• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does any family & friends tell you that you visit Disney to much?

mckinley

DIS Veteran
When i was a kid i had the pleasure of getting to go to disney multiple times thanks to my grandparents. I always said that i would to give that chance to my daughter as she was growing up. We started taking her when she was 3yo. I myself get more excited than she does about going. But some friends and family says things like you are going again, you was just there. Anyone ever do that to you? If so what do you tell them?

After skipping Disney one year and going for a week at the beach in Delaware, my DH decided Disney was a much better value for our money. If anyone makes a comment, that is what we tell them - that we enjoy the magic and get a lot more for our vacation money...
Lynn

I get it from one friend of mine in particular. "Don't you want to take the girls somewhere else this time?" This particular friend spends a great deal of money skiing. The family of four has ski passes to a local ski resort (so do my husband and girls), but they also have both of their girls on a ski team. They also travel quite a bit in the winter to different ski resorts, many of which require hotel stays and the like. So my answer one day was something along the lines of "Don't you want to go somewhere where you can do something besides ski?" I'm not a skiier, she is not a Disney junkie. 'Nough said!

My mom, who was my very first enabler is actually the person who is the most vocal about our Disney trips. When she says anything, I just give her the look and then go on my merry way.

My DH's co-workers also probably think we go too often, but it doesn't seem to stop them from asking for tips ;)

And I totally agree with what a PP said. It is such a great value for the money! Especially when you have AP's.

Yes.

I almost considered lying to my coworkers about where we were going this year, but I can never contain my excitement hahaha

We hear it all the time. This is our 13th year of going to WDW. It's "what, don't you ever get sick of Disney", "you're going again?!?!?!", "Don't you know there are more vacationing places other than Disney", etc.

My response "where else can you be a kid again?" "Have you ever been to Disney" (9 times out of 10 they haven't) or my personal favorite comeback......

"I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs....it's my only addiction and I need my yearly fix--can you say the same?" quiets them down real quick.:lmao:

Actually I'm the one commenting about trips. My bil insists on taking his family a minimum of once a year - often twice. Week long trips staying at Wilderness Lodge with plenty of character dining.

I love Disney but his kids have never been on vacation anywhere except Disney.

My husband tells me that I talk about going to Disney too much!

YES! But with AP's and living 45 min. away it is hard not to:rotfl2: We just tell everyone that we are trying to get our monies worth:lmao: And that when they come visit they couldn't find better tour guides than DD's!

I actually looked at an Apple Vacations mega-cheap all-inclusive trip today and while I was checking out all the 'amenities', I said to my sister "Ok...so there's a beach, a pool, and a mall 20 mins away...do you want to go?"

and we both did this :rotfl2:

I don't require constant entertainment, but this does not sound like 'fun' to me. I don't drink, and I don't fare too well in the sun, so I really can't think of any reason why I'd consider doing that.

We took a Disney Cruise last year for our honeymoon, the 4day land / 3day sea and it was absolutely PERFECT. Not too much beach, just enough World. Perfect. (Mind you, Nassau was NOT a pleasant experience for us! But we spent the whole day on the boat, and it was wonderfullllllllllllllllllll)

I get this ALOT. And granted we visit disney 2-4 times per year (we live in NY so we fly and stay onsite) but this is what we LOVE to do. My daughter is now 6 & she said her first word at Disney World! The magic that we have seen through her eyes is worth every penny & I know that this trip will be the last one with her seeing things through a completely "innocent" eye. The questions have begun such as...why the characters can't talk, why the princesses faces look "different" LOL and how mickey can be in at 3 places at the same time :confused3

Why is it perfectly acceptable to go to the beach year after year after year? The beach is the same, the water is the same and the putt-putt golf is the same. Plus I get sand where sand should not go!

At least Disney has new rides, shows, etc.

Everytime someone makes a comment about Disney I ask them if the beach gets boring year after year. What new things have been added?

my family doesn't get it. As long as my kids do, I'm happy !

My family and friends think my husband and I are crazy for going so much. I point out to them that when you go to the world, you really do see the world! One trip to WDW takes you to France, Japan, the future, an African safari, Hollywood.....I could go on forever! Sorry to be so cheesy.

Yay! My first post.:)

We just took our second trip to Disneyland from Australia in two years and people really questioned us about going again. I really felt quite guilty and embarrassed and tried to not talk about it at work for this reason.

Well we have just returned and if there's anyway in God's plan for us to get back there again we will. We absolutely love the place!!! only we just said the other night we won't tell people. I know I shouldn't let other's opinions affect my happiness but I hate feeling like I have to justify myself. I really feel that unless you've been to Disney like lots of Aussies haven't, you can't understand the love and addiction, although friends have just returned from their first trip (also from Australia) and she said, yes they loved it but wouldn't go back again.

I live and breathe and Disney!!!!! Walt you have a lot to answer for!!!!! LOL

I hear it all the time..Yada Yada yada... However I have found WDW less money then a week at the shore...
Dh familys thinks a vacation is to drive 18 hours and vist family and sit in there house all dayboring!!!!!

Yes, I hear it too, but we can do Disney for much less than any other vacation, even driving to Myrtle Beach for a week..and believe me, that is nowhere as pretty as WDW!

Now, doing a Disney cruise on the other hand is not as cheap as going to Myrtle Beach, but once you go, unfortunately you are so hooked! DH really enjoyed it, it goes without saying that I did, and now DD only wants to do Disney cruises - even more than the parks!

We go to Disney 2 -3 times a year and are DVC members, okay sometimes 4x's:banana::banana:. We also ski and go other places like Hawaii for two weeks last year. I am a bargain hunter for airfare too!

We know people who own shore houses or go to the beach every year:lmao: and no where else. They say how can you go year after year don't you get bored. We say no every trip is different and we've meet so many interesting people Disney is our beach! Then they go oh..... they get it now.:rotfl2:

Everyone we know asks me for trip planning advice. So its good to be able to help others. :laundy:

When I told my sister that we were going to Disney again this year she said "I don't mean to be rude, but I thought Disney was supposed to be a special thing". Obviously she does not get it. I told her that it was our thing and we wanted to go as many times as possible while the kids still believe in the magic.

DH and I hear it from his family all the time.

He spent 20 years working for his dad for low wages and probably went on vacation w/ me and the kids 6 times in 20 years.

Now he owns the business and we go to WDW 4-6 times a year.

We just say that we're making up for all the lost years.

And where better than WDW??!!

My family all live in Florida - Sanford, just west of Titusville, & New Smyrna Beach. We hear it from them too.

"How can you stand going there? We hate Disney!"
Hey!! Them's fightin' words!! :mad:

I grew up in Orlando and got to go to Disney ALL THE TIME as a kid!!

I loved it then and I love it now. I'm glad the magic never left me like it did the rest of the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter