Do you want to/need to see Bin Laden's body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know but it seems if they knew where he was they could have got him alive as well, I dunno it just seems weird to me how they didn't get pic and they were so quick to get rid of his body

I thought the tried to bring him in alive? I'm sure if he wasn't killed there would be plenty of footage of his capture, or at least him caught after the fight. I don't know the details, but I'm betting the first thought of those involved wasn't that they needed to capture any pictures as proof. DNA after the fact is proof enough.

If this is some election stunt, and bin Laden isn't dead..do you REALLY believe that he'd lay low and keep quiet while all of us "infidels" celebrate his death??

And can you imagine that complete loss of faith in every aspect of the US government if this was found to be a lie?

There is no reason to believe that bin laden isn't really and truly dead.

There is every reason to believe he is still alive--doesn't mean we don't have him in custody though.... and yes, I DO think he would not celebrate-yet--because that gives him an offensive advantage to anything he may have planned. People think he is dead and "relax" their security, etc. making an opportune time to hit. The psychological side to terrorism is equally as crippling--the world thinks he is dead-but all of the sudden is not--the entire world loses any sense of security they have. Now, I agree this is a bit out there but I still think there should be more proof he is dead.

If this is some election stunt, and bin Laden isn't dead..do you REALLY believe that he'd lay low and keep quiet while all of us "infidels" celebrate his death??

And can you imagine that complete loss of faith in every aspect of the US government if this was found to be a lie?

There is no reason to believe that bin laden isn't really and truly dead.

:thumbsup2

I'm not into conspiracies theories at all, but it just doesn't make sense to me at all, I guess being from Mo I'm the show me type lol

Honestly, I didn't mean you in particular. I've seen posts on FB and the DIS. I guess being from NJ and working in NY I've seen enough "show me" to last a lifetime. Every year on the anniversary I have to walk passed the conspiracy theorists who degrade our country, our leaders (both past and present) and most importantly degrade the memory of those lost by making it about something other than our innocent, dead citizens.

It only took a few moments for the conspiracies to begin. Needed election points, did it to get back at Trump...it's really sad when we can't come together for a few hours without all the back biting and nonsense. I'm so sick of being surrounded by all the conspiracies. Everyone has their own agenda. There is no such thing as for the good of all anymore. :sad2:

I'm with you. I understand a little questioning, but there are so many reasons to believe he's dead. Let's be relieved that there is one less evil person in the world.

I know but it seems if they knew where he was they could have got him alive as well, I dunno it just seems weird to me how they didn't get pic and they were so quick to get rid of his body

The news reports are indicating that the NAVY Seals gave him the opportunity to surrender and he chose not to. Bin Laden has said in the past that he would not be taken alive, partly to create a martyr legend and further fuel the fire of his followers.

There is every reason to believe he is still alive--doesn't mean we don't have him in custody though.... and yes, I DO think he would not celebrate-yet--because that gives him an offensive advantage to anything he may have planned. People think he is dead and "relax" their security, etc. making an opportune time to hit. The psychological side to terrorism is equally as crippling--the world thinks he is dead-but all of the sudden is not--the entire world loses any sense of security they have. Now, I agree this is a bit out there but I still think there should be more proof he is dead.

Like what though? If you don't believe the DNA evidence, what would you believe? A photo? A video? All those things can be faked, even the DNA evidence so what would prove to you that he was definitely dead?

Just asking out of curiosity, not trying to pick on you :)

Relax security? why would you think they do that? I would think they would tighten security after this.

Why in the heck would the President tell us he is dead if he was not? It makes NO SENSE, even if you add in any political capital he might get from it. Our government is not that stupid to announce something like OBL's death without being 100% sure.

And if you think we will RELAX now that he is dead, you would be DEAD WRONG. IMO this is a very dangerous time ... far more dangerous now that OBL has been executed. This is seriously going to piss off the PTB in al-Qaeda and they will revenge his death. We just don't know when.

Like what though? If you don't believe the DNA evidence, what would you believe? A photo? A video? All those things can be faked, even the DNA evidence so what would prove to you that he was definitely dead?

Just asking out of curiosity, not trying to pick on you :)

Well, a body for one. Like I said earlier-it's just too convenient that he was "buried at sea". They could ALWAYS have done that later. Yes, they say they have DNA-and when you throw out those letters, people assume that can't be wrong-but like I said, where did they get the previous samples to compare this one to?? How about some information about that? Yes, photos can be faked and just releasing a photo would still not convince me he is actually dead for that reason. I see no reason that they could not have brought his body somewhere, gotten outside confirmation from several different countries and released the DNA information as proof they have actually killed him--THEN dump his body at sea.

Why in the heck would the President tell us he is dead if he was not? It makes NO SENSE, even if you add in any political capital he might get from it. Our government is not that stupid to announce something like OBL's death without being 100% sure.

And if you think we will RELAX now that he is dead, you would be DEAD WRONG. IMO this is a very dangerous time ... far more dangerous now that OBL has been executed. This is seriously going to piss off the PTB in al-Qaeda and they will revenge his death. We just don't know when.

It might be one of his body doubles for all we know

Seriously? What were they supposed to do, knock on the door and ask him to come out? There was no way there would NOT be a battle, and we would not be holding back. Who says they didn't get a picture? I'm sure there's plenty of documentation. Just because it's not being shown to the public doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
There is EVERY reason to believe he's still alive??? :confused3 And Bin Laden wasn't THE terrorist. How incredibly stupid do you think our government and others are that they would relax security because we got him??? If anything, I'm sure everyone is on much higher alert, in anticipation of retaliation.

Pictures, DNA results, eyewitness accounts...there are going to be some people out there who will never accept ANY of it, unless they themselves did an autopsy and the DNA testing. :rolleyes:

Well, a body for one. Like I said earlier-it's just too convenient that he was "buried at sea". They could ALWAYS have done that later. Yes, they say they have DNA-and when you throw out those letters, people assume that can't be wrong-but like I said, where did they get the previous samples to compare this one to?? How about some information about that? Yes, photos can be faked and just releasing a photo would still not convince me he is actually dead for that reason. I see no reason that they could not have brought his body somewhere, gotten outside confirmation from several different countries and released the DNA information as proof they have actually killed him--THEN dump his body at sea.

They announced this morning on the news that his sister died of cancer and Boston and they kept her brain after death (which I find gross). Don't know if that's true, just repeating what I heard this morning.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Do you REALLY think that the government is 100% truthful in everything they say??? It makes a lot of sense, especially if they captured him vs killing him. All I am saying is that if they really did kill him, why not offer up some proof other than a press conference saying we killed him and we have DNA. :confused3 As for it being a more dangerous time--sure for the next couple weeks or so. When nothing happens, people will start to relax. Not that you will see that in the military or even at airports, etc. but individuals will become less aware as time goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter