Do your kids....

No, they watch enough tv and videos on our two tvs that don't have cable. I know I could be better about limiting screen time, but if there are fewer screens it makes it easier to limit. Plus we use their bedroom for time out, so a tv would make that way too much fun.

No TV in room of DD9 or in my own bedroom. But there is a computer in my bedroom (not by my choice!) and DH has been known to watch a ballgame on it. I just can't sleep when there are screams, weeping, and/or laughter going on in the same room with me so I just have to toss him out of bed and make him go downstairs if he wants to watch anything else. Find me a TV show that I can sleep to and I'll be okay with TV in the bedroom.

In the interests of peaceful sleep, DD won't be getting a TV or computer in her room anytime soon. She can read with a flashlight under the covers like I did!

Nope, no TVs in the kids' rooms, nor will there ever be. We try to keep the TV time down in general. We've got one small TV in the family room with no cable, and that's it. They can have all the books they want, however. ;)

They had a tv in their room until about two years ago. We decided to remove it when we found them staying up past bed time. We have no intention on returning it anytime soon.

Mine do. They are 4 and 7. I always said No way, but that changed when we moved here. We moved from a 4 bedroom to a 3 bedroom. I decided since the rooms are bigger here, they girls would just share and we would keep the guest room.

That last all of a week I think. DD7 (then 5) was done with DD4 (then 20 mo), so she moved into the guest room. There was a TV in there, which I wasn't about to take out and put in storage.

There is no cable though, so no TV, just movies.

Then I got the Disney Princess TV and DVD set when they were clearanced at Target. I had it out in the garage for a good 6 months before putting it in DD4s room. We got to liking the one in DD7s room. We could watch Survivor or whatever (this was pre DVR mind you) and the girls could watch a movie and leave us in peace. As DD4 got older though and she is ALL princess and DD7 is all High School Musical, it wasn't working out so much anymore.

So, yes they have them!

my parents gave me a T.V. for my room with a built in DVD player in 2nd grade for a first communioun present, and when my brother was in 2nd grade got the same. I honestly love my T.V. in my room it helps me fall asleep at night.

but I don't not have a computer in my room and my parents don't allow it. I do have a laptop but it has to stay downstairs in public view for safety. my brother who is 9 has a computer in his room with no internet connection but he never uses it anyway.

Where is PAW? :rotfl:

Yes, my kids have TVs.

How else could they play violent video games? ;)

DS11 has a tv in his room but it's not hooked up to satellite. He can only watch DVD's. The tv has been in his room since he was prob. 6 yo. At one time (when he was 8 or 9), the PS2 was hooked up to his bedroom tv.

Last year, the PS2 moved to the basement television (so they can play on the big screen tv) but the DVD player is still hooked up to the tv in his room. We will not run satellite to the tv in his room b/c we want to know what he's watching to be sure it's appropriate.

My kids have tvs in their rooms. I have 3 & 4yo girls that share a room and my 7yo son has his own room. They have Tivos and they mostly watch the shows that I tivo for them. My 3yo watch Caillou over and over and over again.

My house is small, we don't a den or family room, my basement is unfinished and the room that was their playroom is under renovation. If we only had the tv in the living room it would nonstop bickering over who gets to watch what.

All my kids have tv's in their rooms. They didn't have cable at the old house but do now. They are 9,11 and 14. All but one has a computer in their room. Even though they have tv's in their rooms they highjack mine all the time. Even though they all have computers they constantly get on my laptop. 2 out of 3 of them have lost their remotes so just have the music channel on in their room. One has a dvd player/vcr combo that is never used and the other two have VCR"s and never use them. Honestly my all but one of my kids don't watch much tv at all. I think if you have access to something all the time you become bored with it and it loses its luster. My kids would much rather be in sports, read, play with friends and be on the computer then watch tv.

Both kids (dd 10 and DS 8) have TV's in their rooms. Neither is hooked up to satellite. DD has a DVD/VHS player. DS has a PS2.

Both girls don't have one in their room. My 16 DD admits she would watch TV and not got to bed or do homework.
It would also be covered with clothes anyway. :laughing:
My 13 DD watches TV in the computer room, it's like she has one part-time.

Neither do. DD14 has asked for one and been denied. She is a night owl as it is and would never get to sleep with a tv.

There is a tv with cable in the computer room which is next to the kitchen. That is the tv they can watch and 2 computers they use.

When they complain about sharing a tv or only having basic channels, I warn them that I will start telling stories about dh and my youth. Back in the days with no remote (but who needed it with only 6 channels), 1 tv for 11 people and rabbit ears. After hearing the stories they know not to complain.

My son has a TV in his room, but it isn't hooked up to cable, it is strictly for his video games systems so he doesn't tie up the one in the family room. He does have a VCR hooked up, but he doesn't usually watch anything on it unless we have company.

Yes, my twins (5) have a tv in their room but NO cable and they can only watch DVDs or VCR tapes.

This is because ever since they were very little they have been "chatterboxes" with each other. If they weren't quiet watching a movie, they would keep each other awake till who knows when just chatting. :)

So, they get a DVD at night and the sleep timer for 30 min. Works like a charm.

Both of my older two had Tv's bought for them at First communion time so 8 years old or so??
dd has a dvd player set up and never ever uses the tv. she always watches dvd's on her lap top.
ds 13 has a tv with an xbox and dvd player and full cable. all questionable channels are blocked.
ds twins 7. got the mickey Mouse set last year from grampy for thier birthday, they hardly ever watch it. they also have full cable anything questionable blocked. They are getting the ramone DVD player for christmas.

none of the boy's are allowed tv in bed or to fall asleep.

My DD10 has had one in her room for 2-1/2 years (birthday gift) but it's not hooked up to cable/satellite. It's only for DVDs. She doesn't have any gaming systems either. I think Santa will bring one of those NEXT Christmas. She's only allowed to watch her tv programs (in the LR) on the weekends/track-outs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter