Does anbody know why ?

visionsfantastic

Mouseketeer
I have been watching old YouTube videos of spectromagic and noticed in 2008 the puppet like guys in the intro stopped wearing the light up masks and just had there normal faces .. Does anybody know why this is ? Why they took the masks of ? I personal think they looked better with the masks ? It's bugging me I need to know lol

I know! I liked the masks too. At that time, I read that some children found them frightening. I don't know if that's true or not....
Now I'm missing Spectromagic more than ever!:sad:

My guess is that the ones they had either broke or needed costly repairs. Disney probably didn't want to spend money making new masks (maybe they don't have the original molds to make new ones?). It was easier just to use white face paint, which they already buy and had on hand.

They frightened people too much is the story I've heard the most.

Yep, those guys really spooked a lot of people and were the number 1 complaint about the parade. To me, the fix to no mask and lighted hair made them even stranger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter