Does anybody NOT make room requests?

I have never asked for a particular room but need non smoking and at AKL I pay extra for the type room I want.

It depends on a few things: who I'm traveling with (Mom is claustrophobic, so no elevators), how long is the trip (I can put up with more on a short trip), which resort (sometimes you can book the view/location as part of the booking process, so you don't need to make requests), and the time of year (I don't like to be far out at CSR or POR during the summer rainy season). The only thing I always request is non smoking (allergy issues). When I do make requests, I try to limit it to one or two general ones and I've only been disappointed once.

Like cdrn1 wrote, I never get requests. I stopped making them, no point in bothering. I used to try, but after about five trips with no requests ever granted, I got the message. Nowadays I decided to forget it and just let randomness rule. And it didn't matter if I checked in early or late, or if I was polite at check-in, or even the couple times when I nicely asked for another room, the answer was always sorry - we can't change your room. So nowadays, I just quietly accept whatever they assign, and I always mentally prepare myself for a room in the farthest corner of the resort near no pool, bus stop, or food court. And usually it is. Sigh. :(

But for some reason, POP always give me great rooms. Wonder why it's my favorite resort! :)

Like cdrn1 wrote, I never get requests. I stopped making them, no point in bothering. I used to try, but after about five trips with no requests ever granted, I got the message. Nowadays I decided to forget it and just let randomness rule. And it didn't matter if I checked in early or late, or if I was polite at check-in, or even the couple times when I nicely asked for another room, the answer was always sorry - we can't change your room. So nowadays, I just quietly accept whatever they assign, and I always mentally prepare myself for a room in the farthest corner of the resort near no pool, bus stop, or food court. And usually it is. Sigh. :(

But for some reason, POP always give me great rooms. Wonder why it's my favorite resort! :)

I usually do not make requests. Last trip we stayed at CSR. Because this is such a huge resort, I took some DIS advice and requested a specific building - and we booked over a year in advance. Not only did I NOT get the requested bldg., we were put in the farthest bldg on the top (4th floor)!! It literally took me 20 minutes to walk to the restaurant. For that reason, I will never stay at CSR again.
Just yesterday I booked our next trip at POP (first time staying there) and I was very happy to read you got a great room! We're not making any requests - just hoping for the best.:wizard:

I only ask for non-smoking at any resort we go to. Also at OKW, I usually ask for one of the sections furthest away from the main pool. It is usually quieter, except for the busses, and a closer walk to DTD.

We've never made a request The CM usually asks us for smoking or non and we choose non. I've never been unhappy with a room and I'm persnickety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter