Do you want to/need to see Bin Laden's body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I realize that knowing every last detail of the operation and seeing gruesome pictures might further endanger our service men and women and hamper U.S. intelligence. Not worth it to satisfy morbid curiosity.

I believe Osama Bin Laden is truly dead.

Is it possible they claimed to have buried him at sea to prevent a shrine being created but didn't actually bury him anywhere? Maybe his body is in a giant gov't warehouse next to the Ark of the Covenant and the spaceship from Area 51?

If one can think that the Gov't is not being truthful about his death, than its perfectly reasonble for some to think they aren't being truthful about where he is actually buried.
I was thinking they buried it in the hidden studio where they created the first steps on the moon video.

Is it possible they claimed to have buried him at sea to prevent a shrine being created but didn't actually bury him anywhere? Maybe his body is in a giant gov't warehouse next to the Ark of the Covenant and the spaceship from Area 51?

If one can think that the Gov't is not being truthful about his death, than its perfectly reasonble for some to think they aren't being truthful about where he is actually buried.
I was thinking they buried it in the hidden studio where they created the first steps on the moon video.

:thumbsup2:lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl:

To answer the question, no I do not need to see him. I understand those that do, but I truly believe he is dead. If he wasn't, I believe he would have released a video this morning saying he wasn't dead to cause us to mistrust our government.

Some of the conspiracy theories I have seen today are making me roll my eyes really hard though, including one that says that he's been dead for years and we've been keeping him frozen. :rolleyes:

Too, early to have been buried at sea, some needed to see the body imo Originally, they released info saying DNA was confirmed, but now... :confused3

Too, early to have been buried at sea, some needed to see the body imo Originally, they released info saying DNA was confirmed, but now... :confused3

Haven't seen any official info about DNA...only speculation all night from various media sources. Obama himself never once mentioned DNA.

Well, if there are no further speeches, either video or audio, containing proof that he is still alive, maybe with him holding up a recent newspaper or referring to a specific news incident, yes, I accept that the man is dead. IF he were still alive, he was enough of a narcissistic megalomaniac to immediately start spewing his rants on the airwaves as a response to this announcement by The Great Satan...he would not be silent.

The man is DEAD.

The US had DNA from a dead sister that they compared his DNA to.

Announcing this news is not cost-free. I am sure that retaliation is being planned by bin Laden adherents as soon as the news started to come out.

agnes!

I asked that last night, but apparently the US has the DNA of some of his family/children to compare his to.

Well, if there are no further speeches, either video or audio, containing proof that he is still alive, maybe with him holding up a recent newspaper or referring to a specific news incident, yes, I accept that the man is dead. IF he were still alive, he was enough of a narcissistic megalomaniac to immediately start spewing his rants on the airwaves as a response to this announcement by The Great Satan...he would not be silent.

The man is DEAD.

The US had DNA from a dead sister that they compared his DNA to.

Announcing this news is not cost-free. I am sure that retaliation is being planned by bin Laden adherents as soon as the news started to come out.

agnes!

And just where and when did they get this DNA from??? See that is the problem, just way too many EASY unanswered questions when you say "yup, we killed him and dumped his body at sea"....

I believe that Bin Laden was killed so there is no reason for me to see his body. In any case, wonders can be done with Photoshop so a photo is really not proof.

And just where and when did they get this DNA from??? See that is the problem, just way too many EASY unanswered questions when you say "yup, we killed him and dumped his body at sea"....

I'm pretty sure his family members were living in the US right at the time of 9/11. There are a great many of them who were not his "followers".

I am glad to see there are some people here on the DIS not afraid to ask real questions out in the open...

I agree with golfgal 100% on everything said thus far

I am glad to see there are some people here on the DIS not afraid to ask real questions out in the open...

I agree with golfgal 100% on everything said thus far

Yeah...I was asking these same questions last night. You can see them on the "President's Speech" thread.

If there weren't satisfying answers, I'd STILL be asking them.

If he isn't dead, where is he? He was enough of a megalomaniac to be broadcasting himself all over the place to prove it wasn't true. I believe he's dead, I don't believe they really buried him at sea. I think they have his body somewhere and they don't want anyone to know exactly where.

To say he's dead when he isn't serves no purpose. Either he's dead, or they've captured him and are telling everyone he's dead. Either way, he's out of the way.:thumbsup2

According to several news sources, there are a couple reasons why he was buried at sea and so quickly. Islamic rules/customs are to bury the dead within 24 hours. He was buried at sea because (1) it would be difficult to find a country willing to accept his body and (2) having a burial site would enable 'pilgramages' for his followers and a place for them to honor/worship him.

We've been looking for him for how many years? I'm guessing our government has been prepared for a long time to ID him. They wouldn't just wait till they killed him and then said "Hey, how are we going to prove it's him?" He had many relatives, and many of them disowned him. I'm sure there were willing participants in proving his ID if caught/killed.

I don't give a rat's butt what Muslim faith decrees for burial. He could have been strung up on the flag pole and hung for a year for all I care. Following his faith's customs would have been the last thing on my mind. It does make for a good excuse to not have the body hanging around tho. Stored in a nice cold little black hole somewhere.

This has nothing to do with not appreciating a faith's burial rights, it has everything to do with not according him the grace and respect owed to a normal human being.

I hope his body is made short work of by all the nasty things in the sea.

images

I don't give a rat's butt what Muslim faith decrees for burial. He could have been strung up on the flag pole and hung for a year for all I care. Following his faith's customs would have been the last thing on my mind. It does make for a good excuse to not have the body hanging around tho. Stored in a nice cold little black hole somewhere.

This has nothing to do with not appreciating a faith's burial rights, it has everything to do with not according him the grace and respect owed to a normal human being.
And therefore look like the type of slugs the terrorists are. I don't think we want to do that anyway, but certainly need to look somewhat human to the rest of the world. It's not like Obama threw him a public funeral and said a prayer for him.

According to several news sources, there are a couple reasons why he was buried at sea and so quickly. Islamic rules/customs are to bury the dead within 24 hours. He was buried at sea because (1) it would be difficult to find a country willing to accept his body and (2) having a burial site would enable 'pilgramages' for his followers and a place for them to honor/worship him.

I understand why they buried him at sea and quite frankly, who cares if their "tradition" says to bury within 24 hours-we are talking about a terrorist that has killed thousands and thousands of people-I think he gave up his right to having a burial of his choice :lmao:. I still think that they should have offered more proof than a news conference--during election campaigning time :rolleyes1.

I agree...this man was supposidly responsible for 9/11...and we are gonna bury him honorably? REALLY?? That just makes no sense..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter