• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Documents here! Common Grounds ?'s

bhaz

Earning My Ears
Our documents for our 5/19 land/sea trip arrived today:bounce:

I am guessing that if we purchase a refillable drink mug for the kids, DD14 can use it for soft drinks in Common Grounds-but I was wondering how much to expect for the cost of the other drinks. She loves flavored coffee, so I figure I need to have a talk with her about the costs and self-control before she ever gets loose in there!:earsgirl:

Thanks for your help-these boards have been great for information for our first cruise ever!

bhaz

i went on the 7 day cruise in 3/2-3/9 and i loved common grounds!! the smoothies and things like that costed 3.50. im not positive if they sell coffee but if they did i think it cost that much. if you have any other questions about commoin grounds ask!!

p.s. the strawberry dakaries (i dont know if i spelled that right) were really good!!!

:bounce: :bounce: Colleen :bounce: :bounce:

This doesn't help with your Common Grounds question, but just FYI - - Even if you order flavored coffees in the dining room it will cost you. Seems like it was $3.75 or so. Can't recall if that was before or after they added the 15% extra. Just keep in mind that unless things have changed recently, only their regular and decaf are included at no charge. So it can add up quickly.

Thanks for your help. I'm sure she will do ok with her spending-just doesn't hurt to remind them that not everything is free.

Did you do the Wild Side Adventure on Castaway Cay? She is signed up for it, and was wondering how it was.

I am sure she will come up with some more ?'s, but she just got back from an academic team competition and is too tired to think of any right now.

Thanks again!
bhaz

:wave:

We just returned from a 4 night cruise on the Wonder (3/31-4/4). My 14 year old son really liked "Common Grounds". He liked the counselors and the planned activities. He's not super outgoing, so I wasn't sure if he would participate in the teen programming, but he surprised us. :-) Actually, we didn't see him much...he was too busy doing things at Common Grounds.

Some nights they had a bartender in the club making non-alcoholic smoothies. DS was allowed to charge no more than two smoothies per night. He had a soda pop mug, so he could step out of Commons Grounds and get it filled at one of the nearby bars (by either the Goofy or Mickey Pools).

Note: Even though Common Grounds is called a "coffee house", there is no coffee there. The coffee machine is broken...so is the jukebox. :-( The PS2's do work, however, as well the TV's.

Regards,
Robin and Dan

OOps! (I hit the send button too soon!)

Our son really enjoyed the Wild Side Adventure for teens on Castaway Cay, too. They saw parts of the island that we never had a chance to see. They snorkeled, kayaked and biked. (The biking part was a ride down the airstrip runway on the island.)

Regards,
Robin

Thanks Sanman. I appreciate the info and I like that 2 smoothie a night idea. Just can't wait to go now!
bhaz:cool:

if your goin on the 7 night there r even more activities then the 4 day!! when i went on the magic the jute box (?) was workin fine!! the bartender didnt come in at night but the counselers knew how to make all the drinks and they were good!(and we could have them any time we wanted) the counselers were really cool and there are alot of cute boyz!!;) the wild side is alot of fun and you do alot!! also, dont miss the dances!! any other questions please ask!!

:bounce: :bounce: Colleen :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter