Do you want to/need to see Bin Laden's body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only took a few moments for the conspiracies to begin. Needed election points, did it to get back at Trump...it's really sad when we can't come together for a few hours without all the back biting and nonsense. I'm so sick of being surrounded by all the conspiracies. Everyone has their own agenda. There is no such thing as for the good of all anymore. :sad2:
Agree with this. It seems that no matter what happens it's a polarizing event instead of an uniting event. And if you don't believe the government, there is absolutely no way you're ever going to be 100% convinced no matter what they show you. I think they respected the Muslim faith by disposing of the body quickly but disrespected Osama by not allowing any kind of shrine to exist around his burial place.

Seriously? What were they supposed to do, knock on the door and ask him to come out? There was no way there would NOT be a battle, and we would not be holding back. Who says they didn't get a picture? I'm sure there's plenty of documentation. Just because it's not being shown to the public doesn't mean it doesn't exist.There is EVERY reason to believe he's still alive??? :confused3 And Bin Laden wasn't THE terrorist. How incredibly stupid do you think our government and others are that they would relax security because we got him??? If anything, I'm sure everyone is on much higher alert, in anticipation of retaliation.

Pictures, DNA results, eyewitness accounts...there are going to be some people out there who will never accept ANY of it, unless they themselves did an autopsy and the DNA testing. :rolleyes:

They announced this morning on the news that his sister died of cancer and Boston and they kept her brain after death (which I find gross). Don't know if that's true, just repeating what I heard this morning.

So, if this is true, why not just say this in the press conference last night??? This is exactly my point--this isn't a "state secret" is it if his sister died of cancer here?? They could have easily said "we have DNA from OBL's sister, who died I Boston in whatever year and have compared that DNA to OBL's and have a 99% match" or whatever. They could have held up a chart showing the match even, but I still think a body to go along with all of this would have been a good idea too.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Do you REALLY think that the government is 100% truthful in everything they say??? It makes a lot of sense, especially if they captured him vs killing him. All I am saying is that if they really did kill him, why not offer up some proof other than a press conference saying we killed him and we have DNA. :confused3 As for it being a more dangerous time--sure for the next couple weeks or so. When nothing happens, people will start to relax. Not that you will see that in the military or even at airports, etc. but individuals will become less aware as time goes on.

I don't believe everything the government says, but what do we have to gain by capturing him but pretending that we killed him?

This hunt has been going on for almost 10 years. I think there were detailed plans as to how the military/government should proceed if they succeeded in killing him, including the documentation and fact gathering for proving that they killed him. Just because it hasn't been made public record yet, doesn't mean that this documentation doesn't exist.

Do you REALLY think that the government is 100% truthful in everything they say??? It makes a lot of sense, especially if they captured him vs killing him. All I am saying is that if they really did kill him, why not offer up some proof other than a press conference saying we killed him and we have DNA. :confused3 As for it being a more dangerous time--sure for the next couple weeks or so. When nothing happens, people will start to relax. Not that you will see that in the military or even at airports, etc. but individuals will become less aware as time goes on.

Mission Accomplished. 'Nuf said.

Well, a body for one. Like I said earlier-it's just too convenient that he was "buried at sea". They could ALWAYS have done that later. Yes, they say they have DNA-and when you throw out those letters, people assume that can't be wrong-but like I said, where did they get the previous samples to compare this one to?? How about some information about that? Yes, photos can be faked and just releasing a photo would still not convince me he is actually dead for that reason. I see no reason that they could not have brought his body somewhere, gotten outside confirmation from several different countries and released the DNA information as proof they have actually killed him--THEN dump his body at sea.

I guess they saw some reasons to not do that, maybe they will be further explained, maybe not. What you propose seems like alot to go through when all they need is a vile a blood, since most Americans will belive the DNA evidence and don't belive that our gov't is harboring deep dark secrets. I don't think think they should have to go through unreasonable lengths to prove anything to us, we as Americans should have enough faith in our Military and Gov't to be trutful about this, IMO.

Well, a body for one. Like I said earlier-it's just too convenient that he was "buried at sea". They could ALWAYS have done that later. Yes, they say they have DNA-and when you throw out those letters, people assume that can't be wrong-but like I said, where did they get the previous samples to compare this one to?? How about some information about that? Yes, photos can be faked and just releasing a photo would still not convince me he is actually dead for that reason. I see no reason that they could not have brought his body somewhere, gotten outside confirmation from several different countries and released the DNA information as proof they have actually killed him--THEN dump his body at sea.

double post

I'm not sure what you would have wanted done with the body? Put in a glass casket? Tied to a chair? I mean, they are supposed to roll him in for a newscast and roll him back into the White House refrigerator until the next time?

Could you see the outcry about the desecration of the body? Why give them more to whine about? Maybe his body is in a cold drawer somewhere and not in the ocean. Regardless, they wouldn't be taking photos with it. I can see it now, there's the body, Obama leans in for a close up with his thumb up....

Seriously? What were they supposed to do, knock on the door and ask him to come out? There was no way there would NOT be a battle, and we would not be holding back. Who says they didn't get a picture? I'm sure there's plenty of documentation. Just because it's not being shown to the public doesn't mean it doesn't exist.There is EVERY reason to believe he's still alive??? :confused3 And Bin Laden wasn't THE terrorist. How incredibly stupid do you think our government and others are that they would relax security because we got him??? If anything, I'm sure everyone is on much higher alert, in anticipation of retaliation.

Pictures, DNA results, eyewitness accounts...there are going to be some people out there who will never accept ANY of it, unless they themselves did an autopsy and the DNA testing. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

So, if this is true, why not just say this in the press conference last night??? This is exactly my point--this isn't a "state secret" is it if his sister died of cancer here?? They could have easily said "we have DNA from OBL's sister, who died I Boston in whatever year and have compared that DNA to OBL's and have a 99% match" or whatever. They could have held up a chart showing the match even, but I still think a body to go along with all of this would have been a good idea too.

The press conference wasn't about giving us proof - I saw it as being about official confirmation that the event took place, and words of solidarity from our leader. There will be many, many news stories in the coming days, and I'm sure the issue of proof will be discussed in great length. The press conference wasn't intended to be about that.

To be honest, I was surprised and quite peeved that they buried him at sea. An honorable burial for HIM? Why? What has he done to deserve an honorable burial. What did the 3,000 who died on 9/11/01 do to deserve a dishonorable burial? What about the multitude who died afterwards defending & protecting us? I, thank goodness, haven't lost a family member to this scumbag's actions and yet I would still love the chance to stomp his dead face in.

And then the rational side of my brain kicked in.

No, we don't want or need the additional backlash from Al Quaeda for disrespecting their burial traditions. It's already gonna be bad enough. Yes, I fully expect another wave in retaliation for his death. Where would he be buried? No respectable country would want that kind of circus - the good and the bad - around his grave and any country willing to take his body would make a shrine of it and we definitely don't want that.

I will have to find content in knowing that he's finally dead. No, there will be no closure for the families of the thousands of innocent victims. I hope, though, that they can feel some sort of peace knowing that this ******* has been wiped off the face of the earth.

The question on this thread is "Do you want to/need to see Bin Laden's Body'.....

I really think the US is trying to be as respectful to this horrible thug as they can be. They tried to respect Muslim tradition while not creating a burial space where people could make a shrine and trek there every year on the anniversary. I can't imagine the uprising it would have caused if his rebels thought his body was being held somewhere in the US. I am going to trust that we disposed of the body quickly because the US believed it was in the best interest of everyone involved.

I just can't see the US parading his corpse around to different countries for DNA testing, nor can I see them posting pictures or video of him. To me, posting pictures of dead bodies on television seems like something Al Quaida would do, but not the US. I just don't think this is something that needs to be on YouTube.

Rachel:earsboy::earsgirl::earsboy::earsgirl:

The question on this thread is "Do you want to/need to see Bin Laden's Body'.....
Yes, it was. So are you saying that you need to see OBL's body to believe that he was killed? Would a photo do? Or do you need to see it in person to believe he was dead?

What's so HILARIOUS about what robinb said? :confused3 Wow. Do I think the government is 100% truthful? No. I also think that they're not about to say to the country "Psst, everyone...here's the scoop...don't tell anyone".
Because it's not necessary to offer that much detail in a PRESS CONFERENCE by THE PRESIDENT, at 11:30 PM on a Sunday night. Or ever. Yeah, I can just picture Obama doing a powerpoint presentation on all of this when announcing it. He made the announcement, he gave the primary details. Now come the questions and additional information from the press and the government...where'd they get the DNA? His sister's brain. Question asked and answered.

Do I need to see it...Yes..I do...I am not able to just "accept" and move on...I need facts and proof. Call me a consiparcy theorist or whatever...Just because it was said on CNN etc..does not make it law..

The buried at sea thing makes me wonder even more...We could have buried him anywhere to prevent a shrine...but less than 24hrs later, and the body is already gone...:sad2:

I agree with this. I guess I don't really trust the government.

You got one right! :thumbsup2 ;) But no, conversations NEVER stray, in person or on the Internet. The topic of seeing the body naturally progressed to "proof" and that's what people are discussing.

Also wanted to add...you seem to think the government ALWAYS lies. Just sayin'.

Because it leaves no proof to anyone that he is actually dead. They "say" they have DNA evidence--but what are they comparing the DNA too-where did they get the first DNA sample to prove it is really him? It's just a little too convenient to say, "yeah, we killed him and dumped his body at sea." We all know that our government is 100% truthful all the time though :rolleyes1. FOr something this big there should have been outside confirmation, photos, just more proof.

They got the DNA sample from his dead body. Don't you think that if the US said he was dead and he wasn't, he would be putting out another video with dated proof that he was still alive. He id dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter