• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Airtran always notify you of flight change?

Flyerfan

Hockey lovin' OLTL addict with a deep desire for D
I got one email several weeks ago from Airtran with a change in time and accepted that. I just went on the Airtran website and noticed the time changed again. I didn't receive a notification of this but I'm OK with the change. Do they always send the emails when the time changes?

I've always had them send an email of time changes, but not always right away. My flight in May was changed by about half an hour & I saw it on their website that it had changed, but I didn't get the email notification of the time change for another 2 weeks.

No. Sometimes I have had time changes for flights many months in the future and I have not received an email. I watch my flights online to make sure if there is a time change, that I am okay with it.

not always, we have had many changes to original flight time over the years. I can honestly say we have been notified twice out of approx 8/9 trips. I try to keep up with it myself and call if I need to.

Yeah I just went to check on my flight earlier today and found out my flight had changed... I am not happy at all with the change.. Do the flights ever change back to what they were originally suppose to be?

Yeah I just went to check on my flight earlier today and found out my flight had changed... I am not happy at all with the change.. Do the flights ever change back to what they were originally suppose to be?

I've never had a flight go back to original departure time, close but not exact. Review your available options & call them. We have always had good luck changing to a flight that was more advantageous, Good luck:wizard:

I've never had a flight go back to original departure time, close but not exact. Review your available options & call them. We have always had good luck changing to a flight that was more advantageous, Good luck:wizard:

Don't they charge you for changing the flight? I've never flown Air tran before but they had the best prices for the dates I wanted so I pretty much have no idea about airtran

Thanks everyone. So far I'm OK with the change. The good thing is it's our Orlando departure that keeps getting later. More time at WDW our last day!!:banana::banana::banana:

We recently flew to Miami on Delta and when our flight times changed by more than two hours my husband called and we had the option of changing flights, (once) because of the change, with no extra charges.

Does Airtran ever let you change departure cities? We are half way between 2 airports and when I booked Airport "B" had better departure times for our needs. Now they've changed those departures to 45 minutes later (never received e-mail notification) and the return flight has changed by 35 minutes later also. They now have a non-stop from Airport "A" that wasn't there before and is at a more convenient time, so I'd like to switch airports if possible. Anyone have experience with this type of change?

Don't they charge you for changing the flight? I've never flown Air tran before but they had the best prices for the dates I wanted so I pretty much have no idea about airtran

No there is no charge to change flights when they have changed a flight time. You can even choose a flight on a different day for no cost, we've done it.

For the person that asked if you can change airports - I do believe you might be able to - because when 2 people in our group had a time change, and they were trying to find a better option, they called to see if they could leave from the same airport on a different day, or leave the same day from a different airport. While on the phone with Airtan, when they brought up about changing airports, they were not told that no, they couldn't. However, they opted just to change the day of the flight, so I'm not sure if changing airports would have been allowed had they opted to do that instead. But they weren't told no right off the bat when they suggested it.

TaraP is right, no charge when AT has changed the flight.

I have changed airports when a flight change has occurred. We are halfway between 2 major airports, AT so far has been willing to make the changes that I have asked for. HTH:goodvibes

Does Airtran ever let you change departure cities? We are half way between 2 airports and when I booked Airport "B" had better departure times for our needs. Now they've changed those departures to 45 minutes later (never received e-mail notification) and the return flight has changed by 35 minutes later also. They now have a non-stop from Airport "A" that wasn't there before and is at a more convenient time, so I'd like to switch airports if possible. Anyone have experience with this type of change?

I tried to switch a flight time that changed from FLL last summer, they were inflexible as to moving it more than a few days but said we could book nearby airports. Booking AT has often worked in my favor as to flexibility to change things around. I had actually hoped that the time would change as we were going on a cruise and their rates had dropped substantially on same sailing a month earlier. i was good with just getting a full refund on my CC. then wound up rebooking cheaper flights overall w/AT-SWA.:)

i rarely receive notice re AT flights changing & they do up to the day prior Not sure how it's worked for others but does seem that since SWA has come on the picture that my flight changes have decreased substantially, only 1 on my October flight over a good 6 month period...but it was enough to move reward flight on initial connecting flight to NS home.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter