• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do You Wash New Clothes Before Wearing Them?

Saphire

DIS Veteran
I wash most items before I wear them, just feels right to me. I wash towels and sheets too before using them. I like to get any dye out of dark clothes, and want them to smell like they were just washed. Do you do the same, or is that kind of obsessive, like someone has said. :rolleyes1

I wash everything before using or wearing it. Years ago my son wore a new tee shirt that was unwashed to Universal and rode a water ride. He came off the ride bright blue! He totally looked like a smurf and it had to wear off cause it would NOT wash off!:scared1:

I always wash them before I wear them. I don't like wearing clothes with that "store" smell on me.

I do two things before wearing something new, 1. cut off the sleeves, 2. wash

As someone who has worked retail and seen "behind the scenes", I always wash new clothes and linens.

I wash everything.

MY DH would never wear something that had not been washed yet. Of course, he numbers his socks also. LOL

I only wash undergarments first. So for most of you who do wash everything, what about new items that are dry clean only? Do you take those items to the cleaner first?

Absolutely always. Among other things, they spray fire retarding chemicals on warehoused fabrics and clothing, and everyone in my household has very sensitive skin. The times I have made the mistake of getting (or letting a kid get) in too big a hurry to wear something, someone has paid the price in hives.

Dry clean only items don't apply to me, because I refuse to buy anything I can't chuck in the washer. Okay wait, I have a leather and wool Disneyland 50th Anniversary jacket that can't go in the washer, so no I didn't wash that before I wore it. It wouldn't have liked that.

I never do...it is about the only time it will truly look neat and pressed!

I used to just take my new clothes honme and wear them. Thanks to the DIS and its talk of roaches and such, I now wash everything first...unless it is a clothing emergency or something.
I wash everything.

MY DH would never wear something that had not been washed yet. Of course, he numbers his socks also. LOL
He what? How does this work?

I can't stand to wear something that hasn't been washed first- I hate the way "new" clothes feel.

No but I am not a big cootie type person. Though if two people eat off the same plate even mother or father and child or husband and wife I nearly gag. But I try and block out all that sweatshop worker from a 3rd world country germs out of my mind.

only in dire consequences (like the jeans soaked from Disaster Canyon not dry 2 hrs later) do I let anyone in my house wear clothes not washed first.

I guess sharing an ice cream cone would totally do you in, huh? :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter