Do your children "complain" about which resort?

AdventurerKat

<font color=FF99FF>Cries in her Jello shots<br><fo
My son, he's only 4/almost 5, but our last trip we stayed at AKL which was doable because of a great rate and a split room with my SIL and niece. I loved it there and very much want to go back BUT...

Our Halloween trip, which just got back on after being touch and go there for a while, is going to be at POR. Actually, it started out half Pop, half POR but I decided not having to change rooms would be worth the extra $90.00. Anyway, I am telling him great news, we are at POR for the week, and I am really excited about this. His response? "We're not staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge? I want to stay there. I don't want to stay at Port Orleans."

What? Huh? You are going to Disneyworld kid!! What do you have to complain about.

Holy cow, have I spoiled him forever?????? Anyone else's kids express disappointment in where they are going to stay?

Hmmm...Do my kids complain about which resort we're staying at?

NOT UNLESS THEY'RE PAYING! :mad:

Plutolovr

Holy cow, have I spoiled him forever?????? Anyone else's kids express disappointment in where they are going to stay?

:D

I wouldn't worry too much. Kids love familiarity and being prepared for the trip. You'll have to get him used to the idea but I'm sure he'lll be happy at POR.

We have been booked at the Polynesian for ages, and we recently conisdered changing to AKL. My dd (7) almost had a nervous breakdown because she was so looking forward to the volcano pool. We ended up sticking with the Poly but I have no doubt that if we had switched she would have adjusted and loved the AKL.

My DD, who is now 5, would have a fit if I tried to stay anywhere else but the Poly. She has stayed at the CBR 3 times, the WL once, and the Poly 5 times. Her favorite is the Poly. Can't blame her for having great taste! Her dad kidded around and told her she we going to stay at the Allstars once and she started crying! She has no idea what the Allstars even is but she knew it wasn't the Poly. So I guess my DD is spoiled too but that's okay as I wouldn't stay anywhere but the Poly either! :)

My 16 year old complained the whole time we were at the Poly on this last trip because he didn't like it. We had transferred there from the YC. He wanted to know why we couldn't have stayed at the GF? I just finally told him stuff it and stop complaining.

Aah the ways we torment our poor children huh?

We've been taking her since she was 2. She never remembers staying offsite.

DD(12) could care less she just never wants to stay at ASSp, (she's not athletically inclined)!

Although give it a few years and if I tell her that's where all the teenage boys like to stay she'll be wanting to stay there! :teeth:

Our 2 DS's now 14 and 19 have told us repeatedly when we plan trips (They have been going since they were babies). We will not go if we don't stay at Fort Wilderness. We have said several times let just stay here or there. No way, no how. They love it there even now at the ages they are.

Originally posted by plutolovr
Hmmm...Do my kids complain about which resort we're staying at?

NOT UNLESS THEY'RE PAYING! :mad:

Plutolovr

LOL Plutolovr. Perhaps I shall ask him how much he thinks he has in his piggy bank for that!

this is a good one for you: my dd actually was not all for staying at the GF; she wanted to stay at "mickey's hotel"! (CR) LOL but soon as she saw the pool, she never said another word.

She's stayed concierge at royal palm and asked to go back to Sugar Loaf LOL "the people are nicer" she said, and she was right! but she also asked if we could go back to Mickey's Hotel, and so we are next trip in a couple weeks.

But when we were planning not to go at all this year, then asked DD if she'd rather stay at an all star or not go at all; she said "all star, definitely mom!"

i don't think it's an issue of spoiling...your guy is pretty little still to understand the difference between the cost in hotels he just knows what he likes! just tell him that you can stay at AK again another time, and ask him if he'd rather stay at the POR or not go to see mickey this year? I think he will warm up to the idea of the POR quickly.

good luck! and have a great trip
geek

Good grief, I have just the opposite problem!

DD6 last year at Wilderness Lodge says "why can't we stay at a Disney Resort, like we did last time" :rolleyes:

Hello!! We stayed at the All Stars :confused:

I am going to try to enjoy the upcoming trip and all the $$ we save staying at POP, the DISNEY, resort :crazy: :earseek:

Originally posted by YCFAN
He wanted to know why we couldn't have stayed at the GF? I just finally told him stuff it and stop complaining.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'd say "Well, OK, since you don't want to stay at the POR, I'll get a babysitter to stay here at home with you while were there!" ;)

I have been going to WDW since inception. When I married, my DW and I went 3-5 times annually. When our DD's (17 & 16) were born we continued to go about the same amount. I can honestly say since we have been taking them that they have never uttered one complaint regarding resort choice.

We rotate our resort choices between the four of us so they know they can always stay at their favorite resort soon. ::yes::

Originally posted by skiwee1
My DD, who is now 5, would have a fit if I tried to stay anywhere else but the Poly. ................................................................................................................................. Her dad kidded around and told her she we going to stay at the Allstars once and she started crying!

:eek: How can someone so young have such wants? Our first trips to WDW were in Moderate resorts and my kids could have cared less....all the pools have a slide and that's all they cared about. They were at WDW having a blast............if your child is that picky that young...the teen years ought to be interesting.
:eek:

My sister and my niece stayed with me at BWV last September and we had a such a magical trip that my sister upgraded their tickets and we made plans to stay a week over at Pop Century for this past March.

We all stayed at the same resort. My niece had a great time and also had a few cousins to play with, you would have never thought anything was wrong...on the trip home my Sister asked my niece if she had a good time...she said..."Well yes...I had a great time...but...I liked the other Resort with the big clown slide better. Why didn't we stay there, I thought we were going to be staying there, Why didn't we Mom?" So they all love any trip to WDW, but they do learn quick.

My DD, who is now 5, would have a fit if I tried to stay anywhere else but the Poly. She has stayed at the CBR 3 times, the WL once, and the Poly 5 times.

Wow 5 years old and stayed onsite 9 different times!!!!!
Will you adopt me???
I promise I won't whine if it isn't the Poly. I'd even settle for any moderate. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Grumbo

It's just my DD (13) & me, & we've been going since she was 6 (22 visits so far) - I always include her in the planning, but I give her moderate & deluxe choices & say it all comes down to available AP rates & our finances at the time. We were both afraid of value resorts:rolleyes: , but absolutely loved POP! When we first saw POR, we thought we'd NEVER stay there & now it's our favorite mod!:p We finally saved enough to try the GF, only to prefer YC/BC hands down!;) Currently, we're patiently waiting for Dec. AP rates in hopes of a WL stay - a resort we've both loved from our 1st visit there!:D I pity the man who marries her - he'd better LOVE the mouse!:sunny:

The only thing my two DS's have complained about it not staying long enough. No one wants to go back home.(including me)
Of course they have both heard my husband and I talk about the few times we went to the world when we were young and the cruddy places we had to stay, compared to the Disney resorts. But guess what? We didn't complain about those places when we were young because we were just grateful to be going on a vacation.::MinnieMo

Not my kids, but my DH! Kids and I are content to be at Values...actually had PC booked for $49 rate 12/18-12/28....and DH inquired as to why we aren't booked at the Dophin. Luckily we got great rates there, and then the e-mail code came, DD has admired and wished about WL, but never thought we'd actually be able to stay there...so now we are doing a split WL/Dolphin! I am not going to complain in the least as I love the Dolphin and am hopeful the easy MK access from WL will be awesome...but man, our total $$$$ would've only been $550! DS loves the CR for the monorail...but I think any future trips will be at the values. Def will be if the kids and I go on our own ever.

My children don't make the major decisions for our family. For some reason, they never have a problem with which Walt Disney World Resort we choose.

If my children ever 'threw a fit' or 'temper tantrum' over our choice of accomodations, we would NOT be going on vacation, we would be donating some of that money to a charity (Make A Wish comes to mind) and would not go again until they learned the value of being blessed. And I am TOTALLY serious.

If they are old enough to have a resort preference, they are old enough to learn that seflish behavior will result in less privileges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter