Do you wish you had skipped ETWB?

It's a neat experience, and I would have done it at least once. My kids have been really into it (DS loves to play the Beast if he can get it), and watching them enjoy it does increase the magic.

Still wouldn't wait more than 20-30 minutes for it though. We usually try to get in line in the evening.

We loved ETWB. We went at night right after Wishes and had pretty much no wait. Both kids (DD5, DS almost 3) played a part and had a fabulous time with it. If it weren't for the kids, DH and I would probably not plan a return visit, but it was definitely worth seeing once for us just because of the technology. Visually, it was amazing. Adding in the kiddo participation, this was one of the highlights of our trip.

Sounds like a lot of you waited until nighttime to go...I'm thinking that may be the best idea for us. We only have 2 days at WDW and we're doing the other at DHS so I have to prioritize the princesses! Does Rapunzel only meet at the Town Square with the other princesses?

I enjoyed it so I wouldn't call it a waste of time. I don't have any kids either.

But I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it. If you have kids who love shows, the possibility of being actually in a show, or are big fans of Belle, then a longer line may be worth putting up with.

I'm glad I did it (no kids here) because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie. It was great to see the theming and go inside Belle's house, but I wouldn't do it again.

I don't know much about the ride, do they randomly select guests to participate or do you have to volunteer? My wife will absolutely REFUSE to go if she gets picked out of the crowd. Thanks everyone.

I don't know much about the ride, do they randomly select guests to participate or do you have to volunteer? My wife will absolutely REFUSE to go if she gets picked out of the crowd. Thanks everyone.

They mostly ask for volunteers and they almost exclusively focus on children. Every child who wants a role will have one (they even ask at the end if anyone else wants in). The one exception to this is the role of the Guards. They are played by two adult men, who are pulled from the audience.

When my husband and I went to see the show, and they asked for men to play the guards, I jumped behind him and started pointing at him. So the CM said, "You, sir! Will you play this part?". My poor husband had no idea why he'd been picked, but he's a good sport so he went along.

And that right there is why, even as an adult couple travelling without kids, I would NEVER have skipped seeing ETWB. It was worth it, just to see my guy up there with Belle. :rotfl:

So no worries, your wife will be perfectly safe.

Sounds like a lot of you waited until nighttime to go...I'm thinking that may be the best idea for us. We only have 2 days at WDW and we're doing the other at DHS so I have to prioritize the princesses! Does Rapunzel only meet at the Town Square with the other princesses?

That's probably a good idea.
If I had kid(s) that could handle staying out later, I would definitely wait until the evening. Since we were traveling with a 2 year old, getting there right at Rope Drop was the only option to avoid a long wait and still stick to a reasonable bed time. We also skipped pretty much all the attractions with height restrictions, so our MK list was fairly short.
It was definitely worth it. DS's interaction with Belle was adorable. He was very shy, and she told him that he reminded her of her friend Chip, and gave him a big lipstick kiss on the cheek.

I wasn't even happy waiting 40 minutes in the air conditioning for Tinker Bell, so I'm pretty sure I'd be pretty agitated waiting that long for ETWB in the heat, even though I enjoyed the show.
Even if the posted wait is still a bit long after dark, at least the weather should be cooler.

mesaboy2 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsdragon

considering I had to "play " the wardrobe, which required my singing like Joanne Worley from Laugh- In, yeah, I would have preferred we skip that particular attraction.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

Well, since she is the wardrobe, that makes some sense.

yeah, I know, thats why I mentioned her and not, say, Bette Midler ot another random celebrity.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

We've done it twice--once during New Fantasyland's dress rehearsal, and during EMH this past Sunday. It was definitely "worth it" both times, but it's not something I would spend precious morning ride time on. The first time, it was new and no one knew what it was so the wait was barely 15 minutes, and we'd gotten all of the Fantasyland rides (and meeting Ariel) out of the way already and were just killing time waiting for our CRT ADR. When we did it Sunday during EMH, we walked right in--literally. We stopped and talked to a CM around 8:30 when the wait time was posted as 30 minutes, and she advised to come back during EMH because "there's never any wait then." SOLD! It's definitely not something we'd do in the morning, even without a wait. It just takes too much time.

We are a family of 2, no kids, and we loved ETWB but Beauty And The Beast is our favorite Disney movie. It was a beautiful experience, the magic mirror is really cool and seeing the inside of Maurice's cottage with all the details was fantastic.

Would I do it again? Definitely. Will I participate on what I like to call The Mad Dash to ETWB right at park opening? No. I'd leave it to the end of the end, when most of the smallest kids were gone and the lines would be smaller.

We loved ETWB. Our DD4 is a dancer and loves to perform. She was the beast and took full advantage of being a star! Of course I got in trouble when my flash went off (I thought it was turned off). The show went on and our daughter will enjoy this memory forever.

We are a family of 2, no kids, and we loved ETWB but Beauty And The Beast is our favorite Disney movie. It was a beautiful experience, the magic mirror is really cool and seeing the inside of Maurice's cottage with all the details was fantastic.

Would I do it again? Definitely. Will I participate on what I like to call The Mad Dash to ETWB right at park opening? No. I'd leave it to the end of the end, when most of the smallest kids were gone and the lines would be smaller.

Same here, no kids. Would I do it again? Maybe if the lines were short. Not a priority though. If I had some young kids with us like my nephew or just even some other adults who never seen it, probably would if the lines weren't crazy long. don't know if it is worth a major line unless it was the last thing on your list to do.

I wish this hadn't been the first character my kids saw. They were terrified of Belle. However, the next character they saw (Donald) they loved. So, I just wish it had been someone who was less of a 'hassle' to see.

Plus on our first day this was to be THE very first thing we did. However, when we got back to FL it wasn't open due to technical difficulties....so all of a sudden (on our first trip!!) we had to figure out what to do next and kept going back to see if it was open yet.

We saw ETWB on our trip last week. We chose not to see it in the morning, but rather in the evening around 7:30. I think we waited about 30 minutes. I'm glad we did it once, but I don't think we'd do it again. DD got to be the wardrope, but really didn't do anything.
The picture at the end is so quick that I wasn't able to get a good one and the photopass was didn't turn out well either. I felt back for DD because Belle took her time with the kids before her, but then I think she was running out of time and the last few barely got to see her.

We will have two days at Magic Kingdom during our September trip. I think we will skip ETWB the first day we are at MK because crowd calendars for that day are at 3. We will spend that morning riding the other attractions in Fantasy Land. Our second day at MK is predicted to be a 1 crowd level (yay!) so we will save ETWB until that day. My daughter is 6 and I think she will enjoy having a part in the little play and meeting Belle of course but ETWB does not sound like something that is worth spending a really long time to see.

I don't necessarily wish we'd skipped it, but I definitely wouldn't make it a priority. We did this at night and did not have to wait. If we had had a long wait, I would probably regret it. For us, it was just okay. Even my DD 7, whose favorite princess is Belle, didn't think it was all that great. She did have a part in the show, which was the only thing that made it tolerable for me and DH. I just don't think there is that much to it, and I wish they had come up with something better.

If your child is shy and won't ask for a part in the show, honestly I wouldn't even bother doing it. Also, if meeting Merida is a bigger priority, skip ETWB and there first....

Nearly every night we were there it was no more than a 5-10 minute wait. So, if you can stay out later it is worth it. One time there was only 6 or 7 of us and we had to wait for more people to come in before we could see the show. The show is very cute and I even got to be a suit of armour. The magic mirror is great, I think we did it 4 or 5 times. I definitely wouldn't skip it, it's a great experience.

I'm the only one in my party who wants to do ETWB.
Trying to persuade dd,but she's not keen.

Ds(16),dd(20) do not like monsters Inc or turtle talk with crush or meeting characters.
So I think it's looking like we will be skipping..

Nearly every night we were there it was no more than a 5-10 minute wait. So, if you can stay out later it is worth it. One time there was only 6 or 7 of us and we had to wait for more people to come in before we could see the show. The show is very cute and I even got to be a suit of armour. The magic mirror is great, I think we did it 4 or 5 times. I definitely wouldn't skip it, it's a great experience.
We are going to try to stay late since it's our only chance to be there. I think nighttime will be our best bet. I went ahead and watched UT's video of ETWB on YouTube and it does look cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter