Does a MK shoot count towards the $7500 escape min if its on a different day?!

No. Maybe if you are doing all Disney photography, but no. Slightly annoying as we had a morning ceremony and, although first looks are becoming more popular, it's a widely held convention that the couple not see each other beforehand, so for us the time day of would have been insanely tight AND we would see each other.... :confused3

I may be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time, but I thought that anything which you wanted to count towards your minimum (Escape or Wishes) had to take place on the day of the wedding.

Ours did! We got married on February 15th this year and had our portrait session on the 16th. Our final budget ended up being 7585.00, which I'm VERY proud of lol.

The way it goes (so I understand) is that a Magic Kingdom portrait session on a different day only counts if you are using Disney photography for your wedding as well. If you aren't using Disney photography, the portrait session will not count if it's on a different day.

Arr yes, now that you have said that, I think you are right!!
I think the Op was planning on trying to book Randy, so if she had Randy and a Mk session on a different day to her wedding, it wouldn't count towards her minimum, right?

We had a wishes wedding so it could be different I suppose for escape brides, but yes, all in the same day UNLESS using Disney. I don't think that prevents you from utilizing a second, outside photographer, perhaps that figured into OPs plans? Having said that, I would be nonplussed to find that some folks out there had it apply on a different day, if only because things can be so.....uneven sometimes as they float down from high atop Mt DFTW
:surfweb:

We are having an Escape wedding on 8 November this year and have an MK shoot booked for the following day. I checked with my planner whether or not the shoot would count towards the minimum and she confirmed that it would....so as far as I am concerned the answer is yes!!

Claire sweetie - Are you having DPS photograph everything or are you having an outside photographer to actually shoot the wedding?

I am having DPS there as it's part of the package but have also hired David and Vicki Arndt which Disney are aware of. Sorry if the information I have been given is wrong and I've misinformed you. As usual it seems everyone is being told something different by Disney!!

No no don't apologize, as I think it is I who is muddled!! Of course, with an Escape, it doesn't matter whether you have an outside photographer or not as DPS will still be there!!! It would seem then, from the information you have been given, that a MK shoot whether it is on the wedding day or not, counts towards your Escape minimum. Right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter