Does Any Bodey No How The People Own Ebay Get Those Cheap Pins

Actually, I meant the OP was trying to start something, not you, MommytoMJM. I think many people would respond the way you did.

The ones I am selling are not the "cheap" ones. I paid good $$ at Disney & on Ebay. They are really nice pins-I am just selling them cheaper to get rid of them so if anyone is interested PM me & you could get a really good deal!!! :cool1:

MommytoMJM said:
The problem with doing this is that it means you put junk on lanyards and take better pins off. Then those of us who are paying for and trading legitimate good pins can only get counterfits, knockoffs or Sedesma. This ruins pin trading for everyone. If you can't afford to buy the legitimate Disney trading pins (the 2-3 dollar a piece pones are fine), please find another hobby.

ok, my kids are new to pin trading, what is Sedesma? Is this something we don't want? Is it something easy to recognize?

I bought a set of 10 and 6 of them were fakes, but I have friends that always expect something from "The World" and well I can't afford to get them all something so some I give the fakes, I had a few on my lanyard because I liked them and have had people come up and ask to trade me for them and I don't want to be one to spread around knock-offs, but I've been known to give them away and just let the people know that I got them on Ebay and they aren't official

=overplanner does any body know where to get realy cheap whole sail pins.i dont care if their crapy are not.i just want to trade them for beter pins.........

Sigh...........

I'm a first time trader...have picked up some "NICE" CM and LE pins on ebay to trade with CM's. Sure hope the "crappy" pins aren't the only ones I see on lanyards. I've bought several pin lots and with shipping they were about $3.00.

If all I see are 'cheap and crappy' pins I'll just GIVE my nice ones to little kid traders and continue my Mickey pin collection online!!

fAnnF said:
I bought a set of 10 and 6 of them were fakes, but I have friends that always expect something from "The World" and well I can't afford to get them all something so some I give the fakes, I had a few on my lanyard because I liked them and have had people come up and ask to trade me for them and I don't want to be one to spread around knock-offs, but I've been known to give them away and just let the people know that I got them on Ebay and they aren't official
How did you know they are fakes?

Usually thae back markings show they are not right. If you have a look on pinpics.com they have almost all pins described.

BONITATIME said:
My recollection is august and january

That sounds about right, I know the last one was late summer, maybe the end of July, but it could of been August.

fAnnF,
You are the type of pin collector that we all love to see.
I also have some pins that are not true "Disney" trader pins. I bought them years ago from Sedesma before I started to trade pins.
I never used them to trade but I used to give them away. When I gave them away I told whoever I gave them to that they were not tradeable, but if they liked it they could have it. I had lots of themes, princess, Mickey and friends, etc. I let the person pick the one they wanted and told them they could take it to keep it but please don't try and trade it.
I used to really be big into trading and I spent thousands of dollars on pins.
Now I have pins that I don't even look at anymore because I bought every pin that came out from 2000-2004. I stopped buying pins when I got sick.
I have been going through my pins a few at a time and will probably post most of them on ebay within the next few months.
I know I will never get what I paid for my pins, but I only hope that someone will buy them and keep most of them for themselves. I would love to see a new trader who collects get most of what I have because they are older pins and harder to find now and I want someone to love these pins the way I loved them. Peggie

I was at the Disney Store by me yesterday and the had pins for $2.99. They were corspe bride and halloween pins. So you might want to check your Disney store. I got a cute pooh bear in costume and a minnie dressed as a witch.I would have bought more but I already ordered about 20 on ebay to trade :)

I think that I like to buy a lot or set of pins on ebay becasue the ones that I buy at the park, I want to keep. So I need to purposely buy ones that I will want to trade. Even after saying this, after the lot came I was like "maybe I'll keep this one" :rolleyes:

Oh my goodness, I just found this thread, things are not always what they seem. My DD , or not so darling, started the thread, I had no idea. I am sorry for the trouble and worry she caused. I didn't even know she knew how to post. And no, we don't but scrappers, sedesma, or propins.

overplanner said:
Oh my goodness, I just found this thread, things are not always what they seem. My DD , or not so darling, started the thread, I had no idea. I am sorry for the trouble and worry she caused. I didn't even know she knew how to post. And no, we don't but scrappers, sedesma, or propins.

:scratchin

If this is true, then this is not the only thread she's started that's suspicious!

Thread

GoofyBaby said:
:scratchin

If this is true, then this is not the only thread she's started that's suspicious!
Oh come on, give me a break. So what if her DD started another thread, it's not like the world is going to come to an end over it. There are plenty of kids that have started threads just like that one.

After all this is the Disney board so let's have some Disney spirit!!! :grouphug:

rapriebe, please lighten up. You misread my post. I thought it was funny that the DD did that and was just pointing out another thread she started. I was not being condescending - I thought it was rather funny! :rotfl2: This is where online communication shows its weakness - it can be difficult to tell what context people are using in their posts, the way you misread mine, so you might want to think about that before you post in the future.

I am all about the Disney spirit, by the way! :wizard:

GoofyBaby said:
rapriebe, please lighten up. You misread my post. I thought it was funny that the DD did that and was just pointing out another thread she started. I was not being condescending - I thought it was rather funny! :rotfl2: This is where online communication shows its weakness - it can be difficult to tell what context people are using in their posts, the way you misread mine, so you might want to think about that before you post in the future.

I am all about the Disney spirit, by the way! :wizard:
Sorry GoofyBaby but I thought your post was totally out of line also. I agree with rapriebe and perhaps you should read your own posts before you submit them. Yes, online communication can be tricky at best so you need to be more considerate before you respond. What might be funny to you, might not be funny to others. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter