Does 8 ounces still= 1 cup?

??? Are you talking about the cars speedometer? What kind of car does he drive?

I probably have no business saying what he drives, but yes I meant the speedometer. The mph readings were white on black.

Wasn't made for the Canadian market then. Those have the KPH as the primary scale, with MPH secondary (if at all).

Wasn't made for the Canadian market then. Those have the KPH as the primary scale, with MPH secondary (if at all).

My BIL lives in the Seattle area and we drove to BC. It was a US-spec car. The kph markings were the secondary scale on the inside - way inside. It was like they were trying to hide it.

Not really surprising, then. I doubt that the average American spends that much time driving on metric roads. My car's speedometer has no MPH markings. When we drive in the States we set the GPS to show our speed in MPH just for the duration of the trip.

Like I said earlier - we have absolutely no problem being "freezing" when the AC is set to 72F and sweaty hot when it is 80F. That's only an 8 degree range between extreme levels of comfort - yet we still don't feel a need to introduce half-degrees in order to define our sweet-spot.

Having 35 different degrees to define the difference between freezing and a hot 95F is more than adequate when you are looking at atmospheric conditions. You actually only need 6:

1) Winter parka Weather
2) Sweater Weather
3) Windbreaker/sweats Weather
4) T-shirt weather
5) Shorts Weather
6) As naked as the law allows weather

There's an exception to every rule . . . it was wicked hot, probably 40 or more.

1342902911_lawrence-of-arabia-movie.jpg

Yeah, most cars are set for the country they are intended to be sold in. Our last car in the US both had MPH in large numbers on the outside and KPH much smaller in the inside.
Our first 2 cars in Germany were just the reverse of htat.

Our newest car is pretty cool. It is all digital and you can set it to KPH or MPH. You can also go in and set it to change things like the angle of the headlights for right hand drive or left hand drive, etc (was awesome when we took the ferry over to England).

With the dark on dark that was so hard for the person to see--I wonder if you can go in and change the settings so that THAT are is better lit and brighter and then the MPH would be dimmer? I have seen some cars done that way over in Europe. If you're likely to drive in the different system again, you may want to check the owener's manual to see if there are instructions on how to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter