Doc and Sofia Debuting at Disney Junior - Live On Stage

Now I'm hoping that Hollywood and Vine ditches Little Einsteins and Oso for these two by May. That would be sweet.

Just made reservations.

I agree, mattsdragon. We have reservations at H&V for late April simply because 4-year-old DS loves Jake so much. It would be great to see Doc and Sophia as well.

I don't seem to have the only boy who likes Doc, but I might have the only one who likes Sophia! I don't know precisely why, but I think it might be that it's the first show he's seen from the very beginning.

That's exciting, however I'm hoping that they keep Manny at H&V until the end of the year. But it would be great if they could add Doc/Sophia to that!

My DD6 is still just as in love with manny as she was at 4.5 when we went.

Jays2013 said:
I agree, mattsdragon. We have reservations at H&V for late April simply because 4-year-old DS loves Jake so much. It would be great to see Doc and Sophia as well.

I don't seem to have the only boy who likes Doc, but I might have the only one who likes Sophia! I don't know precisely why, but I think it might be that it's the first show he's seen from the very beginning.

Your definitely not the only one with a boy obsessed Sofia.... My 5 year old guy has watched yesterdays new episode about 4 times already.

This is great. My dd is going to love the show. She absolutely loves Doc and if they change the characters at Hollywood and Vine to include Doc and Sophia we will definitely be doing that. We are going the end of August. Will keep watch for that

this kinda annoys me, while my youngest does like Doc, neither like Sophia and I feel like this is leaning more to the girls then to both genders.

Bummer, we go in 2 weeks!!

Doc and Sofia are her faves...are they anywhere else in the parks yet?

This is great. My dd is going to love the show. She absolutely loves Doc and if they change the characters at Hollywood and Vine to include Doc and Sophia we will definitely be doing that. We are going the end of August. Will keep watch for that

Oooh, hadnt even thought of that. If they add Doc and Sophia, we will make a special trip back, for later this year.

any word yet on whether they will have any soft openings of the show before they open 2-14, we are going there on the 12th, and I really hope its going by then.

HuskerFaninIL said:
That's exciting, however I'm hoping that they keep Manny at H&V until the end of the year. But it would be great if they could add Doc/Sophia to that!

My DD6 is still just as in love with manny as she was at 4.5 when we went.

I hope they keep Manny at H&V. We have reservations and a very excited little boy looking forward to seeing him.

I am so bummed about this....adding 2 girl shows to Live on Stage is really leaving the boys out. Yes, I know that they have Jake, but adding 2 princess like shows puts it over the top. I know my 6 year old was at the cusp of not wanting to do this anymore, and now, he won't for sure. Why not leave at least one of the other (Little Einstiens or Handy Manny) to appeal to both genders?:confused3

I like Doc (she's helping Niles the Crane - LOL - even as I type), and I really think the show is gender neutral. Nice mix of male/female characters, and the "lessons" are gender neutral, too. Just because the lead character is a girl doesn't mean it's a "girly/princess/girls only" show.

I am so bummed about this....adding 2 girl shows to Live on Stage is really leaving the boys out. Yes, I know that they have Jake, but adding 2 princess like shows puts it over the top. I know my 6 year old was at the cusp of not wanting to do this anymore, and now, he won't for sure. Why not leave at least one of the other (Little Einstiens or Handy Manny) to appeal to both genders?:confused3

I don't consider Doc McStuffins even remotely close to a Princess show. just because the main character is a girl doesn't make it a "girl show." Just like I don't consider Jake a "boy show."

karly05 said:
I like Doc (she's helping Niles the Crane - LOL - even as I type), and I really think the show is gender neutral. Nice mix of male/female characters, and the "lessons" are gender neutral, too. Just because the lead character is a girl doesn't mean it's a "girly/princess/girls only" show.

RachaelA said:
I don't consider Doc McStuffins even remotely close to a Princess show. just because the main character is a girl doesn't make it a "girl show." Just like I don't consider Jake a "boy show."

+2. Doc McStuffins is definitely not a "girl-only" show to me. If girls AND boys don't see it that way, why should we? Besides, Stuffy, Chilly, and all the other male toys (and her brother and his friends) get plenty of screen time. It's gender-neutral.

I agree doc is gender neutral. Some could argue that handy manny and jake are more for boys so keeping both would be unfair to the girls. I know my little last will be happy to watch any of them. X

I am sad to hear Manny is on his way out. I don't mind Doc, my son likes her alright, but Sophia just isn't a big hit for us unless there is a flying horse race involved. Her chit-chatting with her animal friends is when my son totally loses interest.

As the soon-to-be mom of 2 boys, I do think this is skewing more to girls, and really feel there is SO MUCH for girls already at all of the parks. Princess and fairy overload, IMHO. I am kind of thinking I will be glad when they are old enough for Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter