Do you wear a bathing suit at the parks with a cover up?

D'smom

Earning My Ears
We've been to Bush and Sesame Place and both parks we have been comfortable with good water shoes and our bathing suits with cover-ups over them. We bring dry clothes to change into before going home. AK, MK,EPcot and MGM are not impressing me as a park with lots of rides that you get wet on.So are we better off just bring dry clothes with us in case we get wet ?

A bathing suit under a pair of board shorts and a rashguard works really well for AK or IOA. On a warm day you can be dry again in about 30 minutes.

WDWNicole said:
The only ride you might get soaked on is Kali River Rapids in AK.

I've seen some people get pretty drenched on Splash Mountain as well, although it's not a given. Perhaps they've modified it in the past few years?

No, you can still get pretty wet on Splash.

Me personally, I wouldn't wear a bathing suit to the park. There just aren't enough water rides, plus I would think a suit would be uncomfortable after a while.

I thought someone had posted recently that some girls wore bikinis on Splash, and were told by the CMs that it wasn't allowed?

Isnt there something that says you cant wear bathing suits/bikinis in the parks?
I know that it says that you have to wear shoes and shirts at all times too..
sure I saw something about bathing suits.

just like to state that I have no problem if women wear bikini's to the parks during the week of 4/26 to 5/6. :)

boxer said:
just like to state that I have no problem if women wear bikini's to the parks during the week of 4/26 to 5/6. :)

:lmao: :rotfl2:

Anyway, considering I really can't remember seeing anyone in bathing suits at the WDW parks, I'm assuming there must be a rule as well.

I went last September and I got SOAKED in 3 of the 4 parks:

MK it was Slash Mountain
AK was the Kali Rapids
EPCOT it was the ride in Norway.

I tried really hard to find the dry spots to sit in too! My daughter, who wouldn't have minded getting wet, stayed dry the whole time!

Sesame Place is primarily a water park with only a ride , show or two at the most so you would wear a suit.
Disney has only two rides in all the parks that you get wet on so It would be over kill to wear a suit all day for 1 ride in each of 2 parks. I can't imagine wearing a suit for 10 hrs to be splashed on 1 ride in MK and yes you can get soaked but only 1 ride in AK. I just put on my poncho if I don't want wet.

I know you you would be appropriate, but I have a funny story, my som who is only 4yo we left the main park (MK) and were waiting out front where the charcters line up for autographs, well my son was all wet from on of the fountains by Ariel so when we left the main gates he took off his shirt and with that cast member ( a young girl) yelled out loud "EVERYONE NEEDS TO WEAR A SHIRT PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE! Everyone started looking around
(even me) thinking who is she talking too? Then it dawned on me oh shes talking about my son! Everyone was laughing cause notonly is he so little he was half asleep in his stoller. So just be ware of the "Dress police!" (just kidding) :blush:

I do....all the time...works better if it rains, I go on a wet ride, I wanna jump in a fountain or something. I'm one of these chicks everyone here hates because I wear my bikini top to the parks...although I've not done it in Disney, only US/IOA...

*prepares to be flamed*

I do....all the time...works better if it rains, I go on a wet ride, I wanna jump in a fountain or something. I'm one of these chicks everyone here hates because I wear my bikini top to the parks...although I've not done it in Disney, only US/IOA...

you wouldn't happen to be going to disney 4/26 to 5/6 would you? Cuz, I just want to say, I don't hate you-----you wear your bikini top if you want.

LOL. :rotfl2:

boxer said:
you wouldn't happen to be going to disney 4/26 to 5/6 would you? Cuz, I just want to say, I don't hate you-----you wear your bikini top if you want.

LOL. :rotfl2:

No...don't worry ;)
I wouldn't mind meeting some nice American guy on the Kali river rapids though :rotfl2:

D'smom said:
We've been to Bush and Sesame Place and both parks we have been comfortable with good water shoes and our bathing suits with cover-ups over them. We bring dry clothes to change into before going home. AK, MK,EPcot and MGM are not impressing me as a park with lots of rides that you get wet on.So are we better off just bring dry clothes with us in case we get wet ?

No, I don't see Walt Disney World as parks where you get wet a lot. MK has Splash Mtn, but I've never gotten THAT wet. And AK has Kali River Rapids where you can get soaked.

We wear normal clothes all the time. If we go on a 'wet' ride I try to plan it for the end of our day there. So incase we are soaked we dont walk around really wet.

There is SO much to do at WDW! I've never realized there wasn't enough wet rides. Remember WDW also has 2 water parks, Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon. HAVE FUN!!!

Bekawells said:
I went last September and I got SOAKED in 3 of the 4 parks:
MK it was Slash Mountain
AK was the Kali Rapids
EPCOT it was the ride in Norway.

Soaked?

Norway?

Maelstrom?

SOAKED?

What did you DO,
Jump over the SIDE?
Fall out at unload?

:goodvibes

I reserve the term "SOAKED" for drenching water that you can "wring out" of every piece of your clothing (Shirt, Pants, Socks and Shoes)... and hair that is dripping rivulets down your back and on your shoulders.

That term only fits Kali... and sometimes SOAKED is not strong enough.

;)

RC Fan said:
A bathing suit under a pair of board shorts and a rashguard works really well for AK or IOA. On a warm day you can be dry again in about 30 minutes.

what is a rashguard?

Robo said:
Soaked?

Norway?

Maelstrom?

SOAKED?

What did you DO,
Jump over the SIDE?
Fall out at unload?

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter