Documents today for May 27th sailing

Mr. Bill

Bill's Surrogate Granddaughter Devina
‘Received my documents today for the May 27th sailing of the Wonder!!

The drum roll has started!

I hope my Blue Cross Blue Shield covers me if I burst from the excitement!

My soon-to-be eight-year-old traveling companion is simply bouncing off the walls.

Bill

Congrats on receiving your docs. It makes it seem that much more real doesn't it? Enjoy your cruise. - Mike

Congratulations Bill and Devina on receiving your docs. I'm waiting to hear some WONDERful reports when you return from your cruise!!!

Have a WONDERful time!!!

My soon-to-be eight-year-old traveling companion is simply bouncing off the walls.

Bill [/B]

LOL! Well...I've got a few years on your travelling companion and I'm BOUNCING off the walls, too!!! Have a great cruise!!

:jumping1:

I haven't put my documents down yet. I think I've read through them all at least 5 or 6 times. Bill, is Devina planning on spending any time in the kids club? My DD Casey will be 8 within a month of our sailing and I think she wants to be in the lab. She's been watching the DCL promotional video and when she heard that dinner at Tritons was dressy, she started looking through some catalogs and wanted to order a gown for that evening. Luckily, I found something in clearance for her, but she insisted on getting the matching hand bag and silver shoes. She's also been going through her summer stuff and only picking out clothes that look like the Bahama's to her. I have no idea what that means, but she's got a pretty good size pile going.

It will be interesting to compare trip reports when we get back. I think that I'll have my kids write one from a teens point of view also. My oldest daughter has a voice recorder that she uses in college, so I'll ask her to bring that along. I'm picturing myself on the verandah, sipping a drink and making notes.... ahhhhh:goodvibes

We are booked for the same cruiseMaybe we will run into each other. We are going for 4 days at WDW first. Only down side is hubby may be deployed during the middle of our trip.:( We are keeping our fingers crossed that the Air Force will push his departure date back a week. Otherwise its mom and the 3 boys going alone.

Welcome aboard Bethipooh4 ~ I hope that your DH will be able to enjoy the whole vacation with you. How old are your boys? My son is 14 and we're meeting up with my Florida cousin (an Air Force reservist) and her two son's are 13 and 10.

So far, it only looks like a few of us Dis'ers are on the May 27th Wonder, but we'll definitely have to pick a time and place to meet each other. Don't know when everyone is arriving on board, but maybe sometime around the Bon Voyage Sail Party?

Tammi

Hi Tammi,

Still no word on the hubby going with us or the AF, and time is ticking, maybe by the end of this week we will know. Sons are 21, 14 and 7. Our countdown has begun....:Pinkbounc

It would be great to meet up with you!

Beth,

Your children's age differences are close to mine. I have a DD(18), DS(14) and DD(nearly 8). We're going to WDW for 2 days after our cruise.

Do you have any excursions booked for the Wonder? DD(18) and DH want to go snorkeling while we're in Nassau, so they've signed up for the Catamaran Sail & Snorkel. She also just realized that she is legal in the Bahama's and now she wants her dad to take her over to the Atlantis to gamble. DS(14) is interested in seeing what the teens area is like and youngest DD thinks she'll like to hang out in the lab. My plans are just to relax.

Check in before you take off for your trip and we'll pick a time and place for us all to meet.

Pixie dust that it all works out for your families trip :wizard:

Tammi

Bethipooh4 welcome. Me and my family will also be on the May 27th cruise. I have 3 children. My son is 15 and my 2 daughters are 11 and 9. I am so excited and nervous about this trip. Hope to meet all you wonderful people on the cruise. See you all in a Fewwwwwwwwwwwww days

We had the stingray city snorkle tourin Nassau booked but now I think I am going to cancel it the trip looks long and the water way too deep (6 to 16 feet) and we may hang out on the ship and relax. Our eldest has been counting the days to gamble and drink. Our 14 yr old is signed up for the teen cruise that night, and the hubby and 2 eldest are parasailing in CC. NOT ME...lol
We are spending 4 days in WDW before the cruise:earsboy:

There was no way that I was doing a snorkel trip. I've had only one previous experience and it was not pleasant. I'm afraid of fish and pretty much just hyperventilated through the whole thing. Meagan(DD18) is in school for marine biology. Her and my DH both love this type of stuff, so they are the only ones going. Colin(DS14) decided that he'd wait until Castaway Cay to try his hand at snorkeling and renting one of their boats. He didn't sign up for the teen cruise, not really his thing. Have you checked out this website yet www.castawayclub.com ? They have Navigators all scanned in from a trip in April and it gives a pretty good idea of what's going on for each age group. I plan on taking my youngest DD for a walk through downtown Nassau and then getting right back on the ship.

I've seen a few news reports where the lines have broken on the parasails, so now I'm too chicken to even try that. There is another excursion that is available on Castaway Cay that you can only book once you board. It's an eco-tour of the island on jet skis. Meagan and DH want to sign up for that one too.

I'm pretty much picturing myself all alone on a lounge chair, or hammock enjoying a nice cool drink while everyone is off doing their thing. I like it.

Good news.... good news......

As of right now it looks like the Dh is going with us. He is still deploying but at a later date. We are still sad he will be going overseas, but thrilled he can take leave and go with us!!!!!
Thanks for the pixie dust Tammi, it must have worked!
10 days to go, keeping our fingers crossed.
I am looking forward to meeting all of you.
Beth

:bounce: :earsboy:

Beth, I'm so happy to hear that your DH will make the family trip.

For Beth, Mr. Bill, Evergreen Mom and anyone interested in meeting, maybe we could hook up either right before the sail away party or right after. The navigator shows it going on from 4:30-5:15 on deck 9. Let me know what works better and we'll pick up a time and spot so we can introduce ourselves.

Tammi

I think it would be great for us to meet and do the sail away together! Unless we get upgraded, we will be in 6583. We plan to get onboad about 11:30 or 12:00. I'll check voice mail in the room to see when & where we will meet.

I'm bringing a bubble making "gun" and soap. Devina thinks I'm bringing it for her ... well, I might let her use it some!

If everyone brings bubbles we could have a dramatic send off!

Really looking forward to the trip. Meeting all of you online has enhanced the excitement.

Bill

I can't wait to meet you all either. We are going to try and be at the Port around 10 or 10:30 that morning. We are staying in stateroom 8064. Anytime would be great for us to meet.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc . See you all in a few days:wave2: :wave2:

I am so excited I am going crazy.:earseek:
Looks like we may be the last ones onboard, we are in 2 rooms, but DH and I are in 2014, with the boys across the hall. From what I have read we will be leaving the CBR or AK around 12-12:30, since we have a 4 night disney stay first, not getting to the ship till after 1. But it's OK, we all cruise together.
Love the bubbles idea, what a picture this is going to make.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

If we should miss each other ….

Devina & I are easily identifiable:

She’s young (8), slender, pretty, dark hair & dark skinned .......

I’m not!

Bill
:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter