Do you wear a lanyard or do something else?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
We wore lanyards when we went to Disneyland. I am used to wearing an ID at work, so it was not a problem to wear. Lanyards are convenient to carry fast passes, money, entrance tickets, etc. However, when we got home, I noticed that every single picture we had we are wearing our ugly lanyards. (And they were the really ugly yellow ones you get from having a Disney Visa). This time around I am thinking about not wearing a lanyard, but I'm afraid if I try to keep everything in my pockets I will lose it. I do plan on wearing a cross over bag and I think DH will bring a fanny pack. We can keep essentials in there, but I did like the convenience of not having to search for those things in my bag and just having them around my neck. How do you prefer to keep all the essentials?

I use a small cross body bag containing room key, ticket, phone and some money. That's about all I carry in the parks. I don't like things around my neck, so don't use a lanyard.

I used a cross body bag as well, but it had a couple of small pockets on the outside. I put the things I would need a lot, like room keys, cash, and ID in one of those pockets. It saved me from having to root through the main bag for that type of stuff.

You could always pick up a prettier lanyard!

We're starting to get quite the collection now... my husband's work-supplied lanyard has awesome little lizards all over it (weird, but cool). A friend of mine gave me one with nerdy Hello Kittys all over it. We've got a full set of Harry Potter themed ones from Universal, including mine which looks like a house tie. We got a bunch of free yellow ones that look like old movie reels from the local radio station. And so on!

I bet you could probably find some really fun Disney ones.

You can buy Disney themed ones too. They have pin lanyards and IIRC KTTW/AP card holder lanyards.

we take our lanyards off for a lot of the pictures. Just lay them on the ground at our feet or something.

We wear lanyards too- so easy and we don't have to worry about DH losing them when he's pulling something else out of his pockets (yes, it has happened :rolleyes2). They have some fun designs on the lanyards for sale, and it seems like you can't swing a cat without finding a place that sells them (in the parks and at the resorts).

I usually have two on in photopass pictures. One has my camera on it and the other a little purse with fast passes, KTTW card and my photopass card. I don't want to lose anything.

For this year's trip, I actually found one with a purse on the end big enough to hold my phone.

We always have Disney Themed Lanyards. Ebay has a huge selection.

I wear a small purse on my belt loops. It is about the size of a small fanny pack and has a trigger clip at one (or both ends). I thread this through two belt loops on my shorts. It keeps my the-vacation-will-be-ruined stuff close by but out of the way. The only real drawback is you can't put something really heavy in it, and you have to wear shorts/pants with belt loops.

Any wallet on a string type purse will work as long as it has the trigger clips on the handle. You may need to add a buckle or have the shoulder strap shortened. A shoe repair place can do that quickly and may not charge you for it.

It looks better than a fanny pack, is comfortable (no waist belt) and it stays in place when using the restroom.

I usually have two on in photopass pictures. One has my camera on it and the other a little purse with fast passes, KTTW card and my photopass card. I don't want to lose anything.

For this year's trip, I actually found one with a purse on the end big enough to hold my phone.

We always have Disney Themed Lanyards. Ebay has a huge selection.

Thanks for the tip on EBay for lanyards! They are way cheaper. What about the pins on there are they authentic to trade? Any idea? They seem awfully cheap on there

Dh carries a book bag for things like sunscreen, an extra change of clothes for dd, autograph book, etc. I carry a cross body with our KTTWC, Id's, money, etc. However, this coming September I am going to go with a lanyard seeing as how I'm only carrying the cross body for our cards and money. I am going to go with a Vera Bradley lanyard and Id holder. I think they are much more stylish/feminine and the VB lanyards don't seem to be as thick as others that I've seen. I want to keep things that we need often, like our cards and money separate from our main bag and while a cross body was fine, I am just looking to lighten the load.

I carry a small backpack in the parks, and it's a pain to have to dig out my phone or park ticket all the time since my bag is on my back. So those two items go in my pocket. I have an AP so I keep it inside the sleeve. FPs go inside the sleeve as well. I've never had any problems with losing it.

You might consider wearing cargo capris or shorts with a pocket on the side that buttons. This would let you put your KTTW/tickets/FPs in a more secure but still convenient pocket.

I agree with buying a pretty lanyard. My ticket/room key/ifd card is also my credit card while I'm there. It's everything...so it's staying in sight at all times. Lanyards are cheap too even pretty ones.

I carry around a wristlet (clutch) and keep all the important cards and my phone (camera) in there. It saves me from having to dig through my drawstring backpack every time I need my ticket. I love it! I have a ton of wristlets so I bring a couple so I can try and match my outfit :)

I use a cross body bag to hold our KTTW cards, IDs, a small bottle of sunscreen, and the cheap panchos that I had gotten off of Amazon. Those are great because they come in these small ziploc bags that are the perfect size to slip our cell phones into to protect them on water rides. We don't carry a lot to the parks, but this seemed like our best option.

Last few years we've been doing a Disney Cruise then going to the Disney after. While onboard we each get a DVC Lanyard and then after the first cruise we get out Castaway Club lanyards too! I used to carry a bag or fanny pack but since discovering the ease of lanyards (no going through bag check!) I pretty much refuse to bring a bag!

As for the photo thing, I suggest taking it off for photos! Only takes a few seconds to take it off...snap a few pictures then toss it back on!

I tend to wear lanyards attached to my belt loop then put the end in my trouser pocket that way its out of sight and securely attached so even if it does come out of my pocket it isn't going anywhere :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter