent thread, of many responses of how many years you've been a dvc member. Then, a moderator comes along and starts this insanity of a million memes and sends it off into clown college. I think I've had it. But its like a train wreck. Does anyone belong and how long could you take it before discontinuing the nonsense?
I don't know how many there are, but I left one several months ago. I was involved in a discussion about a wedding in the Magic Kingdom. The post went crazy.....people being so incredibly rude and immature (as you stated.....they hid behind they were joking or I was just "too sensitive'.). I left the group. That nonsense is a complete waste of my time. Yes.....the mods seemed VERY immature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter