Does anybody have the REAL 'Ohana noodle recipe?

jamieann

Mouseketeer
I LOVE the noodles from 'Ohana. I've found 2 recipes online. 1 with brown sugar, rice vinegar, pineapple juice, etc. and another with julienned red peppers and pineapple. I tried the first one tonight and they're fine but they taste nothing like 'Ohana. The 'Ohana noodles are almost dry, not saucy at all. Anyone - maybe a former 'Ohana cast member? - have a better recipe? The second one I found didn't look any more promising than the first.

This is the one I already tried. Doesn't taste like the real thing. Thanks though.

Anyone else have one?

I happened to be thinking of recreating the dish at home too and found your thread. I found an old thread from 2012 (lost it again now though) where the OP emailed to ask for the recipe. She got the one with the peanut sauce and emailed again. They sent her the updated recipe(no peanuts). I found the same recipe on a blog: http://www.magicalrecipes.net/ohana-yakisoba-noodles-recipe/

One DISer commented that the recipe made 2x the sauce she needed, so she suggested cutting it down. I would agree since it also sounds like a ton of sauce to me. The chef who emailed the recipe noted that it may need to be fine-tuned for home cooking since they cook in large batches.

I'm making an Ohana inspired meal this Sunday - pork dumplings, noodles, and grilled chicken. Was going to make bread pudding but since I am the only one in my family who will eat it, I am subbing it for another dessert - maybe sopapilla cheesecake (which is even more decadent)

I happened to be thinking of recreating the dish at home too and found your thread. I found an old thread from 2012 (lost it again now though) where the OP emailed to ask for the recipe. She got the one with the peanut sauce and emailed again. They sent her the updated recipe(no peanuts). I found the same recipe on a blog: http://www.magicalrecipes.net/ohana-yakisoba-noodles-recipe/

One DISer commented that the recipe made 2x the sauce she needed, so she suggested cutting it down. I would agree since it also sounds like a ton of sauce to me. The chef who emailed the recipe noted that it may need to be fine-tuned for home cooking since they cook in large batches.

I'm making an Ohana inspired meal this Sunday - pork dumplings, noodles, and grilled chicken. Was going to make bread pudding but since I am the only one in my family who will eat it, I am subbing it for another dessert - maybe sopapilla cheesecake (which is even more decadent)

I know this is old but how did the recipe work out? We are planning to make the Ohana noodles today. Thanks!

I think it was good but I don't remember now. Looks like I haveto makeit again! How was yours?

Came out pretty close! I halved the sauce, but even then, it was a bit too much. That's the only thing I would change for the next go around

The only noodles that I think will come close to the Ohana Restaurant noodles are the Maruchan Yakisoba Noodles and you can add the sauce you have and the vegetables and the seasoning packet that comes with the noodles. But it's worth a try if can find the Maruchan Yakisoba Noodles at your store

I'm going to be honest here. Those noodles are basically just lo mein noodles (buckwheat/soba) with some teriyaki sauce on them. Very simple to make at home. Buy some noodles in the Asian section of your supermarket. They usually come in a vacuum sealed pouch. Stir fry them in a wok with hot oil and gently toss with bottled teriyaki sauce of your choice. I like Soy Vey brand.

If you want to make your own teriyaki sauce, there are numerous recipes out there. I mix some pineapple juice, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and dark brown sugar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts