Does anybody own this digital camera...Kodak Easyshare DX6490???

disneygirl1977k

Mouseketeer
Hi guys,
Ok after shopping and shopping and shopping around for digital cameras, I went to circuit city and looked around the other day and have absolutely fallen in love with this camera, I have read the reviews and I really want to get this, however, I would like some personal reviews from anyone who actually owns this camera and tell me what you think of it, easy to operate, picture quality, that kind of stuff......any info. you could give me would be great....thanks.
Kristy

I have this camera and love it! I originally just got the camera and since have added the dock to charge the camera and print pictures. The quality is awesome and we have had a blast printing out pics daily on trips, turning them over and using them as postcards to send to family. The camera is also small enough to carry easily. A couple of trips ago I found a really cute Mickey camera bag that attaches to my WDW fanny pack! Hope this helps in your decision!
Michele

I also have this camera.my dh bought it for me for xmas last year. I love it. I am a huge picture taker. Last trip to wdw i took 15 rolls of 35m film. Mine came with the charger dock.It takes great pics and very easy to use. I bought a small camera bag at walmart for next to nothing. I feel bad that I have very rarely used my 35 mm since I got this one. It's just so easy to use. This will be our 1st trip to wdw with it. I am hoping for good results!!! We took it to sesame place last year and gave it a complete work out and those pics are great, so I'm thinking I should be good for this year's vacation. I will bring my 35 mm also, just in case. But long story short, i love mine!

[i cant wait until our vacation[br]

:earsboy:

I have a Kodak Easyshare LS443-- the only difference is mine came
with the camera dock. I have had it for over 2 years now--I love it-
easy to use, takes great pics, fits in my purse. Buy it!

I have the Kodak cx7300 and I find the Kodak digital camers are great.Ive had no problem using them and there so easy to share my pictures through email.We have used other name camers and this is the best one sofar.The pictures turn out great and we just put a memory card in it and even on the lower settings the pictures we great. :)

We got it from Dell.com for final total of $254.00 (free ship/no tax)

I love it. The main difference is the picture quality vs. zoom. I don't use the zoom feature enough to warrant choosing the zoom over a 6.1 Megapixel photo.

4 Megapixel vs. 6.1 Megapixel

10x zoom vs. 3x zoom (optical)

It arrived at my house in just a few days. By the way, if you are looking for a backup battery, Circuit City has a maxell that is supposed to last even longer than the Kodak battery that comes with the camera. It only cost $20.00.

Good Luck! I love digital photography.

We bought the DX6490 June 29th of last year (day before birth of 2nd DS-- planned C-section) and LOVE IT. First of all, I am a total klutz, :crazy: and love the "substantial" feel of the camera. I always feel like I am going to drop or lose those itty bitty digital cameras!

The picture quality is fantastic (get compliments all the time), and the battery lasts FOREVER, and charges super-quick too. We got a bigger memory card (on sale at Best Buy) and it holds 180 pictures-- more than we ever take. I also love the ability to take short movies, and the sound on those is pretty good too. We don't have the dock as I prefer to order pictures online or take to camera shop & have them printed.

Anyway, just my 2 cents...

We own the 6490. Bought it 2 months ago as our first digital camera. I love it. We decided on it because of the 10x zoom and our kids playing sports half way across the fields. The picture quality can't be beat, and as our first ever digital-it was easy to figure out and use! I would recommend it to anyone! It is larger than most digitals, but I think it is easier to handle and the LCD screen is easy to see and decide if you have a good picture or not.

Mine's a slightly different model, DX4530 with the dock, but I love it so much that when I lost it last year on departure day-- ohyeah, that was fun, I ordered another one to replace it.

It takes great pics, is easy to print with straight from the camera or through the laptop. (DH likes to unload it like every five minutes. ;) )

I have had the 6490 for over a year. I take approximately 200pictures a day when I am out on tours and traveling. have never had a problem with it and the picture quality is superb.
I have had Pentax, Minolta and Nikon cameras in the past: but this Kodak 6490 is IMHO the best camera I have ever owned.
One of the things I like about this camera is the ability to use it with one hand only: you can focus, snap the picture while holding onto your chair at the same time. Plus this camera just feels right in your hand due to it ergonomical design and light weight.
have fun taking pictures.

I'm a Canon person myself, but when my MIL wanted my advice on what camera she should get, I looked into all kinds. I was really impressed with the Kodak Easyshare cameras. Very user friendly, rugged yet compact, and it feels good in your hand. The controls are in good locations and make sense. I have a Canon G2 and I really want the Canon Pro1S, but if I ever get a simple point-and-shoot digital camera, it will be one of the Kodak Easyshare cameras.

D4D

Edited to add: Of coure my MIL goes off and buys a Minolta that doesn't even have a automatic pop-up flash! Go figure.

I just got the DX7590 last month because my daughter-in-law and her mom and sister all have them and they love it.

I must be the computer jinx because I am having more problems with the software. I am running on Windows XP PRO. I have added names and addresses to the address book and when I hit the button to transfer the info to the camera, it says I do not have a camera connected :confused3

My nephew who is an IT person says he has had to remove Kodak's software off of a lot of computers becasuse of known issues when running on XP. Are any of ya'll having problems with the software?

I bought this camera because my other one was a Sony and their software was so difficult to understand. I was never able to upload pix to the computer using their software, had to use Roxio instead. The Kodak software appears to be extrememly easy to use. I love the fact that if I can get it to recognize the camera is hooked to the computer I would be able to email pix. I bought it so I could play with it some before our trip May 20.

Right now I'm so aggravated with the whole thing, I'm considering taking my 25-yr old Canon AE-1 which still takes great pics.

Sorry this is so long, but I needed to vent! Oh, and I did contact Kodak by email and am awaiting their reply. We will see. If anybody has any advice, I sure would appreciate it!!

Thanks.
And Happy Mothers Day, all you Disney moms!!

I got this camera for my bday last year and I love it! We took it to WDW with us last fall and it was great. I'm technologically illiterate, so it took me a few days, but it's really easy to use. The picture quality is great too, I use the 4mp setting all the time.

After MUCH research on Dh's part, we bought this camera right around the time it came out. I've loved it and used it almost daily. On our anniversary trip to WDW last fall, dh and I met a fellow on the boat to WL who worked for Kodak. He was using the SAME camera and loved it, as well. My only complaints have been with taking pictures in low light and with being able to see the LCD screen when out in bright sunlight. However, the ease of use and overall quality of the photos by FAR outway these criticisms.

I got the DX4530 for Christmas this past year. I had done my research and seen the issue some were having with the software and from what I got out of it was that there was some sort of bug at the software installation point. If you hooked up the camera to the computer before completing the software installation you could have some issues. When I got mine and opened it, there were stickers in several places on the packaging to install the software first before hooking up the camera to the computer. I did this and have never had a problem.

Get the camera, it's a great system! :goodvibes

I also have the LS443 with camera dock and love it! No problems with the software and Windows XP Pro.

The only thing is I don't think it is compatible with the newer DX models and the dock that you can also use to print photos. Does anyone know if that's true or not?

Also, I usually print my photos on my HP inkjet printer and it does an excellent job. I love to scrapbook and have started wondering if these pictures will last as well as those printed with a laser printer or at a professional photo shop. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Donna

donmil723 said:
I also have the LS443 with camera dock and love it! No problems with the software and Windows XP Pro.

The only thing is I don't think it is compatible with the newer DX models and the dock that you can also use to print photos. Does anyone know if that's true or not?

Also, I usually print my photos on my HP inkjet printer and it does an excellent job. I love to scrapbook and have started wondering if these pictures will last as well as those printed with a laser printer or at a professional photo shop. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Donna

I have the same camera, it doesn't work with the docking station that prints pictures. I think our model is the only one that doesn't. I have been uploading my pictures to Ofoto (now Kodak Gallery) and having them print them. I have been very pleased with the pictures. They have specials all the time and they get your prints mailed out very quickly.

I love the camera, I think it takes great pictures and it's really easy to use.

:sunny: My DD has a Fuji and some of her pics were printed at home on an HP printer, she has pics posted all over her walls and the ones printed at home are starting to discolor, turn dark almost like the polaroids. The ones from the stores look just fine. I am not sure if it the quality of the paper or what. Also I find it is really cheaper to print them at the store most places charge 29 cents each. The ink for the printers is expensive and runs out quick printing pics plus you have the cost of the paper.

New information if you haven't bought the camera yet, the Dell Home Store has the DX7590 for $449.00

From www.techbargains.com
DX7590 5Mpixel 10x optical zoom $449.00 - 15% off - $40 coupon = $343 - $50 rebate (Exp 5/31) = $293 shipped free. This is a great price on this camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter