Do you wear shorts in January at WDW??

CluelessDisFan

DIS Veteran
I just reviewed the forecast for our trip next week and the day we arrive is 80 degrees:cool1:, the following days are forecast-ed at 75 with low chance for precip. Up here 75 degree weather is a shorts wearing kind of day, but I think it gets pretty chilly in the evenings. What do you pack for a January, February trip with this kind of forecast? :confused3 I'm at a loss, and never been to Florida this time of year. Please share your experiences and ideas.:worship:

The forecast for next week looks great indeed!

Shorts are doable at those temps, but it will be chilly in the morning and nights will be cool to cold. As long as the sun is shining it will feel great.
The thing to keep in mind is the breeze that is always in central florida. It can make cool feel cold, esp at night.
have a great trip!

we go for Marathon Weekend - in the most horrible weather ever 2010, it was so bloody cold, its legendary! Many plants suffered from frost bite - made the Landscape CM's work overtime... very very cold. It was not the norm - but we were so glad we had brought our own gloves -

This last Marathon weekend - PERFECT weather! we actually were able to use the pool - the highs were in the upper 70's low 80's - but like you said, nights are chilly!

I found it sad that I saw those Disney gloves for $9 - the gloves you can get at Target for $1!

So, be prepared, I will say I take a polar tech jacket, very lightweight and warm when needed!

Im also trying to figure out what the heck to pack for next week( we leave this Saturday:yay:). I've been in January before, but that doesn't mean anything, because the weather is so unpredictable. I'm definitely packing shorts! Also packing hoodies, and the stretchy gloves. I think you have to layer, and then take off a layer as the day gets hotter, and then you can put them back on if you are still in the park at night. That's my plan at least!

I would strongly suggest shorts (and even your swim suit for pool time), especially for day park touring. Even if the temp is only 75 or 80, instead of 95 or 100, the sun will keep you warm. I would make sure to bring jeans or pants and a light sweater if you go out in the evening.

We leave on Sat.

I didnt pack shorts for me because well I dont wear shorts ever...But I do wear capris so I packed 3 pairs of those and I did pack my bathing suit.

Hubby packed 2 pairs of shorts and his bathing suit (which he has been known to wear for shorts) and I packed like 10 pairs for DS lol...we will probably start the day in pants but I will at least throw DS's shorts in the park bag. Or maybe just let him cover up in the stroller with a blanket.

I am so excited for the weather :)

Yeah I am bringing a mix of clothes. I'm planning on capris for myself mostly. a nice way to meet in the middle between shorts and pants lol. and will bring a sweater to put on if I need to

For DD I'm bringing stuff that will layers easily like dresses and then bring knit tights or leggings for underneath if it gets chilly and a long sleeved shirt and/or a cardigan

Anytime you go to Florida you should ALWAYS pack summer clothes and don't forget the bathing suit.

Shorts and t's in the daytime and long sleeves and slacks in the evening.
We are having a mild winter here this year. Just pack for both kinds of weather and you'll be covered.

Dont forget to pack sunglasses and sunscreen!

We forgot the sunscreen, and I saw a lady all red with sunburn - I had to buy some, it was $14 for the spray sunscreen!

I live in the NE too (Pennsylvania) and 75 is not shorts weather for me. Certainly not when it's only the HIGHT that will be 75. I don't tolerate cold well though.

But seriously, a high of 75 (even if it's accurate) means realistically it's 75 degrees for an hour or so in the afternoon. The rest of the time it's somewhere in the 60's and probably even cooler at night. Brrrr.

We leave for WDW next Thursday and for DH I am packing mostly shorts with a few jeans just in case. Even if it is 60 he will wear shorts. I am taking jeans and Capris. Even if it is high 70s I am ok in jeans. I will take a hoodie tied around my waist if we plan on being in the parks past 5 pm just in case the temp drops. But the forecast so far shows highs in the mid 70s with lows in the high 50s. Which means mornings and evenings may be a bit chilly. And I get cold easy. No shorts for me.

Ive been wondering the same thing, we go the last week in February. Ive looked up the average temp and it say's mid 70's (75 was average temp), so I plan on packing capris, t-shirts ( no shorts or tank tops, Im more of a capri person then shorts), a sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans for the morning's and evenings. I see people mention gloves so Im going to pack them and a hat just incase, guess you never know, but I plan on checking the 10 day forecast before we leave to get a better idea!

Enjoy:cool1::yay:

I do tees and capris and sandals at disney (year round). And a hoodie in the AM during Jan/Feb. Just tuck it in my backsack for the day when it warms up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter