Do you worry about what people think?

I get nervous before I meet people, but it depends what mood I'm in really.

I am thinking about going to the London meet in May if I can make it, and will be going on my own....eek!
Will be nervous until I get there.

I suppose everyone gets a little nervous when going into an unknown situation for the first time.
But,like I said on the other thread, DIS meets are somewhat different. We all have one thing in common and that subject alone could fill up a couple of months at least!

I've never been to a meet yet where everyone wasn't chatting merrily away within a few minutes of arriving.

Fret not ladies all will be well. I take it you all know about the first rule of DIS meets? Always buy Kevin Stringer a beer. I believe it's hidden deep down in the DIS guidelines somewhere.

There is one thing to be concerned about - if you are going to the London meet, watch out for Shaun's (Bonzo) shirt. That truly will be frightening! ;)

Kev

I always get very nervous before meeting new people and will most likely be on the verge of throwing up in the car coming down :( I'll be at the Northern meet on my own too. I know what you mean about being called "standoffish", I get that too but it couldn't be further from the truth!!

I do worry

I will be at the meet on the 12th, and I have come to the point where I am as I am take me or leave me, too many other things in life to go through.

I am generally quiet, and may take a while to say anything

mushumadness said:
I am generally quiet, and may take a while to say anything
You'd better get over that, Anna. With all these gobby people about, you may not get a word in edgeways! ;)

Im fat....I am so nervous that people just look at me and think that by looking at me that they can judge my lifestyle. DH is always complaining that I 'put myself down' but I just cant help it and think that by the way I look people sometimes speak to me as they wish!!
This then makes me nervous and gives me low self esteem.....but I will be going to the Sheffield meet as I am pretty sure I wont be judged on how I look!!

Englands Disney Gang said:
Im fat....I am so nervous that people just look at me and think that by looking at me that they can judge my lifestyle. DH is always complaining that I 'put myself down' but I just cant help it and think that by the way I look people sometimes speak to me as they wish!!
This then makes me nervous and gives me low self esteem.....but I will be going to the Sheffield meet as I am pretty sure I wont be judged on how I look!!
I used to feel just the same about myself, i know how you feel.
my dh said that i always put my self down and couldnt take compliments either because i didnt believe they were true. Once you start taking a look at all your good points you will feel better about yourself! just remember no ones perfect and even those supermodels find fault in themselves.
Jeanette :hug:

Englands Disney Gang said:

If its any consolation, I'm fat too!! But I figure theres too many people in the world with real personality problems - I'm not two faced, I'm not dishonest, I'm neither prefudiced nor disloyal, If people don't like me 'cos I could do with losing three stone then that's their problem not mine!!

wilma-bride said:
After reading a couple of the posts on the DIS London Meet thread, it got me thinking that, although I am excited, I am quite nervous about the DIS meet on 12th March. I find it quite difficult to meet/make new friends and tend to over-compensate by being quite gobby when I first meet people :blush: I have also been told that I can come across as quite 'hard', which isn't me at all.

So, do you worry about what people think of you? How do you cope with meeting new people? Is anyone else 'worried' about the DIS meet? Am I just being daft?

It's one of the great things about getting older. You care less and less about what other people think. At the ripe old age of 50, I couldn't care less about what others think. It's their problem not mine.

As for coping with meeting new people. I'm kind of your typical chatty American....you know the kind...we chit chat with every stranger we meet. So it's really not a problem for me when meeting new people. And for some reason i've never had problems with things like interviews and high pressure situations like that. I'm not sure why that is, but it's always been true of me.

Regarding whether you're daft or not. No you're not. It's actually quite natural to be nervous about meeting new people. The only thing bad about it would be if you let it stop you from doing something. But since you're going ahead with the meet, clearly, you're not letting your nervousness stop you from living. So that's good.

I'm sure you'll have fun meeting the disers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter