Do your dogs watch TV?

If we're watching a news channel with a scroller along the bottom, one of our cats will sit right in front of it and watch.

He also seems to like Westerns...maybe due to us nicknaming him "The Dude" :confused3

I have a Sheltie, and she takes the herding instinct VERY literally when it comes to the TV. Any sporting events can only take place if Lucy is leashed. She thinks the baseballs, footballs, hockey pucks, etc. are heading right into the living room. If a ball heads for the outfield, she runs into the kitchen looking for it. If a player runs for the ball, she tries to help him by crashing headfirst into the TV. It's not pretty. :lmao:

My cat watches Mike and Mike in the Morning with me. I think he's getting information for his fantasy football team.

We have a Boston and a French Bulldog. The Boston doesn't watch it all. The Frenchie watches but if you say..."look Gus is watching tv" he will stop watching it.

My border collie will watch intently if there are dogs or horses on TV - she doesn't attack the TV or anything but will sit on the end of my bed and stare at them. She loses interest if there is a commercial or if there are no animals. My Lab is uninterested.

I had a cat once that we suspected was the reincarnation of Elvis. There was a TV series on at the time that would play Elvis songs, and whenever that show came on - or whenever there were Elvis songs played on another show - he would run into the room, sit very close to the TV and watch. I think it was the music, not the action, because when they were just talking he would be bored.

Teresa

the only time our Yorkie notices the TV is when a doorbell rings he will run to the door and bark. What is really funny about this is that we have never had a doorbell so how does he know to go to the door to bark! We assume since he was a pound puppy, at some point in his life, someone had a doorbell.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. We don't have a doorbell either, and my dog ignores those on television, but he goes off over knocking sounds on TV and runs to the front door carrying on like the world is coming to an end, hackles up and everything. :rolleyes: Dork.

I have a Sheltie, and she takes the herding instinct VERY literally when it comes to the TV. Any sporting events can only take place if Lucy is leashed. She thinks the baseballs, footballs, hockey pucks, etc. are heading right into the living room. If a ball heads for the outfield, she runs into the kitchen looking for it. If a player runs for the ball, she tries to help him by crashing headfirst into the TV. It's not pretty. :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG thanks for sharing. That was hilarious!

My two kitty girls love to watch tv. My cat, Cleo, loves to watch cooking shows and "One Life to Live" and Caly loves watching football and "The Vampire Diaries"

My dogs couldn't care less about the TV unless they hear a doorbell or another dog bark. Then, they run to the door not the TV! :rotfl:

They do stare at me while I watch TV like hey you, pay attention to me not that box! :lovestruc

our lab, sushi, was a puppy when my husband would do the beggin' strips bacon call. every time the commercial would come on, her ears would perk up and she was looking for one.

we were watching american idol...the beginning of the season with the bad singers. one was so bad, she got up and walked up to the tv with her head tilted in a what the ?? look on her face. once she sat down, we hit rewind and she did it again. :happytv:

the cat, sylvester will occasionally watch something on tv. if it's a fast movement or something.

my mom's cat likes the lady that does stained glass on PBS. he would sit and watch her. i think it was her voice. once it was over, he'd leave.

a cat i had growing up liked tom and jerry. :rotfl:

My dog seems to watch but never gets into it.

My cat only watched one show: The Meerkats on Animal Planet. She would literally run into the LR and sit on the floor in front of the TV and watch. We'd get a ottoman & put in front of the TV and she'd watch the whole show until it went off. Then she'd get down and run off.

the only time our Yorkie notices the TV is when a doorbell rings he will run to the door and bark. What is really funny about this is that we have never had a doorbell so how does he know to go to the door to bark! We assume since he was a pound puppy, at some point in his life, someone had a doorbell.

Oh my Gosh, my dog does that too now that you mention it! And knocks.

Otherwise, the tv might as well not even be there. He doesn't ever look at it, even if other dogs are on it. Same with mirrors, I've noticed, he will look anywhere but at a mirror.

My sisters dog barks at dogs on tv, we think it's so funny since ours never does. He will even notice a tiny one who isn't making any noise (How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days). Also, he barked at Osama Bin laden when he was on the news.

My golden retriever comes into the room if she hears Ellen Degeneres' voice. She doesn't watch the show she just likes her voice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter