Do you wish you had a different home resort?

Home resorts?

• I like where I own, woudln't want to own anywhere else.

• I wish I had a different home resort.

• I like where I own, but wish I owned at another resort, too.

Results are only viewable after voting.

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
All this stuff about SSR and seven month availability in the future, etc. also has me wondering how many of us wish our home resort was different - especially, if it gets harder to book at seven months?

I own at BCV. It is nice and will do. ;)
But, my heart belongs at VWL and our recent stay at BWV came to a close second!

If I could do it over or had a choice I would own a mix of VWL and BWV. I know they are both totally different themes, but both seem just right. Something about BCV is lacking to me. I dunno.

Sooo, here's a poll. ;)
I'd love to also hear where you own and what resorts you would rather own at if that is your case.

Thanks!

We own at the resorts where we want to stay. Of course I can't be perfectly happy so I wish we had more BWV points and a few less VWL & BCV points so it would be easier to take advantage of the grand villas at the BWV.

HBC

We own at VWL, BCV and HH. When we purchased a resale last year, we were seriously debating adding VB. However, we chose to add another contract at HH. We decided it may be better to have a large chunck of points at HH as it is a closer drive to IL. Also, we love the GV there and the points are more reasonable. HH is also a stand alone vacation destination w/o the the added vacation costs of a WDW trip. Owning at VWL and BCV, we do miss the option of an 11 month GV booking at WDW.

We own at Boardwalk and Vero and I'm very happy with both. Boardwalk is definately our favorite WDW location as we love Epcot and enjoy walking over.

We bought Vero so that we could share it with my in-laws. They love beach vacations.

I've enjoyed trying VWL and OKW, but I'm really glad we own where we do.

We're very happy that we own most of our points at BWV. We will consider a BCV add on if it becomes too hard to stay there even for a weekend night while the Flower Show at Epcot goes on. 50 points would get us a Sat. and Sun. studio in May. This was the first May that we owned and we were able to do just that this year, that is stay on a Saturday and Sunday night with VWL points. I did call exactly 7 months from check-out day, don't think I needed to do that, there was still availability a month later.

Other places that we own VWL and VB enough points for our desired stays there for now.

Bobbi:D

We would not change our home resort for anything. We waited to buy at a resort that fit our vacation needs and we could not be happier! We love our home resort and continue to add on points at the same resort. We have no desire to own DVC pts at any other DVC resort.

Originally posted by lenshanem
But, my heart belongs at VWL and our recent stay at BWV came to a close second!

If I could do it over or had a choice I would own a mix of VWL and BWV. I know they are both totally different themes, but both seem just right.

Following the advice on this board, we bought where we knew we would want to stay the most. And our feelings are captured very well by Shan's statements above.

So we own at VWL and BWV, and wouldn't change it if given a second chance. :)

I own all my points at BWV. I owned a contract at BCV, but I sold it because I felt that we had too many points right at Epcot. My heart belongs to OKW, so I am adding on there, FINALLY. Maybe one more add-on will be in our future, but then that's it for us.:D

At the time we purchased the deal was too good on VB, but I sure wish I had BWV, or OKW, or even VWL. Only because I don't ever see us going to VB, but we are always going to WDW. I know all the advice was to buy where you want to stay, but first of all I hadn't yet found this vast wealth of knowledge on everything Disney, and at the time there wasn't really any other choice. But all that said, I had no problems getting what I wanted for our upcoming trip to OKW.

When we bought OKW was the only choice.........which as it turns out, is our absolute favorite. We have added on about 4 times and always at OKW.:Pinkbounc

I own VWL and BCV. The kids absolutely love BCV (and Stormalong Bay). My favorite is VWL, but I think in the future when my kids are married and have kids of their own it would be nice to be able to get a grand villa!
But I'll worry about that some other time.

We own at OKW and HH and love both resorts. I sometimes wish we had some points at BCV, since we love to stay there for F&W. But with our kids getting older, we really don't need MORE points and I can't bear to part with any of the ones we have to purchase BCV, so we'll continue to take our chances.

There certainly are worse things in the world than being forced to stay at OKW instead of BCV for F&W!!

I think I'm naturally content.

We bought BWV sight unseen. We'd never even been to the area. At the time, only BCVs was being sold - and going through Disney was more expensive (and a guide took three weeks to get back to me, in the meantime, I'd found the resale market and an acceptable contract).

If I'd had all the current resorts to choose from, I'd have gone with VWL, which didn't have any inexpensive resales at the time. The theming is lovely and we like the MK access. But, silver lining, Epcot is our favorite park and our kids will quickly appreciate being close to MGM instead of MK. I think its nicer to walk home from Illuminations (my husband's favorite show), than stay at WL (my husband's favorite resort). Had we chosen VWL, I think I'd think it was nicer to take the boat to the MK for EE. ;)

We almost ended up at OKW. The frugal part of me loves the OKW "value proposition." Had we ended up there, I'd love the big rooms, low points. Since we aren't there, I'll let its out of the way location and (current) lack of a pool slide dissuade me from deciding we'd made a poor choice.

Had we bought BC, I'd be thrilled with SAB and just avoid it for the few years the kids will be particularly hard to watch. I also really love the layout of the table, the sand beach, and the location. Since I didn't, I'm thrilled we bought a lower priced resale, and that I won't have a few years of seven month switching to avoid that marvelous but frustrating pool.

The resort I am least impressed with is SSR. Had I ended up there, I think I'd search hard to find a silver lining. Not that there aren't great things about the resort - none of the great things are things I find appealing. If we were DTD people, or more dependant on a car, it would be more appealing.

We own at BWV and OKW. We use BWV for Food & Wine Fest and for the trips when college boy is along (he likes the action). We love OKW for those trips when DH and I go alone (peace, quiet, relaxing ambience) and for the big rooms and GV availability when we have extended family along.

If we had lots of disposable income (and disposable vacattion time) we would probably like to add on either VB or HH. We have been to both and would love the 11 month window at either one for non-park vacations.

We're among the minority who wish we had a different home resort. When we first bought, it was VWL, primarily because that's what was being sold. We knew nothing of a resale market (wish we'd checked this board out, but unfortuantely we just assumed it was only for DVC members, not possible members-boy, could we have learned!) After seeing OKW, DH fell in love there. We're just lucky OKW is the easiest to book at less than 7 months, so we don't need the 11 month window, at least for now. Our other home is BCV-there we were smarter-I went there before we bought, then we knew we wanted/needed to buy there. But I do wish we had either OKW or HH (another place we love) instead of VWL.

Originally posted by WOW.
When we bought OKW was the only choice.........which as it turns out, is our absolute favorite.

This describes us exactly. We greatly appreciate the ability to try the other DVC resorts as they are built but OKW is our second home and we wouldn't have it any other way.

We own at BWV and BCV and love them both. The only thing I could complain is we don't have enough at BCV (only 150);)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter